What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some updates, I know there's other stuff going on, but some things I need to bring up.

Before that, one more SDVX V is available. One basic photo right now, all I can tell is that if there is any monitor burn, it doesn't look bad. Price is $4,250. Also, two more CHUNITHM are available, at $7,000. These are almost certainly going to arcades unless someone takes them in the next few weeks.

103083485_3011603038954568_6234353804654502493_n.jpg

About stools/benches, I have cut off the orders at 20 of each. That means I'll probably actually fulfill all current requests for stools AND benches on the next container. That also means that there is only a limited supply left after that. I will NOT be ordering more for the first container, as I'm already very full. I will contact individuals who have ordered when I am ready to process payment and get info down.

The current incoming container has an arrival date of July 4, not June 17. I thought that time was crazy, but they didn't update me anything about it until recently; July 4 is MUCH more standard timing for a container shipping time. It is officially on a ship and in transit. It also got routed to the wrong port, so I'll be receiving it in Reno instead of LA. That means some of you who were going to have personal delivery or pick up in LA there will be some delay, but I will hold my previous agreements with you and make sure you get your cabs as you expected them, sans a little time.

Next, update on the Blast Cities. It was brought to my attention when I asked about monitor type that they are NOT original monitors. These are flat CRTs, and here's the information I was given, including about the curvature to the bezel. It is from "RS company", not sure what that means. They are auto-switching 15k~31k. Not 100% sure if they meant tri-sync or just low/high. Pictures are in the imgur album below. Supposedly it mostly fills the gap between monitor and bezel with some method (also pictured), and there is a 5mm gap on all sides. Please consider this when looking to buy any of these Blast City, as the price will not change. I am still paying a high amount for them. Anyone who has expressed interest or committed to a purchase before this information was available to me is not bound by any agreement to go ahead with the purchase, and all payments are fully refundable. Please note, this is the first time I have EVER gotten a candy cab with non-stock monitor, I've had no idea to check for it until now.

https://imgur.com/a/T43B5D4

I think that covers everything. Shortly, I will mark SOLD the items that are no longer available.

"RS company"...... is that River Service company?

Thanks for the heads up though again bro. :)

3129D most likely....as those are the tri-sync's that will do 15K......the 2929's are also tri, but do 30Khz to 50khz....so no 15khz boards.

Interesting buffers for the bezels on these....would be neat to see one in person, to see how it looks.

3129D most likely....as those are the tri-sync's that will do 15K......the 2929's are also tri, but do 30Khz to 50khz....so no 15khz boards.

Interesting buffers for the bezels on these....would be neat to see one in person, to see how it looks.
I'm thinking the same, I want to see it in person. I was purposely avoiding Blasts because of the monitors; I have to move my cabs a lot, but if these look alright, I might be happy keeping them if nobody wants them. Still a bit disappointing, I've never had to worry about monitors not being original, now I know its something to check for. They might honestly be better this way for operators, we'll see.

About stools and benches:

There will be enough stools and benches to fulfill all current orders. There is currently remaining: 4x 43cm Stool, 6x 48cm Stool, 0x Bench. I will NOT order more for the next container, as this is already filling up a fair chunk of space that could have been cabinets. Fortunately it all does fit without taking off anything critical. If orders are not paid by the 1st of July, I will consider other people who are interested. You will, however, have until then to pay with no worries!

I have contacted everyone who has been in touch about a BENCH, if you feel I have not, let me know. I will get in touch with everyone who requested a STOOL whenever I get to it, may be a day or two before everyone has received contact.

Just message me on FB messenger when your ready to take payment for the two 48cm stools. Am I on the list right?

Cereth, don't want to impose. I'm in for one 48cm stool, so figured I'd ask:

Could you please order a pair of flat Vewlix F speakers (top ones) and a set of Taito locks (enough for one Vewlix F)?

Will pay whatever is fair. If not, I totally understand.

I already placed the TAITOTECH order, and not sure if they have those available anymore. I can pull another set of LY1153 locks at some point, though. Will have to give me some time to find enough to take off cabs. I took note of it and will get in touch with you! I also put you on the list for one 48cm Stool.

C
I already placed the TAITOTECH order, and not sure if they have those available anymore. I can pull another set of LY1153 locks at some point, though. Will have to give me some time to find enough to take off cabs. I took note of it and will get in touch with you! I also put you on the list for one 48cm Stool.
Thanks, ready to pay for the stool!

Somebody said Taito still had them, but I don't know if they knew for sure, but I'm too late this time; no worries. If you can get a set of locks, great, if not no big deal; no rush. :)

Edit: Oh, need a pair of keys as well...I don't have any.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm thinking the same, I want to see it in person. I was purposely avoiding Blasts because of the monitors; I have to move my cabs a lot, but if these look alright, I might be happy keeping them if nobody wants them. Still a bit disappointing, I've never had to worry about monitors not being original, now I know its something to check for. They might honestly be better this way for operators, we'll see.
I can confirm it is a Wei-Ya 3129D and likely the DB1-72 variant. Currently recapping one in my garage.

@Cereth scratch the 3 48cm stool request....I would like an adjustable bench to save my back if available.. thanks
All 20 of the benches are taken, I'll mark you down on the waitlist for that if anyone cancels

EDIT: I'm going to have to take down CHUNITHMs for now. Demand is a bit higher than supply, but if interested, still ask. I'll keep a waitlist since I have a few weeks.

Last edited:
Just as a helper for anyone, I got a large batch of those blasts not to long ago with the replacement wei ya monitor in and they are actually pretty good, chassis is easy to fix and it is indeed tri-sync.

The bezel modification/filler actually looks really good but you will need to bring the monitor out a little to get rid of the last of the gap by just using washers, brings the monitor out perfect...no more gap.

I wouldn't worry to much about the replacement monitor to be honest I think it actually makes a good modification as the Blast chassis is a pain in the ass.

Wanna find out if he can this cab though
He can't. It's not a Japanese cab. It's made in the UK. Two years ago they were retailing for 2000 GBP. I'm pretty sure Sega UK sold out of them.
Damn, would have been cool to get 1 or 2 of those.
Virtua Tennis is one of my favorite all time series, good to see it doing well. Maybe Ronnie could get
Rumour has it that Sega UK scrapped a lot of these as it was better for them to write them off as a tax benefit as opposed to selling them off cheap as no-one wanted them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back