What's new

K0NAM1

Student
Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies I'm a bit of a multi newbie.

While I'm waiting for a CPS1 multi, I want to build a Ghouls 'n Ghosts, I loved GnG as a kid!

So from what I've read it's doable with any A board (might have to change the CPU speed to 10MHz), do I need to source a CPS-B-01 or can I use any CPS-B, what is the easiest way to deal with the C board, I like the idea of an authentic A board and the rest can be a hack?

I think what I'm reading is a CPS-B-01 would be way easier to convert, the issue there is Forgotten Worlds and Strider go for big money on Fleabay.

There isn't a board out there that I can just attach to an A, that has all the GnG ROMs on some other type of storage, so I can play GnG on the original mainboard without all the B + C board complexities?

I also just read this from @Apocalypse but it was a bit confusing in that I'm starting from scratch with no boards, so what should I look to buy...

https://arcadefixer.blogspot.com/2017/03/conversion-sf2-to-ghoulsnghosts-world.html

I'm looking for the challenge, happy to spend a couple of days on it and around US$300 on the CPS, I have a programmer, eraser and a few ROMs.

Haha in saying that if someone has a hacked together CPS1 running GnG that they will part with for around that kind of money, then I'm all ears, that goes for anyone with spare CPS1 bits that I can use to get me started!

Thanks.
Richard

Here's the thread I used to build mine (and where I did my troubleshooting).

There is another angle you can take, which gives you more options for the B board to use as a donor. It was a bit more involved than using a SF board : https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...imura-conversion-b-board-90629b-2.8996/page-1

It does seem that a rash of these conversions have been for sale recently - I've seen one on KLOV and a different one on eBay within the couple weeks since I finished mine. The solution I used cost me about $150 to 160 - I bought a Final Fight with bad long A board AND a bad C board. Bought some bulk eproms from China and the replacement GAL from digikey. Paired it with a DASH A board, and used one of SheepNova's generic B-21 C boards from ebay. Nothing destroyed - I kept the full set of Final Fight roms and GAL set aside.

Thanks everyone, I just though I would give a bit of an update, I sourced an A, two B and one C board locally (thanks @djsheep), the C board isn't right for the GnG ROMs in circulation (thanks @Apocalypse) and so I'm just waiting for a B-21 (thanks again @djsheep).

Back