What's new
Mark your items as sold
For example, I'm pretty sure most people buying boards these days would much rather have a recapped PCB over the original caps.
Pretty much, I would rather buy fully recapped boards, batteries replaced with ex..button cell type ones or removed, etc... Like the konami boards with those leaky caps in the audio sub-boards. I would rather pay a little more and buy one with Caius repro sound module on it than have to worry about it, then send it off to get replaced, labor/parts cost, shipping back & forth, etc...I dont know about you guys but shipping stuff even locally is getting expensive, especially since I only ship stuff priority mail/insured for full value, signature required and super well packed :)

Thanks for all the info/opinions/feedback guys on both sides of the pricing discussion.

If it were that great of a price, I don't think it'd still be for sale.
I disagree, I have gotten plenty of offers at full price as a matter of fact. I'm just in the process of clearing out my pm inbox and responding to the offers since Ive been basically too busy irl the last couple of weeks to respond to things on here.

If it were that great of a price, I don't think it'd still be for sale.
I disagree, I have gotten plenty of offers at full price as a matter of fact. I'm just in the process of clearing out my pm inbox and responding to the offers since Ive been basically too busy irl the last couple of weeks to respond to things on here.
It's also the least active period of the year. People are enjoying their summer holidays.
And this forum, although growing every day, is still quite niche.

I just think it's bogus others are in here trying to convince an obviously uninformed user that they should 'just buy it' because it's A GREAT DEAL.
Excuse me? When did I tell anyone in this thread to ‘just buy it’? Please, show me where exactly where I wrote that.
You can’t, because I didn’t.

Your YAJ justification is bullshit anyway. Not everyone not living in Japan is going to go through a proxy to acquire these boards, and after fees, tax, and shipping, YAJ doesn’t make it miraculously cheaper than what Derek is listing. In some cases it's more!

Please do your research before falsely accusing people, propagating bogus information, or wrongly price policing. We don't need that in this forum.

Last edited:
Hehe, the market always silences the price police.

I was really contemplating owning this game again. I sold mine a few years ago to help with a cabinet purchase, and have missed it ever since. But I've got to keep my hobby funds secure for the two sweet multi's coming out soon.

Congrats to the buyer. Great game, and GREAT PRICE.

YJA is a completely different market..I tried YJA once, a pain to setup, all the fees associated with the proxi are ridiculous high on top of the shipping and the issues addicted with getting to the States intact.
This isn't 2005, YJA isn't some unreachable marketplace anymore, and if you think $3 is 'ridiculous high' you are in the wrong hobby. Zenmarket and SMJ are both really cheap ($3 and $4, respectively). Shipping a PCB from Japan is, at most, $40, and shipping in the states for that same PCB would be about $20. Saying YJA and the US are completely different markets isn't really valid anymore when it's so easy to buy.
Except it isn't "just $40". Everytime you buy a PCB off YAJ, expect to tack on ATLEAST $75 USD when all is said and done. Not to mention the fierce competition of 2019 YAJ. Honestly, there are better deals to be had on eBay (and forums like this one) nowadays.

expect to tack on ATLEAST $75 USD when all is said and done.
This is absolutely not the case in any transaction I've had. Who on Earth are you proxying through that you're tacking on $75 per board?! Even with shipping in that number.

This is absolutely not the case in any transaction I've had. Who on Earth are you proxying through that you're tacking on $75 per board?! Even with shipping in that number.
I think it happens with certain proxies/listings. You could end up paying the 8% JP tax, the domestic shipping fees from seller to proxy, proxy fees (sometimes the optional protective packaging if its Buyee), plus shipping to you ( I tend to use EMS express shipping for expensive pcbs/items which depending on the size is usually around the $35-50 range for pcbs (at least thats the price to me in the east coast most times), then in case of some european countries, those guys get hit with an additional import tax I believe. So in certain situations the total price shipped can easily reach that $75 range above the YAJ sale price. Does not happen all the time, but yeah it can happen.

From Japan. Looked at my past 3 orders. One was for 2 boards, 3 boards and one board. Fees (with shipping) after the item price alone were 8400, 12000 and 8400 yen respectively. It's been this way for years. Unless those other proxies have no fees...

From Japan. Looked at my past 3 orders. One was for 2 boards, 3 boards and one board. Fees after the item price alone were 8400, 12000 and 8400 yen respectively. It's been this way for years. Unless those other proxies have no fees...
You need to consider zenmarket or a few of the other /much/ cheaper places. ZM is a flat 300jpy fee. FJ also over-charges on packages to make extra money. I can ship the same x68000 PC in the same box for $40 less on ZM than FJ...

And yeah, I forgot that now some auctions have tax, @Derick2k.

I think it happens with certain proxies/listings. You could end up paying the 8% JP tax, the domestic shipping fees from seller to proxy, proxy fees (sometimes the optional protective packaging if its Buyee), plus shipping to you ( I tend to use EMS express shipping for expensive pcbs/items which depending on the size is usually around the $35-50 range for pcbs (at least thats the price to me in the east coast most times), then in case of some european countries, those guys get hit with an additional import tax I believe. So in certain situations the total price shipped can easily reach that $75 range above the YAJ sale price. Does not happen all the time, but yeah it can happen.
Yup, last 2 TTX3 units I bought where about €100 shipping and €100 import EACH!

Not even including domestic shipping, proxy fees and packaging etc

You need to consider zenmarket or a few of the other /much/ cheaper places. ZM is a flat 300jpy fee. FJ also over-charges on packages to make extra money. I can ship the same x68000 PC in the same box for $40 less on ZM than FJ...

Havent used ZM yet. SMJ has a flat fee of I think $3-4, so far they are the one I use the most, although they are a little slow to receive/ship items and plenty of time my bids get messed up because they pop with this manual bid restriction on items that should not have any. The fastest so far in receiving and shipping out stuff has been Buyee, followed by Rinkya, but again these guys charge (overcharge) the most on everything. I found FJ to just be basically unusable, too many site login/shipping issues. Yeah dude, I got hit with that 8% tax on $1K plus item and I was like FML, it is what it is, lol.

€100 import
We (thankfully) don't deal with that in the states (yet). I've only paid import fees once, and it was bringing in 40 stools, which was way over what I could convince them was personal use.

@Derick2k that's exactly how I found out about the tax too!

Yup, last 2 TTX3 units I bought where about €100 shipping and €100 import EACH!
Not even including domestic shipping, proxy fees and packaging etc
The worse feeling, lol. You get that nice price on an item, then wham, you get beat over the head with the shipping/taxes/etc.. sometimes way more than the item cost.

Yup, lucky you...

Items in general are just much more expensive here, for example I’ve been looking at some new subwoofers recently, $899 or $999 in the US vs €1399 over here (which again is about $1600ish...)

Meh. There still aren't many "deals" left to be had on YAJ when there are great forums like this around. That market is at peak saturation.

Back