What's new

Beatrush

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently bought a Final Fight board from a local custom arcade cabinet shop in my city. When I bought it from their online store, it didnt mention there was a problem with the board so when I received it, I was pretty annoyed to see it had a tag that said "no picture".

I booted the board up using my small cab and all that shows up is a yellow screen. There is no sound as well coming from the board.

To make sure it wasnt the jamma extension cable or the small cab, I tested them on a few different boards and there was no issues

I'm still relatively new to arcade board collecting so I was wondering based on the board and the screen, is this something fixable or should I demand my money back from the shop?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lrkx6kij8lr2uj/Photo 2019-03-22, 11 18 53 PM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c2p97oxvo6g6590/Photo 2019-03-22, 11 19 04 PM.jpg?dl=0

If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

The fact that the fault was undisclosed is very misleading. I'd be contacting them for a refund ASAP.

I will put my money on a defective A board, return it while you can!

Try reseating everything. As in, A board to B board, B board to C board, and all socketed chips. Then check +5V. CPS1 is picky with 5 volts.

Other than that, check the customs and other surface mount chips. Gently apply pressure on the accessible ones and see if anything changes on screen. If so, could be a loose solder joint.

Hi,

The fact that the fault was undisclosed is very misleading. I'd be contacting them for a refund ASAP.
I contacted the seller to see what we can do. I buy from these guys frequently so this is the first time I had a bad experience with them.

Try reseating everything. As in, A board to B board, B board to C board, and all socketed chips. Then check +5V. CPS1 is picky with 5 volts.

Other than that, check the customs and other surface mount chips. Gently apply pressure on the accessible ones and see if anything changes on screen. If so, could be a loose solder joint
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try this weekend and see what happens.

Other than that, check the customs and other surface mount chips. Gently apply pressure on the accessible ones and see if anything changes on screen. If so, could be a loose solder joint.
Tried reseatting everything and no dice. Also pressed down on the chips and nothing as well.

I emailed the company to request a refund.

If I am stuck with the board, would it be possible to move the B and C boards to another A board? Im looking into picking up Area 88 or US Navy and was wondering if I could move the final fight B+C board onto their A board.

Yes as long as they're both working you can do that, A boards are universal except for later games needing 12mhz

Back