What's new
Can we get the 27C160 version too.

@iq_132 This seems to be a decrypted one, it's been since 2018 that i looked at this and i'm sorry to say as i am getting older and more stuff happens irl.. Covid, Newborn all made me forget what i did to re-encrypt this thing for a kovsh board.

I tried re-doing my work, byteswapping etc, but this does not boot on my kovsh board. Am i missing something?

@iq_132 This seems to be a decrypted one, it's been since 2018 that i looked at this and i'm sorry to say as i am getting older and more stuff happens irl.. Covid, Newborn all made me forget what i did to re-encrypt this thing for a kovsh board.

I tried re-doing my work, byteswapping etc, but this does not boot on my kovsh board. Am i missing something?

I wrote a little tool to try and make it work on the kovsh conversion carts, but I can't promise it will.
1. download the ddp_j.rar @GC8TECH posted here https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/high-quality-work-from-tim-at-gc8tech.22611/post-361702
2. extract the ddp_j.rar to a folder (should have ddp_j.bin in the folder)
3. download the attachment below
4. extract the files from the attachment below into the same folder as ddp_j.bin
5. either run the encrypt.exe or build your own from the source file provided (gcc extract.cpp -o extract.exe)
6. burn ddp_j_encrypted.bin to a 27c322 and test.

Please note that this is NOT NECESSARY on fluffy carts.

Attachments

• encrypt.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 82
27C160 version . You might have issues running this on a "Fluffy" PCB. But the 27C322 version i "joined" work fine!
IIRC the only difference between the pinout of 27c160 and 27c322 is that pin 32 is /BYTE and not A20. So having the middle jumper set should force it into word mode. Or you could modify the GAL to output A20 as permanently 1 if you don't want to use the jumper.

@iq_132 Thanks again for this one, it works fine, after some initial troubleshooting where i had bad pins on the mobo and corrupt gfx. Then christmas came around and i got sucked up in it lol.

So, thanks again for this one!

@GC8TECH & @iq_132
Do you have a crc for the file i should be using?
I had a free hour today, but the white label (version-a) still crashes for me at the exact same point.
There's mention of the timer on the startup, it still counts down on mine. I'm using a KovSH boot, perhaps the MCU needs some sort of command to keep alive?
Black version B still works fine past the crash point.

If nothing else helps and this works 100% confirmed on non-encrypted boards, how do i stop the MCU from doing its work and run non-encrypted mode?

If nothing else helps and this works 100% confirmed on non-encrypted boards, how do i stop the MCU from doing its work and run non-encrypted mode?
From what I understand the encryption is configured by the boot code on the ASIC. I guess one option would be to remove the ASIC and connect the EPROM directly to the connector, the other is to use a later board that uses the encryption for external ARM code.

@GC8TECH & @iq_132
Do you have a crc for the file i should be using?
I had a free hour today, but the white label (version-a) still crashes for me at the exact same point.
There's mention of the timer on the startup, it still counts down on mine. I'm using a KovSH boot, perhaps the MCU needs some sort of command to keep alive?
Black version B still works fine past the crash point.

Can you make a video of it so I can see exactly where it crashes and see what it does when it crashes? I've got a couple of guesses as to why, but nothing concrete without more info.

@iq_132 The freeze/crash occurs in stage 4, near the 'honeycomb' area. A picture is here:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/any-pgm-conversion-info-out-there.4812/post-131468
The debug info did not show up for me the two times i tried it on the new rom. I did not see if it was time based, as i was not centered, i did take a picture but my phone is dead and charging right now. I'll see if i can make a video tomorrow.

From reading back the thread, there was no r/w to 0x50000-FF when i tried to duplicate in Mame.

I just tried this and when playing white label, the game crashes midway through the fifth level (which is the previously mentioned honeycomb area). I did take a picture of the first crash, and will update this message with it a little later. I was also able to play all the way through black label. @iq_132, Thank you for putting this together.
ddpdojwl_crash.jpg

Last edited:
Is this a lidz or fluffy cart you're trying it on?

It is a conversion cart I put together using the original instructions posted on here before lidz and fluffy carts were available. I can record any video or see if I can reproduce it on mame if it would help narrow down the issue.

Burned this to a 27C322 tonight, also froze on White Label 5th stage. Here's a screen of where it froze, happy to provide any other details that might help. This is in a conversion cart.

20230403_205914.jpg

Back