What's new
1700525820657.png

IIRC, after the processing of SSF3 and FF roms is complete, a directory named "results" is created, and inside it are three directories: one for DS CPS2 multi, one for Mister and one for MAME (MAME HB, actually). Which one is this you are showing?

Sorry but I think that you don't understand my problem, let me try to explain better, I have the files but the files isnt labelled like the eproms are labelled in a real cps2.
I have to use 4 27C322, they are used to be placed from slot 11 to 20, but i dont know exactly their positions, the same goes to the other eproms i have the files but dont know their position on the board.

I got your problem, however since I use FFight AE with DS multi, I have not faced your specific problem. I'd suggest this: check this thread: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/got-my-first-cps2-boards.9749/ and notice the pictures of the boards posted and the names of the roms contained on their zip files. Maybe that gives an idea. Another idea would be: since the @Darksoft multi rom works correctly (AFAIK), then maybe based on the way the rom is constructed, he can help you determine which rome goes where. And the jumper settings for FFAE. Good luck!

You need to pack the files as they are in the format of the multi. Just take any game that you have running right now and check how romfiles are constructed. This has been explained several times. Please check here:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/cps2-multi-romset-generator.9425/post-208804
Hi DS, thanks for the information, however @GarouSP has the opposite issue: we do know how the rom for the multi is assembled (we already have it working), however he wants to create a dedicated board for FFAE, but we do not know how the roms should be burned to do that. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Well, if I'm not mistaken they are offered in normal eprom format for patrons. Isnt that the case?

Last edited:
Depending on the game, I think you have to adjust the jumpers for the Graphics eproms. I tried to convert it in Mame and this is the eprom locations I used:

QSound Program (1 & 2)
"sz3.01"
"sz3.02"

M68000 Code (3 & 4)
"ff-23m.8h"
"ff-22m.7h"

QSound Samples (11 & 12)
"sz3.11m"
"sz3.12m"

GFX (13, 15 / 17, 19)
"ff-5m.7a"
"ff-7m.9a"
"ff-1m.3a"
"ff-3m.5a"

For the record if someone tries to do this on a mac, it won’t work. I tried on two different macs ending up with just a blank screen. Got it all fixed now with a PC. I had to have this version now when my 3-player Capcom Q-cab was done!

Hello,
I'm converting a cps2 and I have some very strange sounds that are totally different from the original.
I'm using:
sz3.01, sz3.02 and sz3.11
Is there a sz3.12?
In any case, can someone send me the files of these roms, to compare and see what I have wrong?
Thanks!

Back