What's new
they are worth the price, sure you won't regret it and never look back to the China carts ;)
Speaking of good carts vs cr*ppy China carts... does games on DS pass the Unibios CRC check?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

The only romset that is modified/decrypted (at the moment) is MSLUGX, the other games are pure unmodified repacked romsets.

I'm not really sure what UNIBIOS check returns, DS Multi covered all the extra UNIBIOS functionality I needed (so I was finally able to get rid of it).

The only romset that is modified/decrypted (at the moment) is MSLUGX, the other games are pure unmodified repacked romsets.

I'm not really sure what UNIBIOS check returns, DS Multi covered all the extra UNIBIOS functionality I needed (so I was finally able to get rid of it).
Yes, but I think it's an interesting thing to know.
I mean, in order to have a MVS point of view of the correctness of presented data.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

I just bought a neo geo consolized and so want one of these. Looks much better then neosd, but the price on either flash cart is what's making me have second thoughts. Might just stay on my multi game cart from china. Don't know what to do yet?
Both are definitely way better than the china multicarts. Which of the two you choose is a matter of preferences. If you want it for home use only on a consolized MVS then Darksofts offering is probably the better choice.

as @deibit stated all games pass the crc check except metal slug X.
@deibit stated that DS uses unmodified repacked romsets, not that the games pass the CRC check.
Anyway, good to know they pass the check... ehm... I mean, you are saying they pass the check right?

Thank you
Best regards

Locutus73

Yes, but I think it's an interesting thing to know.I mean, in order to have a MVS point of view of the correctness of presented data.
Well, you are asuming that UNIBIOS says the truth.. UNIBIOS CRC database was not always right in the past ;)

You know the truth, when you use unmodified MAME romsets that can be CRC checked against MAME... and here we should be safe since we are using unmodified repacked sets (excluding the decrypted MSLUGX)

@edit: As mentioned by DS, it seems that UNIBIOS seems to have the same opinion as MAME (at least in the current version) :D

I just bought a neo geo consolized and so want one of these. Looks much better then neosd, but the price on either flash cart is what's making me have second thoughts. Might just stay on my multi game cart from china. Don't know what to do yet?
Both are definitely way better than the china multicarts. Which of the two you choose is a matter of preferences. If you want it for home use only on a consolized MVS then Darksofts offering is probably the better choice.
Agree, but I have 2 multi carts that were only $35 each. Can't complain about that.

I would rather buy from here even if this cart didn't perform as good. Neo-Geo forums are run by idiots. You can never ask any question with out being put down or told you're a loser . That Rot guy is a complete nob.

@Simon Belmont do you live in the USA?
I'll send you a 138-in-1 (crappy China bootleg multicart) for free if you pay the shipping.

I think you'll find that even for free, it's a PoS. ;)

BTW Rot was one of the only admins I actually liked on that site.
His drunken (and sometimes nude) adventures always provided a few lolz.

Well, you are asuming that UNIBIOS says the truth.. UNIBIOS CRC database was not always right in the past ;)
You're right dude, good point.
Let's say I like UNIBIOS doing the CRC check from the right point of view. From the MVS point of view. To me it's essential in order to perform a litmus test.

You know the truth, when you use unmodified MAME romsets that can be CRC checked against MAME... and here we should be safe since we are using unmodified repacked sets (excluding the decrypted MSLUGX)
We should... it doesn't calm my OCD, but I get your point.

@edit: As mentioned by DS, it seems that UNIBIOS seems to have the same opinion as MAME (at least in the current version) :D
Can you elaborate please?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

@Simon Belmont @jassin000 they are better than having absolutely nothing.

But i have to agree, they are pretty crappy... some of the games that i have the originals and are on the 138 in 1 or the 161 in 1 are playing definetly different/better on the original cart...

@Simon Belmont @jassin000 they are better than having absolutely nothing.

But i have to agree, they are pretty crappy... some of the games that i have the originals and are on the 138 in 1 or the 161 in 1 are playing definetly different/better on the original cart...

I know there crappy, but it's all I can get right now. I just bought 2 MVS games to go with my new consolized neo geo.

The china multis are better then nothing for sure. You just have to be aware they are full of hacks, patched together crap and games that are simply not like original ones.
And they have in game button combos you cant disable. :whistling: :D
@Simon Belmont do you live in the USA?
I'll send you a 138-in-1 (crappy China bootleg multicart) for free if you pay the shipping.

I think you'll find that even for free, it's a PoS. ;)
Isnt that the one with the extra adapter board on the jamma connector? I found that thing at least intriguing design-wise.

Back