What's new
I just stole a 6 pin fan cable from an old PC that was being tossed.

Sorry for the stupid cuestion but, why is so important to use encrypted ROMs?
What's the advantages?

No real advantage per se but if you are using an encrypted rom then you know 100% there are no hacks or modifications that can alter game play.

AKA "Original"

An encrypted rom also allows you to submit valid high scores for records.

I've always suspected a few minor decryption errors in some of the sets that have been released over the years.
Now rather than obsess about potential minor imperfections I can just enjoy the games, resting safe in the knowledge that this is 100% original code/functionality.

I've always suspected a few minor decryption errors in some of the sets that have been released over the years.
Now rather than obsess about potential minor imperfections I can just enjoy the games, resting safe in the knowledge that this is 100% original code/functionality.
Perfectly stated. Although there really wasn't any concrete, solid proof that something was off, by running original encrypted code you guarantee that the possibility of there being an error is 0%.

0% risk is always an optimal solution.

In addition, there still may be revisions of CPS2 games out there which haven't been dumped/discovered yet. When they are found, there will be no need to wait for a decrypted ROM to be found. You can just go and add the newly dumped game right to your multi-kit and start playing.

I just received my Darksoft Kit!!! I do have one question before I begin the install. I ordered the PAL G chip with my kit, and I received a chip with the markings "GAL16V8B 25LP H539D07" and "ED72B". Is that the PAL G chip?

Thank you.

I just received my Darksoft Kit!!! I do have one question before I begin the install. I ordered the PAL G chip with my kit, and I received a chip with the markings "GAL16V8B 25LP H539D07" and "ED72B". Is that the PAL G chip?

Thank you.
The GAL16V8B will be programmed to act as a PAL G.

I have a non-suicide version of CPS2 game, can it be used as the matrix of CPS2 multi without removing of battery? Thx.

When cycling through games on the LCD, it will show the current game playing every few seconds. Is that suppose to happen? If not, what do you think is causing this?

You have to solder. If you can't do it you can send it to me and I'll fix it for free.
Unfortunately mine came with like 8 pins bent from paradise arcade too, tried to straight them up, but a couple broke. I just emailed them, but in case they don't want to help me, would you mind receiving mine and fixing the bent pins please?

Sorry for bothering you, I hope you are still open to help users with this. Thanks!

You'll definitely be helped - but are you able to put your location in on your profile so we know where you're at :)

You bought from Paradise so I assume you're in the US but still

You have to solder. If you can't do it you can send it to me and I'll fix it for free.
Unfortunately mine came with like 8 pins bent from paradise arcade too, tried to straight them up, but a couple broke. I just emailed them, but in case they don't want to help me, would you mind receiving mine and fixing the bent pins please?
Sorry for bothering you, I hope you are still open to help users with this. Thanks!
Yup. I can help.

Back