What's new
Interesting, I've been working on the RS422/232 version of the Sega servo motor board, and the data is the same - just different protocol.

Basically seems these boards need the following:-

SUD_FFB_RESET - Reset point, from here you'll see if the board is hooked you either get an ACK or not
SUD_FFB_INIT - Setups some parameters, then it will spam the poll command (0xFD,0x00,0x00,0x7D) until ACK is 0x00 (this is what I call the warm-up servo process, even Afterburner Climax motion does this on boot)

SUD_FFB_ROLLLEFT - Rolls the wheel left (it's a FULL process, does not need to be Poll'd)
SUD_FFB_ROLLRIGHT - Rolls the wheel right (it's a FULL process, does not need to be Poll'd)

SUD_FFB_INIT_CENTRE - Centre point is found by slowly moving the wheel back from the right until as close to centre (0x7f/80) can be reached, this is read from either the JVS analogue [0] so you need to poll JVS at the same time as this has no concept of game position.

SUD_FFB_INIT_PACKAGE - Used by Grid only?
SUD_FFB_SEND_PACKAGE - Used by Grid only?
given this is the case is it possible to connect the lindbergh to the chihiro/naomi (sega not namco) force feedback board? if so what kind of converter would need to be made?

Hi,
Does a scheme and hex available somewhere to build this adapter?

Thanks

Nothing is available at this time. I don't even have the breadboard set up anymore, so when I eventually get back to it, I'll have to figure a lot of stuff out again. That's why I try to document progress in threads.

it would be great if we could maybe tie into FFB Arcade Plugin to hook real arcade cab hardware to PC(s) games.

I can shipping to worldwide.

Thanks for the uptobox server problem information. I can put program on another website.

For the moment, you can put a computer in a midi cab but i'm allready work on Lindbergh in midi cab.

@winteriscoming @Aganyte is there exists a short TLDR documentation of Sega MIDI FFB protocol ?

did a quick stab on it and checked few Naomi game's code a bit, and as I see it sending 4-byte packets to MIDI, in reversed byte order (bad Sega lol!). so 1st byte actually is XOR-sum byte with most significant bit set (which probably "packet start" flag), while actual command is a last byte, and this may/will confuse people a lot :)

@winteriscoming @Aganyte is there exists a short TLDR documentation of Sega MIDI FFB protocol ?

did a quick stab on it and checked few Naomi game's code a bit, and as I see it sending 4-byte packets to MIDI, in reversed byte order (bad Sega lol!). so 1st byte actually is XOR-sum byte with most significant bit set (which probably "packet start" flag), while actual command is a last byte, and this may/will confuse people a lot :)
I never found any documentation. Everything I know is posted in this thread.

Back