What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
HOPEFULLY big update. I'm nearing the very tail end of this container, ALMOST done. First, notes about shipping stuff out:

Phil is on his way to pick up everything for the Bay Area, Vegas, and SoCal deliveries. That includes all stools, benches, and cabinets in those areas. Everything has been processed and wrapped, ready to go. I think for the most part I've been in touch with everyone, and I'm trying now to get the last few I haven't contacted yet. You will be given an estimated delivery, and I'll be closely in touch until he is done with all rounds. At worst if something doesn't work out, I'll arrange stuff to be held at nearby locations for you.

STI shipments go out tomorrow; I've been in touch with everyone, given your quotes, just haven't sent out COs/tracking yet. Will be getting to that. Again, everything is actually ready to go, they couldn't have possibly come at a better time to properly facilitate all of this.

FedEx shipments for stools and benches are getting ready to go out. I've contacted everyone who ordered one, checked quotes/started accepting payments for it. All labels are printed, but I'm holding on shipping any benches until I get confirmation from the buyer they are okay with the costs. It worked out to between $260-$290 per bench, which is huuuuuge. I even checked with someone with a big corporate account, it was only about $50 cheaper. I'd definitely like to see if there's some cheaper options; maybe uShip, or seeing if STI could do better (kind of doubt since they seem to have a minimum amount for a CO). Those are some options we can look into if you don't want to pay the crazy FedEx prices.

Side note about shipping the stools, the warehouse I got continues to be a blessing. I have access to the use of their facilities, and that has led to much faster and more efficient packing/labeling/shipping of this kind of stuff than I expected. That means that I am very much more inclined to do this stuff more frequently in the future. Notably, I have found a perfect box for shipping 2 or 3 stools, so I don't have to do janky chopped boxes as much anymore, and I can ship everything straight out of the warehouse, which will eliminate delays due to not getting to the FedEx store myself. I will make a more structured addendum to the first post when I open up orders for the next batch, but please, if you've asked before, please ask again to make sure, I keep good records, but sometimes people ask when I'm not able to make a note, and it gets lost in the 10-20 conversations I carry at any given time.

Second, I want to apologize for how absent I've been from this thread, and to the many people who have orders that I've taken a long time to get a hold of, or even let know that stuff is here. I've been working hours that would kill most people, I've clocked 100hrs in the last week, most of the time doing 20-30hrs straight, not eating because of time, its nuts. I literally do the entire operation by myself. I have one or two people help unload containers, maybe record some video, keep me company but that's about it. I owe everyone better than the communication I've had of late, just want people to know I'm still here, and I care. If you have any concerns or need anything from me, don't be afraid to send regular reminders, I want to get you all taken care of. I'm way too deep into things to say this isn't a full business for me, but I still love and adore it as a hobby. It was never about the money. I wanted to do the community right, just as it turns out, I also gotta eat.

This time around, I spent a LOT of time going over particular machines that needed extra work; something I was never really able to do before I got the warehouse. I want to start doing this more in the future, as it was one of my goals from the beginning. Stuff that usually doesn't have problems I'll generally power test and leave wrapped, but this container had some items that really needed looking at. The Lindberghs had much worse burn than expected; I spent probably 8 hrs going over those alone. They are now a bit cleaner, 2 have new monitors, locks were installed. All the Net/New Nets were really bad, I did a full analysis of them before letting them go to their respective buyers. It really makes stark clear why the previous model of pre-selling cabinets wasn't going to work. I expect cabs like that more in the future.

In the next few months, I plan on doing some write-ups on important subjects related to importing through me, and will probably start a fresh new thread better organized to cover those topics. This will include stuff like the AS-IS candy policy, candy sales policy, payment terms, shipping terms, details about hacked data (not an officially provided service), Yahoo! Japan pricing terms and policies, etc. I really want a lot of this to be easily referenced so that its clear going into things what to expect.

I think that's all I can think of. Please bear with me, I'm trying to improve the service I can give!

Thanks for all your hard work providing a valuable service to this community.

Give me an address and I'll send a Grubhub driver your way with a pizza and a 6-pack. ;)
Haha no worries, my driver will be here in a few hrs an I'm gonna stuff us both full of something

Damn, I watched that video and am mega sad I missed out on a bench. Next time!

Damn, I watched that video and am mega sad I missed out on a bench. Next time!
You can take my spot for one bench if you want.
I’ve been meaning to catch up with ya about that. If that’s what you’ve decided for sure I can def get you refunded. There’s a number of people on the waiting list for one if anyone backs out

Last edited:
Not exactly the best place but thank you @Cereth for the IDZero vid! I wish I could take those off your hands haha

Not exactly the best place but thank you @Cereth for the IDZero vid! I wish I could take those off your hands haha
I mean I think at this point, this is as much my company representation page as it is my sales thread. I've been meaning to find a good place to share those videos here.

Thanks for commenting something! Both about the video and because any time anyone comments here I actually remember how long its been since I was able to post an update.

Next container docks today, and has cleared customs. It'll be delivered by their estimates next Monday, but could be sooner. Its mostly stuff for me, with only maybe 5-6 units being shipped out. I did start contacting people who asked for stools previously, but am also taking orders for the next week or two on 43cm, 48cm and benches. I'm probably going to hard limit 5 on benches this time, the unreasonable shipping cost is a bit of a killer/downer. In 1-2 weeks I'll close orders and will not put more stools on. I'm already anticipating overfilling this container, so I'm going to be careful about that. I just got 3 PRas 3 cabs, those are going to people who previously asked for them. Just wanted people to know that availability of that cab has made it my way.

I think that's it for now?

Awesome to hear that the PRas 3 cabs are becoming available. Can't wait to pick one or two up from you sometime in the future, @Cereth! Also really love the new warehouse space you have and all the recent youtube videos.

Awesome to hear that the PRas 3 cabs are becoming available. Can't wait to pick one or two up from you sometime in the future, @Cereth! Also really love the new warehouse space you have and all the recent youtube videos.
I'll put you on my list as interested if you want. At worst if you change your mind or find one elsewhere np, but at least I can get in touch. y/n?

Yes, absolutely. Thanks, @Cereth! I can tell you my chances of locating one elsewhere are probably near zero and part of the draw for me is supporting your business model and what you do for the community (in whatever little way I can).

Those cabs are coooooooool.

Toss me on the completely-non-committal-right-now-but-still-could-be-if-the-timing-is-right list too? Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back