What's new
For Sale
The brook boards receive power on 19 and 20 of the 20 pin and from pin 11 of the SEGA cp loom. this power would be pushed through all the devices on the daisy chain... the amperage draw on the 5v of the cabinet wouldn’t be bad at all since the PSU usually has a decent amperage rating.

As for toasting something down the line, That may not be likely, but it is theoretically possible.

I’m thinking I would need to develop a PCB with a rotary switch that would move the 5v line between multiple ports. That would require testing, too.

The brook boards receive power on 19 and 20 of the 20 pin and from pin 11 of the SEGA cp loom. this power would be pushed through all the devices on the daisy chain... the amperage draw on the 5v of the cabinet wouldn’t be bad at all since the PSU usually has a decent amperage rating.

As for toasting something down the line, That may not be likely, but it is theoretically possible.

I’m thinking I would need to develop a PCB with a rotary switch that would move the 5v line between multiple ports. That would require testing, too.
I don't want to do it but I may disconnect pin 19 and 20, as my brooks board receives power from the USB. So no need at this time for the power of pin 19 and 20, then I will test.

Any thoughts on developing a PRAS to Brook harness? A lot more folks are getting PRAS these days, would be a nice option.

Any thoughts on developing a PRAS to Brook harness? A lot more folks are getting PRAS these days, would be a nice option.
I'd need to either get a PRAS cabinet or get the wiring diagram for them, but it shouldn't be too tough. :D

I don't want to do it but I may disconnect pin 19 and 20, as my brooks board receives power from the USB. So no need at this time for the power of pin 19 and 20, then I will test.

the reason why It's added is because I've noticed weird things happening with the cabinet IO if common power isn't connected as well as common ground between cabinet IO and brook board. phantom/glitchy inputs, etc.. having both connected at the same time hasn't caused problems in testing, especially JVS/fast IO games weren't powered up and running at the same time as the console and brook boards.

Only think I can think of is if the home button was pressed during JVS play and it turned the console on. even then, it will only send inputs across.

That would be awesome. I'm not sure if I'm the only person who would want to hook up multiple ios seems like it would be great and always assumed something someone might cover that in the future

OK!

I have Sega CP and Extra button harnesses, as well as astro and Blast CPS2 kick harnesses in stock :D

some housekeeping:
  • PRAS home/card reader/serial harnesses - I have the Parts, I need to just make a bunch. Seriously. Rather than hammer them all out I'll make 10 at a time so I don't get burned out.
  • Repro Mini-Cute ISO transformer/grounded power cable harnesses - I'm making a few as a proof of concept (I talked about them in the Repro Cute thread). Once I have the design sorted I'll get a thread up with details, costs, etc.
In Personal news..

I will be taking some time off from custom harness making between The 15th of September to the 1st of November to allow for two things:
  1. Halloween preparation
  2. Marriage (I'm getting married)
This means, If I have it on hand I'll sell it, but restocking and making custom things for anyone will take a back seat for those 6 weeks.

Thanks everyone for the support and understanding! I love you all :D

17E9853E-D17B-4B0F-8776-BE74D7EBBD64.jpeg

;) Congrats to you and the lady!

Hey Lemony, congrats on your wedding, that's awesome man. Think I'll need a harness for an astro 2 but I might need more stuff too so I'll PM when I know and we'll see if I get to it before your wedding. Either way that's super exciting and hope it's a blast!

Hey Lemony, congrats on your wedding, that's awesome man. Think I'll need a harness for an astro 2 but I might need more stuff too so I'll PM when I know and we'll see if I get to it before your wedding. Either way that's super exciting and hope it's a blast!
Keep me posted, my man! If I have it on hand I’ll get it out to ya :D

Back