What's new
Today i tried World Heroes 2 Jet and it randomly reboot .
My multi mvs is on the latest firmware and menu, an i use a mv2f with stock bios

I had a chance to try Samurai Shodown 3 on a different MV1C, this time with Unibios 4.0. It crashed after about 10 minutes but spit up an error message which you can see in the attached image. Not sure if that helps track down the bug. The cart was firmly inserted and plays other games with no crashes, so it’s not a bad connection.
39E6298C-881A-42C6-B0BA-8CAD0C369EAB.jpeg

both errors show ssp=109456 (ssp is a7) which is weird since that's in RAM. Not sure if that helps @Darksoft but that's the similarity between those screenshots. Inspecting it in MAME, that address space seems to be used when sprites are in the air, maybe flight calculation or something. I thought maybe the program code in the multipack was corrupt but it checked out with mame.

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident that this is coming of the UNIBIOS that it's taking too many cycles before returning and then collapes with the routine of the cart to capture going back to the menu or changing slot. Can you try with a stock BIOS?

I'm pretty confident that this is coming of the UNIBIOS that it's taking too many cycles before returning and then collapes with the routine of the cart to capture going back to the menu or changing slot. Can you try with a stock BIOS?

It seems to be the same behavior that I had reported last year (a few posts back) on my MV1C with stock Japan BIOS, only that one doesn’t put out an error message, just crashes a few fights into the game.

Also with SS3?
Yes. The two games that I’ve found crash in a similar fashion are SS3 and World Heroes 2 on MV1C with stock Japan BIOS. I only tested SS3 on the UniBIOS console, but can check if WH2 does the same. I did test original MVS carts of those two titles and they do not crash (on the stock MV1C).

Back