What's new

krmnnghia

Student
Reaction score
I recently picked up 2 Initial D v1 machines(Master and Slave) and a single v2 machine(Slave). The goal is to get the v2 machine working by itself and then figure out how to run ID v1/2/3 and Crazy Taxi on it and it will go in our personal arcade. The wiring is what is throwing me.

As seen in the picture below, I can boot up the system if I plug a power cord directly to the Power supply under the seat. Can confirm all the buttons, pedals and steering wheel work. This is not how it is supposed to run because all the power seems to run back through to the Master cabinet so when you power on the master, the slave powers up. Currently I have no sound, no monitor, no lights.

Do I need to add a second power supply to run the upper part of the cabinet which in turn feeds power to the second PSU under the seat which powers up the Naomi? I hope that makes sense. Appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_5297.jpg
    IMG_5297.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 57
Monitor and lights run off AC, as does the transformer for the audio amp.

So yeah, easily fixed.

However, the master side also has test, service and demag buttons and volume pots for the slave side. These are more time consuming to sort out. You'll have to install all of those parts and rewire the wiring harnesses.

Monitor and lights run off AC, as does the transformer for the audio amp.

So yeah, easily fixed.

However, the master side also has test, service and demag buttons and volume pots for the slave side. These are more time consuming to sort out. You'll have to install all of those parts and rewire the wiring harnesses.
OK So test and demag aren't needed for me as I can get to the test menu using the Naomi and I have a degaussing coil if needed. That leaves me with Service and Volume. Not sure what the service button gives me access to that the Naomi Test menu doesn't. Volume though. Thats sort of important. Not sure if there is a setting on the amp for that to just set it and forget it. I will need to find somewhere in the cabinet to mount the second PSU. Hmmm

What second PSU?

Both test and service buttons are on the Naomi filter board. Pretty annoying to use though.

What second PSU?

Both test and service buttons are on the Naomi filter board. Pretty annoying to use though.
Please forgive my noobness. Looking at the picture I attached below you can see the circled area which is the power cord that plugs into the factory PSU and heads back to the back of the cabinet. So that would mean power from the master is coming over and powering up the slave PSU which runs the Naomi. But there are 4 connectors on the side of the cabinet which aren't in use without the master side. Is that why the monitor/speakers/lights aren't on yet?

Attachments

• IMG_5296.jpg
    IMG_5296.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 62
So I got home and started in on the cabinets. I pulled the main system from the slave out and put it into the master. She fired up! Volume was barely there because no volume controls yet. But it’s this wiring I have to figure out in order to get the slave working right…not 100% how it’s wired behind there and it’s a pain to get to.

Attachments

• E5EFE84F-28B5-4D73-8115-60E1D76ED5C9.jpeg
    E5EFE84F-28B5-4D73-8115-60E1D76ED5C9.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 55
  • 1651963C-2370-4184-B741-5DB319EFAF22.jpeg
    1651963C-2370-4184-B741-5DB319EFAF22.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 55
Is that why the monitor/speakers/lights aren't on yet?

Because you have no AC. The wiring is terminated to the back of the cab and you have nothing connected there. Monitor, marquee light and the transformer for the audio amp are all powered by AC.

AC is what comes from your house electrical outlets.

Because you have no AC. The wiring is terminated to the back of the cab and you have nothing connected there. Monitor, marquee light and the transformer for the audio amp are all powered by AC.

AC is what comes from your house electrical outlets.
I understand what AC Power is. What I don't yet understand is the exact way power gets from the master side to the slave side and how I can change that so the slave can run independent with a single power cord out the back.

Lucky guy. Would love that cab.

Check out the schematics at the end of the uk twin manual and see if it helps figuring out the power.

The v1/2/3 part is pretty easy later so don't sweat it for now, we'll help !

Lucky guy. Would love that cab.

Check out the schematics at the end of the uk twin manual and see if it helps figuring out the power.

The v1/2/3 part is pretty easy later so don't sweat it for now, we'll help !
Awesome thank you!

Yah I lucked out with these 3 cabs. Picked them up for $100 each.

I understand what AC Power is. What I don't yet understand is the exact way power gets from the master side to the slave side and how I can change that so the slave can run independent with a single power cord out the back.

AC is split in the master cab and taken to the other side with two wires (neutral and live).

There's a dozen ways to fix your issue, a few good ones and then all sorts of cheap and nasty ways. For instance you could take a regular power cord, cut off the other end, and splice it in the slave side AC wiring. However, this would fall in the bad idea category.

Personally, I would probably look for a master side back panel on eBay.

Back