What's new
For Sale
Thanks @Nomax
Hopefully will get mine soon :)

Is there a technical (support) thread for these board or is it OK to ask question here in this topic?

Thanks @Nomax
Hopefully will get mine soon :)

Is there a technical (support) thread for these board or is it OK to ask question here in this topic?
Your unit will be sent tomorrow. It's priority shipping, so you'll get it fast.

You will find lots of info on the official website: https://toyoshim.github.io/iona-us/en

Of course, we provide support in this thread too, so please, feel free to post your questions here. ;)

I have been meaning to test this on naomi2 for Beach Spikers (use MP07 IO as P3/4). It didn't work on the tucson logic IO but I'm hopeful here.
It could work, as the MP07-IONA-US identifies itself as a Sega I/O board.

Does it work with Taito Type X³?
If you're speaking about original Type X³ games: No, because they require a Fast I/O board for controls.

If you're speaking about the Type X³ multi-game HDD: Yes, because it supports JVS I/O for all games.

If you're speaking about original Type X³ games: No, because they require a Fast I/O board for controls.

If you're speaking about the Type X³ multi-game HDD: Yes, because it supports JVS I/O for all games.
Thank you! That answered exactly what I was wondering.

Hope someone can help me getting a Xbox360 controller working on the IONA with a Sega Naomi system.

Tested it with a Hori RAP3 stick and it works flawlessly, but the wireless Xbox360 controller just keeps flashing the light both with the play&charge cable and a wireless receiver.

Also I noticed when I plug in the Xbox controller the Hori stick stops working….
Could it be the Xbox controller is drawing too much current for the IONA? Or is the controller just not compatible or needs some tricks to get working?

Hope someone can help me getting a Xbox360 controller working on the IONA with a Sega Naomi system.

Tested it with a Hori RAP3 stick and it works flawlessly, but the wireless Xbox360 controller just keeps flashing the light both with the play&charge cable and a wireless receiver.

Also I noticed when I plug in the Xbox controller the Hori stick stops working….
Could it be the Xbox controller is drawing too much current for the IONA? Or is the controller just not compatible or needs some tricks to get working?
Same continuous flashing lights with PS3 and Wii U Pro controller as well, so out of 4 controllers only the Hori RAP3 works.

How are you powering the device @PascalP — have you also tried a different USB-C cable?

I strongly recommend a PSU like a raspberry Pi style supply for the IO itself if your controllers contain batteries.

It’s worth trying different things, “just in case” :). I’ll try get time to set mine up this weekend and report back.

Cool thanks, will see if I get to it today as well and use a OEM Raspberry Pi 4 PSU as well.

So far we have tried these controllers:
- 2 different Xbox360 controllers, with wirelesse dongle and with play n charge cable
- Wii U Pro controller with USB Mini cable
- PS3 controller with USB mini cable

All OEM controllers, none work and all keep flashing/syncing and as soon as we plug in one of these controllers the only working controller (Hori RAP3 stick) stops working.
Tested on Naomi and on Namco System 256, all the same.

And also on their own none of these controllers work, so not just when I plug them in together with the RAP3

OK, tested out some other stuff, tried different cables for all connections, tried a genuine Raspberry Pi4 USB-C PSU adapter, no change.
Just the Hori RAP3 works and the PS3, Wii U and Xbox360 keep flashing the sync lights and lock up the RAP3 as soon as I plug them in.

Additionally I tested a Switch Pro and PS4 controller and those keep flashing the sync lights as well and don't work, only difference is they do not lock up the RAP3 and that keeps working when I plug the controllers in.

So I'm stuck, confused, and thinking about throwing the IONA in the bin :P

We are on 1.42d, I see they're on 1.44 in the meantime. But still, yeah fairly recent fw.
yeah ok, we where on the most recent FW when we flashed both our units 2 weeks ago :P
But also with 1.42d the Switch, Xbox, PS3/4 controller should already be working...

Yes, we still have stock. ;)
Ok great :). Can you drop me a note (not sure if there is a PN function we could use) with payment adress (PayPal) and the total incl shipping to Germany pls

Back