What's new
For Sale
PCB's came in today. They are all packed up and ready to ship. If I can get to the PO tomorrow, they'll go out this weekend. If not, I'll get them out on Monday.

Thanks all!

RUXzaYa_d.jpg

USPS not fucking around. Board is in my hands in Boston already! Thanks @acblunden2 and @Frank_fjs. I feel behind now, haven’t even ordered parts yet. Tonight...

got mine today. already cleaned up the spikey edges. thanks for this group buy

My parts from Digikey are arriving this week. Dont know what I will be doing for the mini DIN 8 connection yet though.

Dont know what I will be doing for the mini DIN 8 connection yet though.
What's the consideration? Why not just use one of the ones frank listed in the bom?

Last edited:
I've listed a few actually.

Those PCBs look nice. Can't wait to see a photo of a finished unit.

Re mini DIN 8, this a a new product, good budget friendly option:

2057-MDJ-008-FS-ND

I like these ones personally, good balance between price to quality:

CP-2280-ND

For the cable, I'm partial to RGC.

What's the consideration? Why not just use one of the ones frank listed in the bom?
I just haven't had a chance to look into it for display purposes. Bear in mind, I fall into the "I have a ton of arcade cabinets. A Supergun for the traditional purposes of playing arcade PCB's on a non-arcade display isn't a niche I occuppy" camp. I'm investing in this Supergun for solely test bench purposes. Given that, I need to connect to two types of displays:
  1. 15khz CGA arcade monitor
    • To test/troubleshoot/repair/tube swap/calibrate CRT's
  2. Display device that can accept 15khz through a DSub15 connection, or upconvert to to 31khz through DSub15
    • To test/repair PCB's
I'll probably end up using this version 1.1 of the MiniGun for the latter. Then, hope to work with Frank on a fork of the MiniGun to design something for pure test bench purposes.

Hey @Frank_fjs this reminds me, we should talk more about that test device we spoke about a couple of conversations back ;)

Back