What's new
sorry to hear that. Notice that this cart is several times more complex and has much more potential the neosd. Well untaonall this as usual and provide continuous support. It will only get better.

Super Dodge Ball = Black screen.

If i press the credit button, i heard a voice but nothing at screen after Neo Geo logo.
Unibios still works, the console is not freezed.

Tested on Analogue CMVS & Omega CMVS (same result on 2 consoles).

Flashed 3 times in 3 differents slot still black screen.

NVRAM also cleared. And BUFF file deleted.

I have Super Dodge Ball in original MVS card, it works perfectly with my 2 consoles.
So it's a problem with the Multi MVS Card...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Also when the problems with all games High Score will be fixed ?
Because every games have glitched high score (tested on Anlogue CMVS & Omega CMVS, it's not come from the consoles).
I have the NeoSD to compare and the high score works on their cartridge...
Same with all my original MVS games, their high score works to.
And consoles NVRAM battery are fine.
Super Dodge Ball works just fine on my 2 Slot MVS.
What is your SD card spec! Eg Sandisc 16gig class 4
Have you tried a new install ( full format ) ?

very weird. Are you sure your battery works?
Is there any way to update the firmware in such way that it does not require the battery to work? like save everything in the cart itself and restore to backup memory on start, or something?

Is there any way to update the firmware in such way that it does not require the battery to work? like save everything in the cart itself and restore to backup memory on start, or something?
Yes, we'll get to that. Especially because AES doesnt have a battery...

Super Dodge Ball works just fine on my 2 Slot MVS.What is your SD card spec! Eg Sandisc 16gig class 4
Have you tried a new install ( full format ) ?
Yes i already tried to reformat my SD Cards (Sandisk 32go and 64 go) with guiformat-x64 and still the same issue with this game.
Tried on 2 differents consolized consoles (MV1C motherboard => Analogue CMVS and Omega CMVS).

All others games boot and works, only this one i get a black screen.

No music and no sounds on Magician Lord (worked on previous update).
The game runs fine and playable but no sounds and musics at all (tested on MVS & AES Mode).
MVRAM cleaned and BUFF file deleted.
The UniBios says "Error Starting Sound" in JukeBox Player.

I retested with my original Magician Lord (version A), no issues at all and musics and sounds are presents.
Tested on NeoSd same no issues at all.
I precise all theses things to precise it not come from the consoles (CMVS Analogue & Omega tested).

For the moment i only get issues with Magician Lord and Super Dodge Ball.
All others game boot without issues (without compting High Scores).

Last edited:
No music and no sounds on Magician Lord (worked on previous update).
The game runs fine and playable but no sounds and musics at all (tested on MVS & AES Mode).
MVRAM cleaned and BUFF file deleted.
The UniBios says "Error Starting Sound" in JukeBox Player.

I retested with my original Magician Lord (version A), no issues at all and musics and sounds are presents.
Tested on NeoSd same no issues at all.
I precise all theses things to precise it not come from the consoles (CMVS Analogue & Omega tested).

For the moment i only get issues with Magician Lord and Super Dodge Ball.
All others game boot without issues (without compting High Scores).
I have the same thing, my OG cart runs fine too. Quickfix for this is booting the game in any other slot than game 1. I've tried flashing it 3 times to slot 1, no sound. Put Metal Slug in slot 1, Magician Lord in slot 2 for example and then it works fine.

I have the same thing, my OG cart runs fine too. Quickfix for this is booting the game in any other slot than game 1. I've tried flashing it 3 times to slot 1, no sound. Put Metal Slug in slot 1, Magician Lord in slot 2 for example and then it works fine.
Thanks for confirming this.
You have right to slot 2 i have sound and music for Magician Lord !

It's need to be fixed but for now, we need to use a different slot.

Best Regards.

For the record: Just tested Magician Lord and I have no issues no matter in which slot I flash it.
Same for Dodge Ball.

MV-1B with Unibios 3.0. 5V running at exactly 5V. (and 12V at 12V and Battery at 2.8 to be complete)

For the record: Just tested Magician Lord and I have no issues no matter in which slot I flash it.
Same for Dodge Ball.

MV-1B with Unibios 3.0. 5V running at exactly 5V. (and 12V at 12V and Battery at 2.8 to be complete)
Can you confirm you're using the latest menu? You can check it in the settings.

Hi there,

I have the same issue with Super Dodge Ball.
Did all the recommended steps.
I can see the MAX 330 MEGA splash screen, but then the screen stays black.
I can here sound when inserting coin, so it looks likes the game is here :)

No issue with Magician Lord in whatever slot.

MV-1FZS / Unibios 3.3. / 5V on HAS super gun / Base Pack 2018-04-02 / menu_20180401-A / SAMSUNG EVO Plus microSD

@Darksoft,

Super Dodge Ball doesn't works whatever the slot flashed i can confirm it.

I have exactly the same issues as described by Tom5151.

@tom5151 did you try in a different slot as suggested here?
I've just tried.
Same issue whatever slot with sdodgeb.

Just one thing, when removing sdodgeb from slot 2 then assigning it to slot 3, there was no sound at all when booting on maglord (slot 1).
Then I've switched to slot 3 (black screen), the I've swtiched back to maglord and the sound came back.

Same for Dodge Ball.

same as above.
Latest menu/firmware. Same rollup base pack.
Not sure of voltage ( in cab )
Unibios 2.3 ( not sure why )

same as above.Latest menu/firmware. Same rollup base pack.
Not sure of voltage ( in cab )
Unibios 2.3 ( not sure why )
That piqued my curiosity. Was wondering if hooking it up to a cab/crt would give new problems like with pulstar. I usually test with my supergun.

But: Works just the same. Even tough my New Astro City is in need of a tiny bit of assembly :D

Attachments

• IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    746.5 KB · Views: 291
Back