What's new
For Sale

SnakeGrunger

Professional
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just had a small batch of Konami audio hybrids made and you can order them here : pxlmod.com

For installation services please contact Ken over at irepairsega.com

Any questions please feel free to ask !

Attachments

• DSC_9438-1.jpg
    DSC_9438-1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_9442-2.jpg
    DSC_9442-2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_9836.jpg
    DSC_9836.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
If I'd feel confident about transplanting the ASIC, I would be all over these... anyone in Europe offering this service by any chance?

@Sp33dFr34k a friend of mine in France can do a professional install for you, let me know if you would like his contact info. I'm sure there would be qualified techs in the Netherlands as well.

Little bump for these - still have some in stock as well as new old stock AD1868R DAC chips. Those tend to fail often.

Added the new 056747 module that is compatible with 054986A but much better sounding and DAC included !
Brother, I love your work, and I love the new gold color, but at twice the price, is the sound twice as nice?

Can we get some sort of audio file comparison on a game or via a video to check it out?

Brother, I love your work, and I love the new gold color, but at twice the price, is the sound twice as nice?

Can we get some sort of audio file comparison on a game or via a video to check it out?
Yeah I'll make a recording. It's twice the price because it has the DAC chip included and a very fancy op-amp. At 30$ you have to take your own DAC from the hybrid module.

Yeah I'll make a recording. It's twice the price because it has the DAC chip included and a very fancy op-amp. At 30$ you have to take your own DAC from the hybrid module.
@XtraSmiley … the custom needs also to be transplanted 054321 (you can take it from the module from the board you want to use newer sound module)

Thanks for that! OK, I’ll be honest, I can’t tell, BUT the price is only $5 different (if you add the DAC to the first order), so for $5 bucks, why the hell not!

Thanks for making these!

Thanks for that! OK, I’ll be honest, I can’t tell, BUT the price is only $5 different (if you add the DAC to the first order), so for $5 bucks, why the hell not!

Thanks for making these!
You bet! It's not a mind-blowing difference, but the general clarity and crispiness is the main driving point here ! Difference is much more discernable if you put headphones on, or have loud speakers in your cab !

If you are listening to this on your smartphone speakers, then you will not hear much if any difference.

Last edited:
Back