What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really in the air about those ): on one hand I'm not super sure I'll use them much for shows, but on the other I don't want to split up a set of 4 and be stuck with an odd number

I wrote down names. Probably keeping stools for this test order to deliverable locations. I guess I'll mention something when I'm ready to go ahead with them, don't know how Bay plans are going to be yet. LA area same, but I'm sure I'll have someone going down at some point

45643919_179375309682975_4030695754958897152_n.jpg
Any updates on these? No rush, just curious.

Ceramic magnets are not great convergence strips. You need permalloy, a strip of light thin plastic, kapton tape to attach the permalloy piece (maybe a 0.5"0.5" square of it) and some double-sided tape on the other end to keep it in place.

I keep materials to make hundreds of them, so maybe I should make a few batches and toss them on eBay or something.
I would get a few from you since my crt cab count has gone up to 8 :)

I wrote down names. Probably keeping stools for this test order to deliverable locations. I guess I'll mention something when I'm ready to go ahead with them, don't know how Bay plans are going to be yet. LA area same, but I'm sure I'll have someone going down at some point

45643919_179375309682975_4030695754958897152_n.jpg
Any updates on these? No rush, just curious.
Yep, I'm going to Oakland on the 31st or so, then doing my Seattle trip after. Would be back again around the 5-6th. I'll send you a PM

I've had a lack of updates lately, I apologize. I'm dealing with a manifest issue on the incoming container, and about to leave for a show. The container is coming 10 days late, right when I'm not in town to receive it. It's been really stressful.

Here is what's left, ready to go out 2nd week of Feb or so:

Theatrhythm x2 $1,000
SQ x6 $1,000
Astro City with NAC header (maybe) $900
Net City/New Net City/NAOMI Universal (maybe) $800-900

Probably after Genesis and deliveries, I'll be ready to take orders full swing. Expect the following as I plan on ordering a chunk of each regardless. If you are interested in ordering, I can handle from the below list immediately. Prices may fluctuate up or down a bit at this stage. For other inquiries, I can start hearing them out but won't be ready to process them for a week or two depending, probably.

Astro City: $900
Blast City: $900
New Net City: $900
Vewlix L AMI: $1500
jubeat: $2250
MUSECA: $1500
Nostalgia: $3500
Noir: $900

Will update as regularly as possible!

How would someone arrange shipping to Michigan for a net city? How much would that be? I have a deep curiosity.

STI is the common option. It's about $550 for a candy. Two candies is almost the same price.

Any chance for a Super Neo 29.. I am not in any rush, but If I can express interest for a future order, I am down.

Since I've been without updates for a week, I should probably post our situation here. Container is still scheduled, but since the pass has been closed for going on 3 days, I cannot even get home. There's a good chance I'll probably unload in Fremont and try to keep the delivery schedule on-time. I will however not be processing anything else until after that. We're going into worst-case scenario situation with the freak weather. Will update again when I can!

Heads up, candy cabinets are extremely dry from my supplier right now. I may just not offer any this time around, or sell them AS-IS. Last order I had too much trouble trying to specifically pick out things people wanted, to the point that I'm still sitting on Blast Cities for people that I haven't taken care of yet.

There aren't enough candies in Japan anymore and I'm not interested in ordering anything from China, for obvious reasons, like other suppliers are. I prefer to keep failure rates low because I actually care about the games and who they go to, and even with that, the last batch of Blasts have been having complications between me and their destination. I cannot provide the level of service I want to, and I no longer feel comfortable at this point putting a guarantee on them (mainly Blasts). I don't know if STI is handling them rough or there's something with this batch; I've brought them to a few shows with no problems in transit myself.

All that said, there is almost nothing available for the April order. MAYBE some Blasts and NNC, but that's it. I either need to start checking other distributors, or the supply might just be really exhausted right now. Might be best to take your chances with untested cabs from someone else. I'll update if the stock improves.

Heads up, candy cabinets are extremely dry from my supplier right now. I may just not offer any this time around, or sell them AS-IS. Last order I had too much trouble trying to specifically pick out things people wanted, to the point that I'm still sitting on Blast Cities for people that I haven't taken care of yet.

There aren't enough candies in Japan anymore and I'm not interested in ordering anything from China, for obvious reasons, like other suppliers are. I prefer to keep failure rates low because I actually care about the games and who they go to, and even with that, the last batch of Blasts have been having complications between me and their destination. I cannot provide the level of service I want to, and I no longer feel comfortable at this point putting a guarantee on them (mainly Blasts). I don't know if STI is handling them rough or there's something with this batch; I've brought them to a few shows with no problems in transit myself.

All that said, there is almost nothing available for the April order. MAYBE some Blasts and NNC, but that's it. I either need to start checking other distributors, or the supply might just be really exhausted right now. Might be best to take your chances with untested cabs from someone else. I'll update if the stock improves.
This makes me extremely sad. :( I wanted to get some more cabs from you this spring. Maybe summer will bring good things like cheap aero citys ;)

Alright, verdict is, I am no longer selling candy cabs in the same capacity anymore. There have been too many cabinets that are tested/working when shipped to me and tested/working when shipped out to buyers in the last two months for me to put any kind of guarantee on them at the price I am selling them at. I've actually started to LOSE money on some of them due to monitor issues. I don't know if STI is fucking up cabs or if people are hooking them up wrong, or if there's something wrong on my end. I test everything before it goes, and I have brought several to shows all year with little to no issues at all.

Until I have both the space and the income to just buy a bunch of candy cabs, go over them with a fine-tooth comb and really shop them out, all candies I sell will be AS-IS. They are still tested and serviced before coming in, and tested before going out, but there is no longer any guarantee from me on the monitors. ALL candy sales will follow this guideline until further notice. The prices will NOT change, I am having trouble getting any more as it is, and I'm already selling at very close to purchase price. You will get whatever panel is on the cab (almost ABSOLUTELY certainly a 1L panel), and testing with photos before they ship. I'm hoping that it's just a freak 2 months or cold weather in transit is doing something, and that everything will be fine again, but I can't afford to guarantee it without tacking on a fair amount. Please understand that it is getting genuinely harder to source tested/working candy cabs. I still value the condition of what I buy higher than stuff bought off a bulk buy from elsewhere, so my product is still in generally better shape than you'd get from other imports. Any buyers must agree to the above when buying older candies.

ALL THAT SAID, I'm going to start getting stuff ordered and finished for the next container. I'll make another post farther down when I have a bit more time, but expect a spattering of music games, some Vewlix, sparse amounts of candies. There's probably only some Blasts available and anything I still have now that I am cycling out. There's Astros but I'm probably keeping them. I'll take any requests, and in a few weeks should be good to do Yahoo! Japan. Building the funds now to put in a hefty deposit.

Understandable.

While I do not know which cabs are having issues, I'm just gonna go out and say it. I'd stay away from Blast Cities, too many issues the older they get. On top of this, there are too many ppl that just don't take their time with them and break them.

Understandable.

While I do not know which cabs are having issues, I'm just gonna go out and say it. I'd stay away from Blast Cities, too many issues the older they get. On top of this, there are too many ppl that just don't take their time with them and break them.
I love my Blast Cities, but this is correct. I have 2 spare chassis' sitting just in case the monitor fails. One of my cabinets just kept giving me so many issues that I gave up and and sold it for cheap to the next person who wanted to deal with it.

Last edited:
I'm really sad right now about Blasts because I have two people who asked a long time ago for them, and I've been sitting on the last 4 for a very long time without handling their orders. Right now I just feel like I won't be able to send them something that works as they want it to. Trying to figure out what to do about that, because I hate leaving things like that.

Yeah, gonna have to agree on Blasts. Those tri-sync monitors are super finicky.

Excited to see what's in the hopper!

Any update on old stools? I want the fabric ones, not the newer pleather ones. I'll take em messed up if need be, just not rusted.

Someone bought the whole batch, then hasn't picked them up in a few months. There's one or two left I think that are okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back