What's new
The version I had of Random stages crashed in 1P mode after the third match IIRC. It black screens and has to be reset by going to the test menu and returning back to game.

I can try this one as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's for a decrypted game. Mine is still running on battery.
I'm traveling now but when I get back, I'll try and play a single player game all the way through to the end.
Did you have a chance to do this? I can also test it out if someone can explain how to convert it to be darksoft ready.

Someone has them ready to go for the roll up pack?
If not I will have a look tomorrow on my PC to convert them
Where you able to get the SSF2X files converted for the rollup pack? I'm interested in trying this version on my kit.

Someone has them ready to go for the roll up pack?
If not I will have a look tomorrow on my PC to convert them
Where you able to get the SSF2X files converted for the rollup pack? I'm interested in trying this version on my kit.
never had a look to be honest....
Did @SmokeMonster include them in the latest updated pack or not? I think they are complete now with all (kwown) hacks right?

Sorry, I should've been more specific, I was talking about Yuro's ST hack posted in this thread. He had the random stage with the extra pallet swaps and easy N/O pick. but that one breaks from time to time. sometimes p2 can't continue and if p1 games over after that you get stuck at a black screen. Usually in a night of playing we have to reflash that one 4 or 5 times after it locks up

Was hoping this one would help alleviate that by just being free play and random stage without the extra pallets and N/O pick. I'd try and pack it myself if I could find some good instructions on prepping a set for the kit.

never had a look to be honest....Did @SmokeMonster include them in the latest updated pack or not? I think they are complete now with all (kwown) hacks right?
Woof, sorry, I was a little tired while responding last night.

So what's happening is in the ssfxjdi Random Stage (hack) v2 that's already in the hacks rollup, the game crashes fairly often in 2p mode. Eventually player 2's side loses the ability to to join back into the game and it doesn't come back. If player one completes the game or game over's after this, the game will get stuck at a black screen after entering initials and the only way to recover is to reflash the game.

I'm hoping to either find instructions on converting Yuro's mod to my kit or have someone convert it for me so I can give it a shot and see if it doesn't have a similar issue to the one already in the rollup pack.

Sorry for being a pest, I just figured I should better explain the situation after the mess of my last post.

No worries man, way above my skill level from the sound of it ;)

perhaps some other folks can test it to see if it is reproducable on their kit?

I managed to finagle my way through a hex editor. Got Free Play and Random Stages working ON REAL HARDWARE.

Try for yourself below. I've only included Roms 3 and 4 as they're the only ones modified.
This works well for me in 2 player but the single player game has a few issues.

In single player the first character fought against seems to be random but all of the subsequent opponents are Ryu. Also when you lose a match the game drops to black and requires a reset.

Hi! :)

I just did a freeplay Hack ROM test on an SSF2X Phoenix Edition.

Everything work fine yesterday ?(

Today the Demo mode crashes after 2 cycles ||

20210929_175133.jpg

I just burned a Hack Eprom 04.

I did the same test on an SSF2X with an Infinity Key & an SSF2X under battery X/

The Hack Freeplay does not work & the game at startup remains black screen 8|

Where can I find the Freeplay 04 Hack Rom for Battery & Infinity Key Version ?

On the other hand, if I put the Phoenix Edition version with the Hack Freeplay on a motherboard & I remove it, I replace it with an infinity key or Battery version that keeps the freeplay of the game and without crashes.

Just a small observation, the words Freeplay at the top side 2P flashes in English then in Kenji character for a while then completely changes to English.
I find it a shame that it does not stay in Kenji character, I find it too stylish :love:

View: https://youtu.be/kI7RSKqQ0H0

View: https://youtu.be/QAWTmJ9e290

Thank you .

It's normal.

I guess they made it for trade shows? Free play would have never been used in arcades.

I played around little and made some encrypted hacks aswell...

Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge (Japan).

Free Play. For the "regular" version of the game.

Rom: sfxj.04a
Offset: $4EC18 = d24c

---------------------------------

Progear No Arashi (Japan 010117)

Service Mode In English.

Rom: pgaj.03
Offset:
$00f98 = 88 31 82 0e 9d ad 03 32
$00ff8 = 86 28
$11e94 = 32 36

---------------------------------
Progear No Arashi (Japan 010117)

Second Loop. Without any conditions.
Lets you reach to the second loop after you have finished the first loop. No limitations on life, continues or number of players etc...

Rom: pgaj.04
Offset:
$3E68 = 3E4C

N,B, The hex values are encrypted. So works only with the Japanese region. If you need them for another region. just let me know and I will help you with that...

Found an old patch i made in october 2011, on my harddrive...

This fix a small bug in service mode. (System configuration/ "Factory Setting" and "Exit" displays wrong text when selected).

Dungeons & Dragons: Tower Of Doom (Europe 940412)

Rom: dade.05c

Offset:
$29692 = 98 4C
$2969e = 35 BB

The same bug is present in the earlier Europe set aswell. But this patch will not work on that rom, since the offsets differ.

Back