What's new
You bought these from KC the dude from California? That dudes wherehouse is nuts I need to make another trip.

Noooooo.. don't show me anymore Vewlix pr0n cause it makes me want one as well.

Congrats on the awesome score!

You bought these from KC the dude from California? That dudes wherehouse is nuts I need to make another trip.
I was just there before i left and he had a bunch of things in his new warehouse, its insane. The price he quoted me were:

5 Lindberg machines ($800 each)
5 Vewlix AMI L machines ($1600 each)
3 Vewlix FC machines ($2300 each)
2 Blast City ($400 each)

and he said he has 3 Vewlix Diamonds coming in very soon. It probably helped that i spoke cantonese, since he's a native speaker (though i think he's from cambodia, but he's chinese) he was pretty friendly and i needed a few parts for my vewlix and he was happy to give me spare parts lying around (got a free a JVS board and some plastic parts as spares for my CP that he had lying around)

If you can get pass the language barrier, you'll find his prices aren't just fair, but he's likely the one of only 2 people who have these cabs (i think ken might be another but i haven't seen him in years so not sure what his current stock is)

tldr; cool dood, good prices, everyone should buy a vewlix =)

5 Lindberg machines ($800 each)
5 Vewlix AMI L machines ($1600 each)
3 Vewlix FC machines ($2300 each)
2 Blast City ($400 each)
jesus.... if/when he gets an east-coast warehouse I'm headed for financial ruin.

Oooooh that Blue AMI Vewlix would look so cool tate'd and next to the red C. :D

Not gonna lie, haha it took a lot of willpower to not buy 2 lindbergh machines. he was going to throw in the virtua fighter 5 if i bought 2 of the machines, the wife had to drag me out by my ear...

"3 Vewlix Diamonds coming in very soon" not now that I am about to finish paying my mortgage off..NOOOOOOOO

Nice ill probably visit in June. Does the FC and the diamond have the same monitor? I have an AMI but its not the best monitor for fighters :/

Hey TS, here is a link to a better pic, you should be able to read everything on the board. Let me know if you need any other pics of it.
wow... does that connect to the Game board via the Ethernet port?

wow... does that connect to the Game board via the Ethernet port?
Yup, there is apparently a PCI-E card that is used on the X2s with a corresponding Ethernet type port to hook up to this board and all controls are routed through there, apparently JVS is too slow and/or certain games require the fast io setups to work. Apparently SF ultra is one of those.

Yup, there is apparently a PCI-E card that is used on the X2s with a corresponding Ethernet type port to hook up to this board and all controls are routed through there, apparently JVS is too slow and/or certain games require the fast io setups to work. Apparently SF ultra is one of those.
This is the first time I've laid eyes on one, I'd be curious to find out more about the spec. According to the Open JVS project the JVS protocol uses a variation of the Serial RS-485 Protocol. and "Messages are sent one byte at a time at 115200 baud, as one start bit (space), 8 data bits and finally a stop bit (mark)." to be fair as far as old serial protocols go 115200 is about as high as they were specced to go.

That basically means that the speed will increase/decrease with the size of the data being transmitted.
If we look at a JVS I/O type 1, it's got 8 analog inputs (8 bytes), 32 digital inputs (4 bytes), and 6 outputs (~1 byte). Including a response (and assuming my math is correct this early in the morning) you're looking at about 12ms time to send a data packet. That's assuming you're sending all the data all the time. looking at the protocol it seems that games SHOULD have the ability to only request say just the digital inputs, which would cut the time down to less than half. Similarly, if you daisy chained 2 JVS boards you'd be doubling the time it takes to poll every input. Whether or not any particular arcade console gives the games that level of control over input polling... I don't know.

I can see why they might be interested in reducing input lag, especially for newer LCD based games where they're trying to make up for lag added to the display end.

So.....today i got a few packages from Uncle Derick/ Derickclaus today. :D 8o =O :thumbup:
I'm pretty besides myself.

throw him some extra likes. Seriously, the fourm members here are the nicest people on the internet since dial-up. 8)
vmgB0qX.jpg

Hi I am new to the community. I am interested in purchasing a vewlix cab and I was wondering who is KC.

Back