What's new
Tell Paul I said hi! RIP OC Pinball League.
Ok will do sir. Will he recognize the handle Aurich? Paul invited me to check out the League around years ago, but I never got a chance to make it out.

I'm vaccinated but busy this Friday, if you run another I may drop by to say hi! Thanks for the open invite fatherpain

Ok will do sir. Will he recognize the handle Aurich? Paul invited me to check out the League around years ago, but I never got a chance to make it out.
Aurich (sounds like "Oric") is not actually a handle, it's my real name. He'll know. :)

I hosted a little get together last night, it felt really good to have some people over and the cabs get played again. What they're here for. Hope you have a blast tonight!

Aurich (sounds like "Oric") is not actually a handle, it's my real name. He'll know. :)

I hosted a little get together last night, it felt really good to have some people over and the cabs get played again. What they're here for. Hope you have a blast tonight!

Message delivered. Paul says hopefully the OC Pinball League will be revived :)

@fatherpain Thanks for hosting such a fantastic meetup. It was great catching up with friends after such a long time, and meeting some new people as well. Can't believe you added a Commando to your lineup, as if the arcade needed to get any more awesome. Pretty pumped that just as we are starting to return to normal you get your arcade poppin again. The games are just as I remember them from before and the arcade has some nice upgrades. Looking forward to filling that high score board and discovering some new games. Cheers to many more !!

31E8DCD8-EDDA-4CFA-B6C6-67E764026D9B.jpeg
Spent several hours rearranging the games. Spy Hunter was moved to the center of the room while the 4p Track and Field CT went back in the house.

968E6484-1E40-4641-A514-AF4F5AEAC706.jpeg
With the extra room, was able to squeeze in a 3rd Candy cab and 3P Rampart. Bringing the total number of games in the garcade to (38).

7B059614-173A-4B9C-82A7-38EA077D5E94.jpeg

Zeke’s Peak got relocated as did the Neo Geo MVS. Altered the layout some. Will investigate the Zeke’s issue you encountered before the next meet. Should be an easy fix.

F3AE86C5-941B-4C13-AC0C-436C68687732.jpeg
Flipped Afterburner around for easier entry and turned Bank Panic and Burgertime to fit like this. Adjusted the monitor on Burgertime so it no longer scrolls intermittently like it was doing. With any luck Afterburner will be ready for the next meet also.

Waiting word from the missus when I can host again. Between now and then, will try to get more games back up and running. So much work to do, but it’s fun. Have had some offers of repair help so hopefully that will work out :)

@fatherpain All you need is some blacklight carpet dood! Looking sick.
Thank you sir. Much appreciated. Yes black light carpet is something I’ve been looking into. So many tough choices...

Promised the wife, I’d replace our Raingutters first... after that, I may move forward on something like that :)

BEEC31F9-EEBA-4D8B-BC2A-B3E2A8E6EEE9.jpeg
Was able to get Afterburner Deluxe fully operational again.

Fixed the flight stick grip which had come apart due to vibration years and years ago. Re-soldered the trigger and missile wires and re-fastened the screws with Loctite.

The pitch motor rubber wheel was squealing and slipping... So applied duct tape to the cradle surface the wheel makes contact with and left the backing on the other side of the tape. Increased the motor power level to (2). Max power level is (5). That seems to have fixed the issue.

My brother in law was my test pilot :)

Also fixed Track and Field 4P cocktail by swapping in a spare PCB. Will have to send the original out for repair.

Very happy to get (2) games working again. Still have about (11) games that need attention.

Last edited:
Hmmm... just got some good news:

1. I’m not needed at work tomorrow so will have the day off to work on fixing games. Still have (15) not working, so if anyone is available to stop by and see if able get some of these running again please lmk :)

2. Wife gave the green light to host again this Saturday 6/12/21 from 7p-12p midnight. If interested in attending also please lmk.

Apologies for the short notice, but I usually don’t know whether I’ll be free until the last minute due to work (and sometimes family) schedule.

Attendees:
1. Paul Dean
2. Shadowkn55
3. kyosuke75
4. DewmanSNK
5. Gamer707B
6. Aux Switch
7. Rockhoward
8. Loegan43

Last edited:
Oh wow, would love to drop by. It's a bit short notice, but I'll see what I can do. You're only 20 mins away from me!

*oh crap, Saturday. I misread that. For some reason I read Friday... I won't be able to make it, but would love to try to another time. Have fun all!

Last edited:
Beautiful cars man! Yes I’ve gone with Speed Ventures x1, Alfa Club 3x, Speed District x3 and LAASC x1.

Have been to Streets of Willow x3, Big Willow x4 and Buttonwillow x1.

My OCD build thread is Here

Got heavy into modding for about (2) years. Still have a lot of parts awaiting install (coilovers, suspension stuff, cooling and other miscellaneous stuff.... but my attention shifted to getting the gameroom finished so here I am.. 😂

How often do you track your car? The only thing worse about having one expensive hobby.... is having two, haha 😭

Beautiful cars man! Yes I’ve gone with Speed Ventures x1, Alfa Club 3x, Speed District x3 and LAASC x1.

Have been to Streets of Willow x3, Big Willow x4 and Buttonwillow x1.

My OCD build thread is Here

Got heavy into modding for about (2) years. Still have a lot of parts awaiting install (coilovers, suspension stuff, cooling and other miscellaneous stuff.... but my attention shifted to getting the gameroom finished so here I am.. 😂

How often do you track your car? The only thing worse about having one expensive hobby.... is having two, haha 😭

Thanks my bro! I've been mainly AutoX with SCCA and local events . Been dry with the tracking bug for the longest time. Itching to come back strong with all the speed venture notification coming through for HPDE's, AutoX, and hot laps. :D.

Really pushing me to finish my IX lol.

Awesome build. very impressed, no joke when jumping in 100% I'm loving your journey in such a short time.

Tell me about this Hobby. I'm fairly new to arcades and it's just as expensive. I probably could have finishe the IX!!!! lol.

Back