What's new
Mark your items as sold
Yup, lucky you...

Items in general are just must more expensive here, for example I’ve been looking at some new subwoofers recently, $899 or $999 in the US vs €1399 over here (which again is about $1600ish...)
Oh damn, were those the ones you were looking for? I would buy and ship them out to you, but I guess you gotta figure out how much import tax and shipping from here would cost. I mean it might be worth it. But then, you also gotta think down the road on warranty service, etc.. dont know what they would offer etc..

Yup, lucky you...

Items in general are just must more expensive here, for example I’ve been looking at some new subwoofers recently, $899 or $999 in the US vs €1399 over here (which again is about $1600ish...)
Oh damn, were those the ones you were looking for? I would buy and ship them out to you, but I guess you gotta figure out how much import tax and shipping from here would cost. I mean it might be worth it. But then, you also gotta think down the road on warranty service, etc.. dont know what they would offer etc..
Yup, exactly those ;)
SVS SB-3000’s

Well with shipping and import taxes they would come in at about €1270 each if someone from the US would forward them to me, so not worth the gamble for €100 to be honest...

Of course the boxes are a bit to big and heavy to declare as a ‘gift’ for €40, which is the tax free threshold ;)

I'm happy to see that there are people here with lots of experience and knowledge of the market options. It's good to weed-out the falsifiers and the bad information. This forum is awesome!

Yup, lucky you...

Yup, exactly those ;) SVS SB-3000’s

Well with shipping and import taxes they would come in at about €1270 each if someone from the US would forward them to me, so not worth the gamble for €100 to be honest...

Of course the boxes are a bit to big and heavy to declare as a ‘gift’ for €40, which is the tax free threshold ;)
Man, thats just crazy the amount of import tax on personal goods item declared as gifts. I understand if I was shipping like 40 units to you, but on 1 or 2 items. Would it matter if I 'broke them in for ya" and declared them as used items :D

You need to consider zenmarket or a few of the other /much/ cheaper places. ZM is a flat 300jpy fee. FJ also over-charges on packages to make extra money. I can ship the same x68000 PC in the same box for $40 less on ZM than FJ...
And yeah, I forgot that now some auctions have tax, @Derick2k.
Meh. There still aren't many "deals" left to be had on YAJ when there are great forums like this around. That market is at peak saturation.
On the games literally everyone is looking for, no. But there aren't deals for them anywhere else either.

Plenty of good stuff still available that isn't Sailor Moon or Cave :P.

You need to consider zenmarket or a few of the other /much/ cheaper places. ZM is a flat 300jpy fee. FJ also over-charges on packages to make extra money. I can ship the same x68000 PC in the same box for $40 less on ZM than FJ...
And yeah, I forgot that now some auctions have tax, @Derick2k.
Meh. There still aren't many "deals" left to be had on YAJ when there are great forums like this around. That market is at peak saturation.
On the games literally everyone is looking for, no. But there aren't deals for them anywhere else either.
Plenty of good stuff still available that isn't Sailor Moon or Cave :P.
I would say yes and no, I guess it all depends on the games of course. I have been finding JP pcbs, listed by JP sellers on Ebay of all places, for less than what they are going for on YAJ listings.

Last edited:
Whoever got Donpachi got a sweet deal.

Also a Hudson shooting watch for $25 cost me around $60 total to get it to the USA using Buyee, YJA proxies aren't cheap even Zenmarket won't save you a whole lot over Buyee in some cases.

Last edited:
I just think it's bogus others are in here trying to convince an obviously uninformed user that they should 'just buy it' because it's A GREAT DEAL.
Excuse me? When did I tell anyone in this thread to ‘just buy it’? Please, show me where exactly where I wrote that.You can’t, because I didn’t.

Your YAJ justification is bullshit anyway. Not everyone not living in Japan is going to go through a proxy to acquire these boards, and after fees, tax, and shipping, YAJ doesn’t make it miraculously cheaper than what Derek is listing. In some cases it's more!

Please do your research before falsely accusing people, propagating bogus information, or wrongly price policing. We don't need that in this forum
I'm happy to see that there are people here with lots of experience and knowledge of the market options. It's good to weed-out the falsifiers and the bad information. This forum is awesome
Hehe, the market always silences the price police.

I was really contemplating owning this game again. I sold mine a few years ago to help with a cabinet purchase, and have missed it ever since. But I've got to keep my hobby funds secure for the two sweet multi's coming out soon.

Congrats to the buyer. Great game, and GREAT PRICE.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h393545263 - 66000en / $635, even at a low exchange rate of 104en to 1USD. But yes, I'm making this all up. You might not agree with me, but I'm not making this shit up.

My mistake, it didn't have artwork. I conflated it with the full kit that sold around the same time for a ridiculous $2400. You're right, though, you didn't blatantly say 'just buy it', but if your intention wasn't to convince anyone reading to buy the board because it was such a great deal, then what was it?
YJA is a completely different market..I tried YJA once, a pain to setup, all the fees associated with the proxi are ridiculous high on top of the shipping and the issues addicted with getting to the States intact.
This isn't 2005, YJA isn't some unreachable marketplace anymore, and if you think $3 is 'ridiculous high' you are in the wrong hobby. Zenmarket and SMJ are both really cheap ($3 and $4, respectively). Shipping a PCB from Japan is, at most, $40, and shipping in the states for that same PCB would be about $20. Saying YJA and the US are completely different markets isn't really valid anymore when it's so easy to buy.
Except it isn't "just $40". Everytime you buy a PCB off YAJ, expect to tack on ATLEAST $75 USD when all is said and done. Not to mention the fierce competition of 2019 YAJ. Honestly, there are better deals to be had on eBay (and forums like this one) nowadays.
Shipping to the states? Yes. Shipping to Canada? What do I know about Canada, I don't live there. I can only speak for my own personal experience so have some picture verification, attached.

First order is a couple of cheapo, puzzle game PCBs for calibrating/testing cabinet power supplies and also playing. The second was a god-damned 3DO FZ-1 with 4 controllers, a memory unit, and a few games. 10lbs of crap for about $70 shipped, received in less than a week. Try shipping the same amount within the states and see just how much it is. Not sure where you guys complaining about YJA are getting your things, but uhhh, yeah.

And some additional verification, second screenshot is from my last order with SMJ directly from TRY for a super clean Gunbird 2 board with full, original artset. Even including fees, shipping within Japan, and shipping to me, all told for $275. But yes, I'm a falsifier and full of bogus information.

Attachments

• shipping.png
    shipping.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 74
  • shipping2.png
    shipping2.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 68
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h393545263 - 66000en / $635, even at a low exchange rate of 104en to 1USD. But yes, I'm making this all up. You might not agree with me, but I'm not making this shit up.
You're trying to justify it's not worth $115 more for a board that's in the USA already, in possession from someone who is trusted in the community that's had it tested, refurbished... not to mention that it's the much much much rarer USA version. Good luck trying to find an example of a USA PCB being sold in recent times (once again red components on the board, and English ROMS). That's a very important oversight right there if you're trying to compare prices. From my understanding the USA version of DonPachi was distributed in ridiculously low amounts.

At this point, you're trying to say he's charging (give or take) $50 more than what he should.... not to mention you're quoting prices of the wrong PCB... meh.

hsElNx1.png

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h393545263 - 66000en / $635, even at a low exchange rate of 104en to 1USD. But yes, I'm making this all up. You might not agree with me, but I'm not making this shit up.
So one random example on YAJ is what you're basing your data off?
C'mon that's a pretty weak attempt to save face. Just be a man and take the "L". It's ok to admit you're wrong, or admit you're not an authority on the matter. People will respect you more for having self-awareness.

You're trying to justify it's not worth $115 more for a board that's in the USA already, in possession from someone who is trusted in the community that's had it tested, refurbished... not to mention that it's the much much much rarer USA version. Good luck trying to find an example of a USA PCB being sold in recent times (once again red components on the board, and English ROMS). That's a very important oversight right there if you're trying to compare prices. From my understanding the USA version of DonPachi was distributed in ridiculously low amounts.
At this point, you're trying to say he's charging (give or take) $50 more than what he should.... not to mention you're quoting prices of the wrong PCB... meh.
Look, Derick2k can charge whatever they want, and obviously the market bore it out. If folks want to spend more for essentially the same game, that's their business, but I still think if folks are going to start stanning in FS threads, then there's room for discussion. For the record, I don't have any ill will towards anyone in this discussion, but apparently some of y'all get heated and start throwing around accusations for no good reason.

It wasn't more than a few years ago that Donpachi US boards went for CHEAPER than their International or JP counterparts. It's all the same components, save for the filter caps and the program ROMS. I guess this perceived rarity commands some additional dosh for...reasons? I can understand the cost of the parts/labor for Ken's work, but hey, you do you. If it had the Marquee and any additional goodies, then yes, amazing deal all the way. Bare board and serviced? I'd say it's just par for the course. Not sure why this is so <controversial>

My mistake, it didn't have artwork. I conflated it with the full kit that sold around the same time for a ridiculous $2400. You're right, though, you didn't blatantly say 'just buy it', but if your intention wasn't to convince anyone reading to buy the board because it was such a great deal, then what was it?
YJA is a completely different market..I tried YJA once, a pain to setup, all the fees associated with the proxi are ridiculous high on top of the shipping and the issues addicted with getting to the States intact.
This isn't 2005, YJA isn't some unreachable marketplace anymore, and if you think $3 is 'ridiculous high' you are in the wrong hobby. Zenmarket and SMJ are both really cheap ($3 and $4, respectively). Shipping a PCB from Japan is, at most, $40, and shipping in the states for that same PCB would be about $20. Saying YJA and the US are completely different markets isn't really valid anymore when it's so easy to buy.
Except it isn't "just $40". Everytime you buy a PCB off YAJ, expect to tack on ATLEAST $75 USD when all is said and done. Not to mention the fierce competition of 2019 YAJ. Honestly, there are better deals to be had on eBay (and forums like this one) nowadays.
Shipping to the states? Yes. Shipping to Canada? What do I know about Canada, I don't live there. I can only speak for my own personal experience so have some picture verification, attached.
First order is a couple of cheapo, puzzle game PCBs for calibrating/testing cabinet power supplies and also playing. The second was a god-damned 3DO FZ-1 with 4 controllers, a memory unit, and a few games. 10lbs of crap for about $70 shipped, received in less than a week. Try shipping the same amount within the states and see just how much it is. Not sure where you guys complaining about YJA are getting your things, but uhhh, yeah.

And some additional verification, second screenshot is from my last order with SMJ directly from TRY for a super clean Gunbird 2 board with full, original artset. Even including fees, shipping within Japan, and shipping to me, all told for $275. But yes, I'm a falsifier and full of bogus information.
Shipping rates for EMS are the same across all of North America.

It's good that you got some items off YAJ for a good deal but you will almost always pay a more premium price for it compared to private deals on this forum.

Also, a record low price on one YAJ auction doesn't mean it will trend down the next time it pops up (Wouldn't that be nice...)

Djsheep explained perfectly why Dericks Donpachi WAS a great deal.

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h393545263 - 66000en / $635, even at a low exchange rate of 104en to 1USD. But yes, I'm making this all up. You might not agree with me, but I'm not making this shit up.
So one random example on YAJ is what you're basing your data off?C'mon that's a pretty weak attempt to save face. Just be a man and take the "L". It's ok to admit you're wrong, or admit you're not an authority on the matter. People will respect you more for having self-awareness.
Shipping to the states? Yes. Shipping to Canada? What do I know about Canada, I don't live there. I can only speak for my own personal experience so have some picture verification, attached.First order is a couple of cheapo, puzzle game PCBs for calibrating/testing cabinet power supplies and also playing. The second was a god-damned 3DO FZ-1 with 4 controllers, a memory unit, and a few games. 10lbs of crap for about $70 shipped, received in less than a week. Try shipping the same amount within the states and see just how much it is. Not sure where you guys complaining about YJA are getting your things, but uhhh, yeah.

Shipping rates for EMS are the same across all of North America.
It's good that you got some items off YAJ for a good deal but you will almost always pay a more premium price for it compared to private deals on this forum.

Also, a record low price on one YAJ auction doesn't mean it will trend down the next time it pops up (Wouldn't that be nice...)

Djsheep explained perfectly why Dericks Donpachi WAS a great deal.
https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=38875#p507677

Again, this isn't some record low. $600 is about the going rate for a bare Donpachi board. Again, not sure when the US board suddenly had this perceived jump in value, but if it were so rare you'd think that would've been referenced in the first post? Oh well.

Look, I get that I don't post a ton, but it doesn't mean that I haven't been lurking or around this and other communities for literal years.

Again, not sure when the US board suddenly had this perceived jump in value
Again, repaired by Ken. Dude isn't cheap, and he's super well known, so for whatever reason (like savon-pat in the P/BVM world), his work is worth more than others because reasons. That's $150 if not more right there (like I said, not a cheap dude). Putting us at... dun dun dun.... $600.

So stop beating a dead horse, dude. We get it. You don't agree it's worth 750. You don't seem to see much value in Ken's work (that's fine). It's cool. Your point's been made. So has everyone else's that's still beating the same horse. All of ya'll are being silly at this point.

The game sold. Anyone can get between 600-750 for Donpachi. We all know this now. Except that guy on the other forum who can't get 750 for his and it's been sitting for months (yet this one could... because of Ken's work.)

Again, not sure when the US board suddenly had this perceived jump in value
Again, repaired by Ken. Dude isn't cheap, and he's super well known, so for whatever reason (like savon-pat in the P/BVM world), his work is worth more than others because reasons. That's $150 if not more right there (like I said, not a cheap dude). Putting us at... dun dun dun.... $600.
So stop beating a dead horse, dude. We get it. You don't agree it's worth 750. You don't seem to see much value in Ken's work (that's fine). It's cool. Your point's been made. So has everyone else's that's still beating the same horse. Ya'll are being silly at this point.
Since we're quoting prices of things that have sold. Here you go. Sold *TODAY* for $750 USD:
SOLD: Donpachi PCB (US)
@rewrite: Fair enough; and I saw your original post @djsheep lol, but fair.

Like I said, I just think it's worth discussing and that's all. Apologies for derailing your thread, @Derick2k.

I just think it's worth discussing and that's all.
I agree with you on this, actually. It just went from a normal discussion to crazy in there somewhere. It is what it is.

Congrats on the sale, @Derick2k. And also sorry for aiding in derailing (though I think it was sold by the time I chimed in, ha).

@ookitarepanda if you want some more data (and also, thank you for sharing that spreadsheet), I also bought DDP:DOJT w/movestrip for $550 recently (sales thread on here somewhere). And a bare Uo Poko at $130 on AO from a WTB thread.

Funny how the last one that sold on KLOV went for $875 not including shipping. The PCB had some damage on the corner, and it came with Instruction cards and dip switch sheet. I think it's a Japan region board.
https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=446570

Then there's this korean version one for $750 on shmups and it still hadn't sold:
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64398

Meh, whatever. I was just annoyed by benime claiming that I was trying to cohearse people into buying this, when all I was doing was stating that it was a good deal based on what I've seen lately in the forum marketplace. Derek, I'm sorry for being dickish in your sales thread...just can't stand people trying to put words in my mouth.

Back