What's new
OK, I've made some good progress. I now have working EL Panels that cycle with the selected game.

Thank you! I'm going to try and properly mount the EL panels and then do the wiring again to make it all a bit neater.

Thank you for all the help!

hey Segadude, how is this project doing?

How are you going to handle the game switching from an arcade button? are you going to remove the switch button on the unit and connect it it straight to the jamma fingerboard?

Last edited:
Progress is slow as I've been doing other things too. But I've been working on a mount to hold mini marquees and I've had some custom mini marquees/posters printed.

When done, this sheet of plexiglass will hold the mini marquees.

I also have a sheet of MDF cut to the same size of the plexiglass and it will hold the EL Panels.

The plexiglass will sit on top of the MDF board and EL Panels.

The MegaKiosk DS-18 has very convenient pads built into it for a game select switch. I'll be able to solder an arcade button directly to it.

sega-mini-marquees-01.jpg

Very cool! This inspired me to mod an old genesis I had into jamma, and I just ordered a DS-18. I won't be doing a whole setup with the leds, just a regular jamma genesis+ ds18.

Keep us updated! Your setup is gonna look awesome

Thanks JammaJunk! I'm having fun with it.

I'm glad this got into doing a project as well.

A jamma connection for a Genesis would make using an existing cab very easy to setup. It's a great idea.

I'd love to hear about it as you progress.

Just a heads-up: After I got my DS-18 I noticed that some of my carts would not work on it. The creator hasn't acknowledged it but I believe it's not compatible with some versions of some games. I have a Golden Axe cart that won't load on the DS-18 and one that will load. Both work perfectly on my Genesis. It's not an issue with the cart. I have a few games like this.

Thanks JammaJunk! I'm having fun with it.

I'm glad this got into doing a project as well.

A jamma connection for a Genesis would make using an existing cab very easy to setup. It's a great idea.

I'd love to hear about it as you progress.

Just a heads-up: After I got my DS-18 I noticed that some of my carts would not work on it. The creator hasn't acknowledged it but I believe it's not compatible with some versions of some games. I have a Golden Axe cart that won't load on the DS-18 and one that will load. Both work perfectly on my Genesis. It's not an issue with the cart. I have a few games like this.
On the DS-18, I see that there are the two solder pads, I assume one is for the current and the other one is GND? Which one is which?

Sorry if my question sounds weird!

The two pads next to the switch button and jumpers are for another switch (to switch to the next game). It's intended for people who want to wire an arcade button to the DS-18 for a button on their control panel with all the other buttons.

Back