What's new

BossRighteous

Beginner
Reaction score
When I was in high school ~18 years ago the arcade bug hit me and I built out my first MAME cabinet out of unfinished MDF, Ultimarc and Happ supplies and whatever peripherals I could afford from working part time retail. Many years and moves later I've always kept a semi-recent romset and a Mayflash stick around but the cab is long gone.
I always told myself when I got more room I'd dive back in and just got my first house so it's time to reengage! In the past I couldn't hope to afford PCBs or any legitimate equipment but I'm interested in that side of things this time around.
I'm a web-dev so I have practical programming experience, but I admittedly know little about hardware or electronics beyond beginner Arduino projects. Additionally I've made hobbyist Flash, MMF, and now Godot games so I'm really interested in trying to make Homebrew arcade games in a real feel.
I've got a low spec mini pc in the works to try a dual boot partition MAME/Godot launcher. Assuming the interest keeps up I'm putting back monthly savings for a possible Vewlix import as a Christmas gift to myself.
On the topic of Chicago, if anyone hangs around Logan Arcade let me know! It's just down the road and super cool but I'm awkward so a soft intro would be awesome before making some new friends.

Last edited:
Welcome!

A Vewlix running that dual boot PC sounds awesome. Would love to see a build log.

Back