What's new

Barth0lin0

Professional
Reaction score
Hey!

due to the difficulty to get a Jammaizer a few months ago, i tried to find a DIY solution to get my consoles hooked up to my Sega Blast City Candy cab. I already had a GBS-control on hand so i added a Scart input and tried pluging my console to it.

I was sure this would not work. I know arcade monitor need TTL level signal to work, right ? ;)

A miracle happened , perfect Sega Genesis, perfect PS1, perfect Dreamcast 15 khz video signal. I was shocked! I can know play MUSHA on my cab! Life is good

Issue came when connecting the best console ever made : the Sega Saturn. I only get a super dark image. Sync is ok but the image is near black...i can barely see the Battle Garrega logo. :unsure:

So, is there something different with the Saturn signal ? Does the GBS-C have a built-in RGB amp ? Is my monitor so special that it can handle some non TTL spec signal....but not the Saturn ?

Every console is wired the same way: RGC RGB scart cable to GBS-Control, VGA 15 kHZ output to VGA port of the Nanao 2931.

Should i solder an external RGB amp only for the Saturn ?

thx a lot guys!

I've had some brightness issues with my GBS-C using my consolized NeoGeo MVS, its not unplayable but definitely an annoyance, trying to adjust the ADC Gain on the GBS-C didn't seem to have any effect

I've had some brightness issues with my GBS-C using my consolized NeoGeo MVS, its not unplayable but definitely an annoyance, trying to adjust the ADC Gain on the GBS-C didn't seem to have any effect
Sega saturn is totally unplayable, messing with the RGB pots on the GBS-C only darkens the picture more and more.

Note: Xbox360 (VGA cable) , nintendo Switch (HMDI to VGA 480p) and PS4 (HMDI to VGA 480P) all works on the cab too.

From what I understand, the Saturn outputs RGB naturally. Maybe something in the GBS is messing with the RGB signal? I might try building a cable that'll get RGB+G+S straight from the A/V port of the Saturn.

Here's the pinout of the Saturn A/V port.

I have my Saturn hooked up to my cab via a device called Sync Strike. Really, it just gets the RGB+G+S from the SCART and reroutes it through another output for easy hook-up. It works flawlessly for me, and I can even get the L/R audio signals from it through RCA cables too. You probably don't want another adapter device, but it'd be something to look into.

Attachments

• satpin.jpg
    satpin.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 112
Saturn's have C-sync available in addition to C-video.
However most guides will instruct you to use/connect C-video...

Notice how this pinout guide says pin #8 is connected to SCART pin #20?
This is WRONG/BULLSHIT use pin #1!
Ltd4hmKy39WisTu1ZjWiIk_Sw2Bkck8AvNwgQvirVI-KToW3TQ.png

If you are using C-video I HIGHLY suspect the GBS is not processing it correctly.
Switch over to C-sync and see if this corrects the issue.

You could also potentially use a sync stripper device like the LM1881 on the C-video before passing to GBS.
I don't know for a fact this will fix the darkness issue, but I feel its worth a shot/easy to try (and I fucking hate C-video, always use C-sync if given the option).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back