What's new
Yup, thats how my wife was and still is mostly, until, she mentioned about me getting rid of 1 or 2 of my cabs to make room for something. All I replied was the 2nd Fl of the house is yours, the 1st Fl is mine :D

A week later we had all new furniture upstairs and a request for 2 bathroom renovations :(

Guess what:

IMG_4071.JPG

Renovations are underway

IMG_4127.JPG

and the house looks like a scene from Breaking Bad

Happy wife, happy me. I get what I want, she gets mostly what she wants :D

My gf is pretty understanding. I have multiple machines and projects going and she has never argued with me about any of them, she's usually really supporting and gets pretty happy whenever I get something new. I have heard many many times that the person's significant other gets upset over some hobby, project, or spending money on something.
To be fair my wife doesn't give a shit, I think as long as I don't start moving machines into the kitchen or the bedroom or something like that she will likely continue to not give a shit about how many machines I have or how much money I spend on them.

We keep our finances separate, I'd say that 90% of my co-workers are on their 2nd or 3rd marriages and having had the opportunity to listen to them all complain on end about their former and current spouses I came to the conclusion that most marital problems boiled down to either sex or money... with one or both people feeling the other was holding them hostage in that reguard. Even the people who were happy were constantly talking about "getting permission" to buy frigging $50 or $100 items, which to my mind is ludicrous.

So my wife and i have a joint account that we use to pay bills and we both have our own spending accounts and separate savings accounts. I am free to spend as much or as little money on Arcade stuff, and car parts, and other things without asking permission, my wife is free to buy her self spa days, or hiking gear, or plane tickets to visit her sister. It's her money she can do whatever the hell she wants with it.

When it comes to home improvements or vacations or whatever we split the cost. Sometimes if it's something just she wants (like renovating the spare room) she'll pay for it herself, or if it's something just I want (like expanding the finished basement to make room for more machines) I'll pay for it myself.

She was apprehensive about this when we first got married but I was adamant and we're both happier for it. It works well, I highly recommend it.

I very much enjoy being married, for those of you not yet married I have one piece of advice. lots of seemingly "trivial" decisions you make at the beginning of the relationship you'll be stuck with. When you pick the side of the bed you sleep on... that decision is for life.

So my wife and i have a joint account that we use to pay bills and we both have our own spending accounts and separate savings accounts.
Key to a successful marriage. :D Reason why I get the goodies I want.
I very much enjoy being married, for those of you not yet married I have one piece of advice. lots of seemingly "trivial" decisions you make at the beginning of the relationship you'll be stuck with. When you pick the side of the bed you sleep on... that decision is for life.
Marriage Creed right there folks, this is of the utmost importance. You have to pick your stuff out early.

My gf is pretty understanding. I have multiple machines and projects going and she has never argued with me about any of them, she's usually really supporting and gets pretty happy whenever I get something new. I have heard many many times that the person's significant other gets upset over some hobby, project, or spending money on something. I finally talked to her about it a couple weeks back and asked if she ever does get uneasy or upset with me buying boards, PCBs, cabinets, car stuff, etc. She just said that she knows that's what makes me happy and she would never want to stand in the way of that. Also, that seeing me happy makes her happy. Hopefully, she keeps this attitude in the future lol.
That's gold man. Hopefully stays that way too haha.

We keep our finances separate, I'd say that 90% of my co-workers are on their 2nd or 3rd marriages and having had the opportunity to listen to them all complain on end about their former and current spouses I came to the conclusion that most marital problems boiled down to either sex or money... with one or both people feeling the other was holding them hostage in that reguard. Even the people who were happy were constantly talking about "getting permission" to buy frigging $50 or $100 items, which to my mind is ludicrous.

So my wife and i have a joint account that we use to pay bills and we both have our own spending accounts and separate savings accounts. I am free to spend as much or as little money on Arcade stuff, and car parts, and other things without asking permission, my wife is free to buy her self spa days, or hiking gear, or plane tickets to visit her sister. It's her money she can do whatever the hell she wants with it.

When it comes to home improvements or vacations or whatever we split the cost. Sometimes if it's something just she wants (like renovating the spare room) she'll pay for it herself, or if it's something just I want (like expanding the finished basement to make room for more machines) I'll pay for it myself.

She was apprehensive about this when we first got married but I was adamant and we're both happier for it. It works well, I highly recommend it.

This too! I went through a lot of failed crap prior to having this sort of mindset and it DEFINITELY works.

Last edited:
My gf is pretty understanding. I have multiple machines and projects going and she has never argued with me about any of them, she's usually really supporting and gets pretty happy whenever I get something new. I have heard many many times that the person's significant other gets upset over some hobby, project, or spending money on something.
To be fair my wife doesn't give a shit, I think as long as I don't start moving machines into the kitchen or the bedroom or something like that she will likely continue to not give a shit about how many machines I have or how much money I spend on them.

1000% agreed, my marriage is like this too and I couldn't be happier. All this "my wife won't let me buy this bluray" crap just makes me queezy as fuck..

Just don't fuck this things up financially for either one of you and you are all set. (as in don't go on a shopping spree that results in not being able to pay the bills on time).

Also, never comment on her buying anything hehe

Arcade manly men can be emotional creatures and talk about their feelings too. I think my hippy friends call them "man meetings"
VK9CfqU.gif

If your fighting over who has or gives permission to spend money on a none life essential items(cost is relative) . the argument or issue is not really about a $20 bluray. wouldn't it be more about a power dynamic, individual freedom to make choices, and the lack of control over the choices of another? or Projected expectations, communicated or not.

Being Independent enough to make your own financial choices has to be a big part of someones individual identity. If someone tells you, your not responsible enough to handle a $20 perches and since your so incapable, those decisions must be made for you. What would that do to someones self worth? or their ability to deal with problems or make decisions that are larger and more serious than a 20$ bluray perches.

on the flip side if your spending $300 a month at the comic store (that's $3,600 a year) and your girlfriend can't afford child care for the kid the two of you got. then what do you think that dose to her self worth and individual opportunity.

If your GF or wife discredits your interest "your a dumb man boy for liking video games. i think less of you becasue of your interests" that says more about her than it dose of you.

If you tell your GF or wife that something she finds enjoyment in is "stupid". well, your just an ass h*le bully.

- just some examples of many observations I've had in the desire,regret, and entitlement heavy world of comics.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lets also not forget: wealth = independent opportunity

we can also take a step back a acknowledge how much of a privilege it is to have the opportunity to buy arcade cabs, PCBs, and or fill a wall full of retro games. For some spending money like this is a non issue becasue wealth allows for the expenditure to be a non issue. For other, its not something someone can't buy without it affecting their responsibilities and cause issue.

Lack of independent opportunity. not rarity(btw).... is the reason youtube collectors post freak out videos getting mad over how expensive the games they want are now. wile standing in front of a giant wall of games. Their window of opportunity to be entitled to one of every game is at an end and something or someone is easier to blame than to reflect and acknowledge ones own current disposition.

Last edited:
Let's just be happy for the man with the new cabs and leave those other subjects where they should be.. out and away from our hobbies:)

LOL I was thinking man what a departure from the original topic

@Derick2k I've got a request that I hope you can fill. Is it possible that you can take off the front doors (hardware door and coin door) and the rear doors (for where the hardware goes and behind the monitor) and take some good pics of all the insides? Just to see what all is included in these cabinets on the inside. Thanks in advance.

I feel the early symptoms of Viewlix fever striking me...but I can't get it right now - I'm broke!
I've taken the liberty of updating the Vewlix flyer based on my personal experience...
money-pit-2.jpg
Hey, at least the Vewlix cabs are somewhat affordable now days. When the C and the F came out they were anywhere from 10k - 12k a cabinet. I think the L was 5k - 7k.

@Derick2k I've got a request that I hope you can fill. Is it possible that you can take off the front doors (hardware door and coin door) and the rear doors (for where the hardware goes and behind the monitor) and take some good pics of all the insides? Just to see what all is included in these cabinets on the inside. Thanks in advance.
Sure thing, I will try to take some pics tonight.

Sure thing, I will try to take some pics tonight.
Thanks bud, look forward to them!

Here are some reference pics from my L cabinet that I used to put everything back together after cleaning:

Looking in from the front-left, main door:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_1029.JPG

Looking in from the front-right, main door:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_1030.JPG

Looking down from the control cable pass-thru:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_1031.JPG

Looking in from the middle back-left, notice the coin mech in the distance on the left:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_1032.JPG

Looking in from the upper back-left, notice the back of the service board:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_1033.JPG

Looking in from the lower back-left:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_1034.JPG

Looking in from the back-right:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8998202/Vewlix/IMG_1035.JPG

Good pics, you are just missing the other PSU boards and that should be all that is in there.

Nope, the C uses model number TA32H07.
Diamond uses P32L050 or P32L150.

The L and the L AMI use the same TY320CPG-3.
My Vewlix monitor P32L050 show the sign “FAN STOP” and turn off signal.
What’s wrong with my monitor?

Back