What's new
I am looking into getting one of these.

Just a few questions.

With a suicided board will the Rom chips need to be updated to be decrypted or will the mod take care of this. If so I guess then that a battery on the board is not needed at all?

Is there anyone in Australia that offers installation of the mod?

Also any idea when Paradise will get these in again?

Thanks

Just a few questions.

With a suicided board will the Rom chips need to be updated to be decrypted or will the mod take care of this. If so I guess then that a battery on the board is not needed at all?

Thanks
1) All ROMs are removed from the board in order to install the multi, the battery is removed and never seen again

2) It's definitely something you can do yourself, if you can remove and replace ROMs, you can install the multi, if you're in South East Queensland and really want someone else to do it I'm happy to help

3) saveyourgames is the recommended seller, I purchased mine through Aldo and the service was excellent, purchase with confidence :)

Just a few questions.

Thanks
1) All ROMs are removed from the board in order to install the multi, the battery is removed and never seen again

2) It's definitely something you can do yourself, if you can remove and replace ROMs, you can install the multi, if you're in South East Queensland and really want someone else to do it I'm happy to help

3) saveyourgames is the recommended seller, I purchased mine through Aldo and the service was excellent, purchase with confidence :)
Hey man, thanks for the information.

I actually never really soldered nor have the equipment to do so, it doesnt look too difficult but, I worried about stuffing it up

I'm in Melbourne unfortunately and I'm still in need of a suicided G PAL B board and still need to organise an A board. I may have that last one sorted but finding a B board seems a little harder.

Actually, excuse my ignorance. But do I need both a suicided A board ( Is that a thing? ) and a suicided B board? Is the A board the one that needs to be GPAL or is that the B board? If someone can provide some pointers on how to identify one of the PAL G boards that would really help me out.

The whole suicide/battery/romswap/PAL thing only has to do with the B board.

Only thing you need to consider with an A board, is that it matches the region of the B board.
Easiest is to obtain 'green' (Japan) or 'blue' (US/Europe) boards.
Those are interchangable and the most common.

and if you find an older B board, it is very easy to fit a G PAL, just 1 wire needs to be soldered.

Oh thanks, so its just that wire that is soldered onto the rom chip that is different with G PAL?
Why does darksoft then say the G PAL is the best version in their PDF tutorial? Is there some notable differences to it?

The multi requires a G PAL, but like you said, it's just 1 wire if your board does have a lower rev. PAL

You can recognize a G PAL by looking at the lower right corner of the B board. There are three PAL chips there, and the upper-right PAL chip has a model number that will end with a letter. If it ends with F, a wire will need to be soldered. If it ends with G then you're good to go.

The PAL chip is socketed and a G PAL can also easily be obtained, so it's easy to swap to a G PAL if the board doesn't already have one.

As far as soldering goes, a wire also needs to be soldered if you want the board to reset automatically when changing games. Another additional wire will also need to be soldered if your B board model is a Revision 3 or 4 (not needed with a Revision 5+ board). The board Revision is printed in the middle-right of the B board - look at the last digit.
IMG_1600.PNG

IMG_1599.PNG

Last edited:
If your board doesn't have a G PAL, I'm happy to burn one for you and mail it down to you.

I have to admit I completely forgot about the reset wire. I don't have it connected up myself, I really should get around to doing that.

With any luck you'll pick up a rev 7 board with the correct PAL, if you manage that you don't need to solder anything other than a single pin into the CPS2 multi board you connect with a jumper wire to a pin on one of the connectors on the edge of the board.

If your board doesn't have a G PAL, I'm happy to burn one for you and mail it down to you.

I have to admit I completely forgot about the reset wire. I don't have it connected up myself, I really should get around to doing that.

With any luck you'll pick up a rev 7 board with the correct PAL, if you manage that you don't need to solder anything other than a single pin into the CPS2 multi board you connect with a jumper wire to a pin on one of the connectors on the edge of the board.
Hey that would be great, I appreciate the sentiment in that and will definitely take you up on it if I need it.
Now just got to find a board.

Are there any games that I would more than like get the Rev 7 board with the PAL G? If so then I can try to buy one of those instead.

Hey that would be great, I appreciate the sentiment in that and will definitely take you up on it if I need it.Now just got to find a board.

Are there any games that I would more than like get the Rev 7 board with the PAL G? If so then I can try to buy one of those instead.
Marvel vs Capcom has a G Pal, and all the jumpers are already configured suitably for the multi. Not that any of the soldering is hard, but if you want the absolute least amount of work to do, that's a board you should look out for. Only thing I don't recall is if it has a pin ready for the reset wire -- if that was the case you could use a dupont wire from that pin, and you'd literally only have one solder joint to make (that wire to the multi) but it's technically optional.

Marvel vs SF (this was my donor game), Marvel vs Capcom, Vampire Saviour 1 and 2 (but not Darkstalkers weirdly), 1944, Super Gem Fighter, Progear, SF2 Hyper Anniversary, Progear, Dimahoo, Mars Matrix, Gigawing and SF Zero 3 use the G PAL out of the box

Some of these games are harder to find than others (if you found an original Dimahoo, Progear, Mars Matrix or Hyper Anniversary you'd be mad to turn it into a multi for the price they sell for)

I'd say your best shot at getting a rev 7 boardset with a G PAL is a Marvel vs game. I've had 3 MvC and 2 MvSF sets at one point or another and all but 1 were rev 7

I can get a copy of SF Zero 3 only thing is it is still a battery board so dont know how I feel about suiciding it.... :/

I don't like suiciding boards that are still on battery. But I will say I'm more ok with it now the decrypted non Phoenix branded sets exist and that boards can now be revived on battery if desired.

I do understand the argument people have where it's better to buy a battery board and suicide it because you know it's working and there's no faults with the board itself.

I personally wouldn't suicide a board and as a collector I dislike it, but you can make up your own mind

Could you buy the battery board and swap it for a suicided one?

Yes I could do that providing I can get a suicided one easily enough and be able to work out a deal with the other person or even if someone has one for sale too, then that saves me having to source a suicided board.
I was looking at the cab I'll be getting , New Astro City, cant wait to be rolling with this setup,

Last edited:
Back