What's new
For Sale
Well, if code was altered to work with the pcb and missing the keycus, that would be important. I have never seen, other than a conversion, a Nebulasray with that small sub board. Would like to see a pic of yours if you get around to it. I have a conversion, and it looks identical to the OP's. Either way, a great game nonetheless.

The small board looks original imo, but I may be wrong. Would be interested to see the one, too. Then it could by kind of desucided or so? I am not so into Namco I must admit.

It's a conversion from Super World Stadium:

super_world_stadium.jpg

Interesting, thank you guy for all your input.

According to MAME sourcecode (https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/namco/namconb1.cpp)
the main board number for Nebulas Ray is: Namco main PCB: NB-1 8634961101, (8634963101)
this is the number on my board while on Nem's board there is 8634961200 and Main(B) printed, also there are 3 wires in the upper left edge, but maybe the smaller board is from a SuperWS board as Nem points out.

And I think Blio Seri's say could be very near the truth at all, it may have been a Keycus issue which led to new roms.

Whatever it is, a Keycus issue demanding new eproms or a conversion, I will keep the board for now and maybe forever because to me it is one of the better shooters of the era and one of the best of Namco I think.

Thanks again.

Back