What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
FywqhwsXsAAYqRb.jpg

Available for pre-order now: https://shop.bitmapbureau.com/collections/neo-geo

Hopefully they'll release a ROM in due time for flash cart owners!

Will the rom be loadable on a flash cart? Game seems like it’s way larger in size than Xeno Crisis.

If I had more money to throw around I would go all in on an MVS complete edition, massive fan of Bitmap Bureau. Xeno Crisis was an absolutely stellar game.

I wish to see some footage of the neo geo version before pre-ordering. It's enough money.

I wish to see some footage of the neo geo version before pre-ordering. It's enough money.
I think that's fair. Can't assume it will be the same as the modern release, as some seem to be doing.

Will the rom be loadable on a flash cart? Game seems like it’s way larger in size than Xeno Crisis.

If I had more money to throw around I would go all in on an MVS complete edition, massive fan of Bitmap Bureau. Xeno Crisis was an absolutely stellar game.
Xeno Crisis is stellar indeed, but the NeoGeo version lacks support for dual stick controls. I see no point ever playing it.

Remains to be seen, what Final Vendetta looks like on NeoGeo and if it runs without additional chips in the cart.

Yeah, the Neo version has problems. I bought the Genesis version shortly after it came out and had an absolute blast. Even with the fewer frames of animation it seems like the definitive way to play it, particularly with a SNES-style controller:

1705733250552.jpeg

Xeno Crisis is stellar indeed, but the NeoGeo version lacks support for dual stick controls. I see no point ever playing it.
How about Shock Troopers? Any reason to play that one? Because it has the same control scheme, but XC has a few extra QoL niceties.
IMO Xeno Crisis on Neo Geo plays excellent. Plus out of all the versions it’s got more Voice Overs and cutscene animations.

Shock Troopers is among the best games on NeoGeo. Xeno Crisis isn't bad either, but since it's a port, it's natural to compare to the original. And the comparison just isn't very flattering, for many reasons.

Anyway, apologies for thread hijacking. I hope Final Vendetta on NeoGeo turns out great, and I'm particularly interested if the cart will have additional chips or not - meaning, if a ROM release will be possible or not. I don't buy carts if I can avoid it, but this one might turn out a must-buy.

A rom release for FV will not happen. BB had already stated this in X some time ago I believe.

Im looking forward to a gameplay or trailer for the Neo, its a bit strange that they announced dates for Q1 and still nothing has been seen...

A rom release for FV will not happen. BB had already stated this in X some time ago I believe.

Im looking forward to a gameplay or trailer for the Neo, its a bit strange that they announced dates for Q1 and still nothing has been seen...
From what I saw, they won't do the ROM initially (to help sales of the real cart). They may do a ROM later.

Back