What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love 2 of those stools as well! I'm in Dublin, in the east bay.

I wrote down names. Probably keeping stools for this test order to deliverable locations. I guess I'll mention something when I'm ready to go ahead with them, don't know how Bay plans are going to be yet. LA area same, but I'm sure I'll have someone going down at some point

45643919_179375309682975_4030695754958897152_n.jpg

Alrighty. Blast city cabs are in great shape. The only thing is some corner convergence issues I’d like to fix eventually but they are playable for now. I have a cps2 multi in one I’ve set to vertical and I have a Neo sd in the other. I also have a new Astro set horizontal so I figured two horizontal one vertical will be good. I’ll probably keep the vewlix horizontal. I have a Naomi in the vewlix for now running mvc2. I’ll post a pic of that later.

Attachments

• A76F73B6-96D9-4577-937A-C48E4DFBE12A.jpeg
    A76F73B6-96D9-4577-937A-C48E4DFBE12A.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 8D7B21E4-8661-4D6E-9B3F-4F3A589EE4C8.jpeg
    8D7B21E4-8661-4D6E-9B3F-4F3A589EE4C8.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 90
I wrote down names. Probably keeping stools for this test order to deliverable locations. I guess I'll mention something when I'm ready to go ahead with them, don't know how Bay plans are going to be yet. LA area same, but I'm sure I'll have someone going down at some point

45643919_179375309682975_4030695754958897152_n.jpg
I would like a bench or two if you can get them, have them.

Looks like a cap or something leaked on the monitor board on one of the blast city cabs I got. Still works but makes me wonder for how long.

Attachments

• AAF5F929-3567-4621-B21C-7280B3D426CF.jpeg
    AAF5F929-3567-4621-B21C-7280B3D426CF.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 97
Worst of the corner convergence. I can live with it but will try to fix.

Attachments

• 1B57F0D0-762A-4893-A997-7295AEB722EE.jpeg
    1B57F0D0-762A-4893-A997-7295AEB722EE.jpeg
    414 KB · Views: 73
Looks like a cap or something leaked on the monitor board on one of the blast city cabs I got. Still works but makes me wonder for how long.
thats the black goop shit that leaks from the flyback on all nanao 2930/1 chassis. It doesn't do any harm and I wouldn't worry about it.

thats the black goop shit that leaks from the flyback on all nanao 2930/1 chassis. It doesn't do any harm and I wouldn't worry about it.
it's not from the flyback, it's potting compound from the horizontal drive coil in the area on the other side of the heatsink--I don't have a chassis in front of me so I can't cite the component designation. the compound is not harmful, in and of itself, however it absolutely can do harm over time as contaminants gather/stick in the stuff. I would highly recommend you have someone service that chassis and clean it up.

corner convergence is a common issue with blast monitors, but you can solve most of it with convergence strips although it's difficult, if not impossible, to get it perfect.

it's not from the flyback, it's potting compound from the horizontal drive coil in the area on the other side of the heatsink--I don't have a chassis in front of me so I can't cite the component designation. the compound is not harmful, in and of itself, however it absolutely can do harm over time as contaminants gather/stick in the stuff. I would highly recommend you have someone service that chassis and clean it up.
corner convergence is a common issue with blast monitors, but you can solve most of it with convergence strips although it's difficult, if not impossible, to get it perfect.
"The black goop is potting compound released from the 750 A1 component near the flyback transformer. It is not actually your flyback melting. The potting compound is non conductive and is simply a sign of age."

Yeah my bad, its actually near the flyback. I was going by memory from when I read this from the arcade otaku wiki

Ok, so logical follow up, where to get convergence strips?

Seconded, probably something I'll want to learn more about going into doing this more

it's not from the flyback, it's potting compound from the horizontal drive coil in the area on the other side of the heatsink--I don't have a chassis in front of me so I can't cite the component designation. the compound is not harmful, in and of itself, however it absolutely can do harm over time as contaminants gather/stick in the stuff. I would highly recommend you have someone service that chassis and clean it up.corner convergence is a common issue with blast monitors, but you can solve most of it with convergence strips although it's difficult, if not impossible, to get it perfect.
Ok, so logical follow up, where to get convergence strips?
I made my own. Fixed 3 bad corners on my 2930 with them. I you cannot find them, I am happy to put a couple in an envelope and send them your way. It will just take a while as I am in europe. Also remove the black goop from my chassis and resealed the 750 A1 with epoxy but I don't know if that will last :)

Used this tutorial to make the stripes:
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59199

pretty much what nnap and rancor said.

I lucked out a couple years ago and picked up the last of arcadecup.com's stock, but only have a couple left, anymore.

I bought some off eBay from a French seller last year for about $1 a strip, I don't think he has any up at the moment though

Ceramic magnets are not great convergence strips. You need permalloy, a strip of light thin plastic, kapton tape to attach the permalloy piece (maybe a 0.5"0.5" square of it) and some double-sided tape on the other end to keep it in place.

I keep materials to make hundreds of them, so maybe I should make a few batches and toss them on eBay or something.

Last edited:
back in the day if we needed them in a pinch we'd use the metal from those snap-off razor blades and used packing tape to attach them to the end of a plastic strip made from a "for sale" sign.

They are available but nobody's stepped up to buy the other 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back