What's new

DGS

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, It Is possible to get Fantasy Zone running on 16B? Someone have tried?

It's certainly possible as it's one of the available games on the 16B multi.

Reactions: DGS
I think all pre-S16 and S16A games can be converted to 16B. At least I've seen Fantasy Zone, Dump Matsumoto, Quartet and Alex Kidd The Lost Stars running on S16B.

I think all pre-S16 and S16A games can be converted to 16B. At least I've seen Fantasy Zone, Dump Matsumoto, Quartet and Alex Kidd The Lost Stars running on S16B.

Alex Kidd has issues running on the S16B because it doesn't have the sound sample hardware of the S16A.

Alex Kidd has a 16B version.
I have it.

@KRG is it a hack or official? I only know about the hack made by a local guy.

Yes, if there is a working version of Alex Kidd for the System 16B then please dump it so we can get it added onto the System 16B Multi. Everything I read before said that the 16B hardware doesn't have the UPD7751 speech synthesizer that the 16A uses for that game.

IMHO, it would be fine to play it without the voice samples - it's mostly just Alex screaming when he dies anyway. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes, if there is a working version of Alex Kidd for the System 16B then please dump it so we can get it added onto the System 16B Multi. Everything I read before said that the 16B hardware doesn't have the UPD7751 speech synthesizer that the 16A uses for that game.

IMHO, it would be fine to play it without the voice samples - it's mostly just Alex screaming when he dies anyway. :thumbsup:
It's worth playing with no samples? If yes, and the above is request is NO, i'll put it on my to-do list ;)
Again, the version I've seen running had the samples.
There are plenty of technical differences between the two systems the author of the hack explained to me but I don't rember in details. Of course the sample player is different (µPD7751 vs µPD7759) but it seems a solution has been found.
And sorry I don't have the files unfortunately... I can chase the guy but he pretty much disappeared.

The System 16B version of Alex Kidd is sold in Japan, albeit in very small quantities.

Sorry, but nobody have information about my thread?

Fantasy zone was converted by M2 to run on 16B for their sega ages PS2 release. You can extract the roms from the disc and run them on pcb. Apocalypse then fixed some of the bugs and improved it for the 16b multi.
thats awesome

Back