What's new

bananaman1525

Beginner
Reaction score
I currently own 15 different arcade games and have have started collecting about 3 years ago with a lot of arcade games from Craigslist. I have learned a lot about arcade games since then and most of it was from this forum, though I only got around to making an account now. I am so happy to be here and I look forward to talking with you all.

(P. S. I can post some photos of some of my cabs if anyone is interested)

Welcome from a fellow midwesterner. Everyone loves seeing photos!

This first one is my soul calibur 2, one of my favorite games. It still needs a bit of work, like the monitor, and the 246 has been giving me issues, but other than that it’s in good shape. (This photo is right when I got it, it’s in better shape now)

Attachments

• IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 33
This next one is a virtua fighter converted into a big buck hunter. I would love to turn it back into one, or maybe turn it into a generic jamma cab because it doesn’t have a lot of original stuff left, and the control panel has some holes drilled in it.

Attachments

• 70510892264__6E67F249-3A79-4CFE-95C3-949424ED6E06.jpeg
    70510892264__6E67F249-3A79-4CFE-95C3-949424ED6E06.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 33
I’ve got a few others, but they aren’t super interesting, along with lots of Megatouch games, and 2 golden tee Fore! cabs I’m working on repairing. On another note, I do know a LOT about the Megatouch Maxx and Force hardware, so if anyone needs any help with that I might know a thing or two.

On another note, I do know a LOT about the Megatouch Maxx and Force hardware, so if anyone needs any help with that I might know a thing or two.
I might take you up on that some time. I'm on the west end of the state myself. Welcome to the forums.

I might take you up on that some time. I'm on the west end of the state myself. Welcome to the forums.
I'm currently at 5 total megatouch cabs. Don't ask how I got that many :)
And if you need them, i have a copy of basically every backup disk in existence, i have to get around to backing them up to archive dot org sometime

Welcome! Looks like you've been busy with repairs. Nice collection!

nice! I'm also on the west side (same town as skate actually!).. Is craigslist still kicking? I haven't checked there in a very long time. It seems like most ppl switched to FB.

nice! I'm also on the west side (same town as skate actually!).. Is craigslist still kicking? I haven't checked there in a very long time. It seems like most ppl switched to FB.

Its still around, I've gotten a lot of good deals from there. Everything goes quick though.

This next one is a virtua fighter converted into a big buck hunter. I would love to turn it back into one, or maybe turn it into a generic jamma cab because it doesn’t have a lot of original stuff left, and the control panel has some holes drilled in it.
Hello - I just bought a big buck hunter game converted from the virtual fighter .... and they left the virtual fighter sega boards in the cabinet. Do you have any interest in them?
Also - it sounds like the buck hunt hard drive is bad - it makes a noise every so often but nothing shows up on the screen. I hooked a SAMMY hunt board to the jamma harness and it shows up fine on the monitor. Is there a way to troubleshoot the hard drive or repair it with disks outside of the game?
Thanks.

Hello - I just bought a big buck hunter game converted from the virtual fighter .... and they left the virtual fighter sega boards in the cabinet. Do you have any interest in them?
Also - it sounds like the buck hunt hard drive is bad - it makes a noise every so often but nothing shows up on the screen. I hooked a SAMMY hunt board to the jamma harness and it shows up fine on the monitor. Is there a way to troubleshoot the hard drive or repair it with disks outside of the game?
Thanks.
Sorry for the the late reply, to answer your questions:
-I might be interested in the boards, it would depend on where you are located because it might be a pain to ship them, we can take this into dms if you would like
-for the big buck hunter, you will have to make a new hard drive, the process isn’t crazy but you will need a replacement drive such as a compact flash card with an adapter, or an ide to sata adapter. If you are really interested I could walk you through how I did it in a separate thread

Let me know if you need anything else

Thanks for your reply. I have already sold the boards. I did replace the drive with a CF card and it works fine now.

Back