What's new
For Sale

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
IS Nitro-Capture - DS Lite version with GCN hardware (not the older N64 internals one) - Works great $1300 $900

Will get album links up in a bit, adding things as I dig through my closet.

KV-40XBR800 - Complete with stand. Has treated me well. Like most massive CRTs it doesn't have /the best/ geometry, but it's not egregiously bad or anything. Not sure what to ask for it, but I do know it's a 4 man job to move through the front door. Can be slid around easily in the home as it has built-in furniture movers though.

Some pics of the image off of it:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Y00tX1VKbHl1aDV1dHZzc2lqRUc4QzY2RVQ0VmNR

PVM-2530 - For Trade - Good shape, nice picture.

Happy to let either monitor ship via your favorite freight shipper (STI/NAVL/whomever) so long as it's cash-equivalent payment and the insurance/risk of shipping is on the buyer. UPS/FedEx/USPS are not an option.

Last edited:
Tempting... I never worked on one, but my coworkers had them on their desks at Backbone Entertainment. I thought they looked cool. I feel like there will be interest here, but the console game forums will probably take that hardware more readily? I don't know what pricing is like on devkits, but I know it's not typical for hobbyists.

Tempting... I never worked on one, but my coworkers had them on their desks at Backbone Entertainment. I thought they looked cool. I feel like there will be interest here, but the console game forums will probably take that hardware more readily? I don't know what pricing is like on devkits, but I know it's not typical for hobbyists.
The devkits require signed carts IIRC. This will play retail games, so it's a lot nicer in that way (works with some flash-carts too). Will output to either 1 or 2 monitors, so it's basically a consolized DS with an actual DS controller. It's a neat piece of kit, but I almost never actually /use/ it, so off it goes. Last one I saw through ebay was a bit over 1500.

I know it says you'd like to trade your 2530. If you want to sell your 2530 please message me I am interested but don't have anything to trade at the moment lol :)

Threw in some pics of the XBR.

41” CRT…well if that’s not some Final Destination shit ready to happen I don’t know what is 😆

Holy smokes! I thought my old 34XBR910 was a beast at 199 lbs, but at least two people could move that. GLWTS, and tell the buyer it's 100% theirs once they try to move it!
It's got a whole 100lbs on yours, lol

41” CRT…well if that’s not some Final Destination shit ready to happen I don’t know what is 😆 Mitsubishi 42 eum Multisync.:D

Attachments

• IMG-20220429-WA0064.jpg
    IMG-20220429-WA0064.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 125
Okay, whose got a crisp 50 dollar bill for the xbr?

Or a nice switch game I don't have.

Need this thing out of my house sometime this year, lol.

Captain's Auction is starting to do retro/console games. You should find a cheap super famicom or something that has rgb out and make a set up. Someone will probably buy it for hundreds if not thousands. they're charging $20 per item + 20% of the hammer now... which is kinda a lot. but you'd still net more than $50 I bet.

I find it oddly satisfying to have a big flat tube CRT, I have a 36 incher Wega Hi-Scan I dont think I would ever sell it though unless I upgraded the model its just too cool for the sake of extravagance, a 40 must be insane not to mention its got the nicer tube that came with the XBR series, dont trash the thing what ever you do. Insert obligitory if you were closer to me here.

For anyone curious I never tried this yet but hear you can use the Retro Tink 5x as a scaler option with a previous firmware to output 540p or w/e it is so you get alot better latency and other such benfits. Couple that with a service menu edit and its very very good from the little I read about.

Their a really cool center piece CRT's imo really fun for couch multi playing too if you just must have a CRT and the sound on those Wega's is nutty blows any modern tv's factory sound out of the water. At least that I heard in the past many years.

Captain's Auction is starting to do retro/console games. You should find a cheap super famicom or something that has rgb out and make a set up. Someone will probably buy it for hundreds if not thousands. they're charging $20 per item + 20% of the hammer now... which is kinda a lot. but you'd still net more than $50 I bet.
But then I'd need to find 4 people to get it through my front door and into the car. And that just sounds.... Not fun.

I will not hold it against anyone who wants to make money off of it after taking it from me. I simply am not motivated enough for this one.

Insert obligitory if you were closer to me here.

For anyone curious I never tried this yet but hear you can use the Retro Tink 5x as a scaler option with a previous firmware to output 540p or w/e it is so you get alot better latency and other such benfits. Couple that with a service menu edit and its very very good from the little I read about.
Youre welcome to have sti ship it to you! Should cost about what a cab does to ship.

This model is not bad on latency a bit thankfully. Nothing like the wide-screen wegas or some of the other HD CRTs.

Big late era CRTs are nice and fun but I really prefer a curved tube. I have a 29" Panasonic multisync, an XM29, 2 fw900s, a 20" and a 14" pvm. I'm sure I've more to trim at some point because even that list is a lot, but this is the one that's taking up actual space.

If it's an exciting idea to anyone: this WILL FIT in a Megalo 410. Good luck rigging up some sort of method to keep it up in there without the stand, but it will physically fit and would be a crazy crazy cab to own.

Yeah I ran the thought of asking if you would ship it with STI/CRST but considering the cost as you said its, tempting though
I heard the XBR's are a bit kinder than say the Hi-Scans, something to do with the scaler chip and line count?

Currently got a PVM 20M2MDU, Toshiba 14AF, a 26 inch Panasonic Tau, and a Sony Wega 36inch Hi-Scan.

I would pop it up on FB market place publicly if you can and havent and just need it out asap, people seem to snatch up consumer tv's on there any thing else like Craigslist may work too. Price it cheap enough someone is bound to snatch it even if its a flipper or just a collector on a big budget. You will get more eyes at the very least.

Wow a 41 inch crt, never thought I would hear about one of these with my little 16 inch crt. I would but I am broke af and I already have a heavy ass tv that is the same size. For places to sell it too, try fb market place or maybe craigslist, someone might go for it.

Wow a 41 inch crt, never thought I would hear about one of these with my little 16 inch crt. I would but I am broke af and I already have a heavy ass tv that is the same size. For places to sell it too, try fb market place or maybe craigslist, someone might go for it.
I can deal with broke af if you're interested. Rather see it go to someone here than deal with cl or whatever.

I don't think I can, I just got another crt soo I don't really have any room, thakns for the offer though. :)

Back