What's new
You are soldering to the leads of the original dips that are sticking through the bottom. The pcb fits snuggly around the leads so IMHO soldering should be super easy. Maybe some of the others who have installed the other remotes can chime in.

Filter dips have arrived!

IMG-20220615-WA0009.jpeg

Discuss here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/cps1-remote-dipswitch-options.21830/post-335648

I begin shipping orders with filter dips tomorrow. If you want a specific cable length message me tonight. Otherwise I will default to 20cm cable. I also have 25cm and 40cm.

If you add some more flux and just tap every joint with a hot iron those joints will look perfect. Looks like you missed second pin from right, tho. ;)

If you add some more flux and just tap every joint with a hot iron those joints will look perfect.

Thanks for the advice.

Looks like you missed second pin from right, tho. ;)

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the photo. But I checked in a test menu and all the dips work well. So honestly, I'll leave it like that. Electronics are fun, but now I really want to play :D.

Looking forward to the mono/stereo addon for playing mono games in a stereo wired cab.

I just assembled a fresh batch of spinner pcbs! Come n' get em.

Just thought I'd check back if a mono/stereo addon for playing all the mono games in a stereo wired cab is in the works yet. I realize I could otherwise wire something up.

Finally got around to installing all the addons, as well as swapped out the yellow rca jacks.

Everything’s working great so far, though I haven’t tried the spinner stuff yet. Will do so soon.
7EBE5E02-08D5-4EE8-A8A1-08D7781C7227.jpeg

C3306D80-DD3E-471B-B879-661792177B85.jpeg

AC426F9F-F834-4E3A-9832-30C8B5A3A5F3.jpeg

1820886F-DE8C-4548-B764-B7BAEB5CF827.jpeg

Now just waiting on the dual crystal and stereo boards, oh and a case.

Is this 5V cable necessary to connect, are there any games that requiry it? Thanks in advance. :)

It's required to supply power to the Neo Geo controllers you plug into the P3 & P4 daughterboard. The kick harness port alone doesn't supply a 5V voltage feed.

Neo Geo controllers don't require 5v. However some controllers with lighted buttons or people who want to use undamned adapter or similar (Saturn controllers adapters, etc) need 5v.

If you are using standard neo geo controllers you don't need 5v.

Back