What's new
Thanks @RGB.... I hope your dog is doing better. My pet cat passed away a year ago... it still hurts remember him.

not sure how the Suzo/Happ PSU's do, but in a normal Jamma cab, the Capcom IO should be powerfull enough for carts.
As long as you don't use Dimms/GDRom you should be fine.
Cool! Thanks for the info!Any recommended PSU for use With Naomi carts and the HAS?
I would say any ATX PSU of 300W should do, depends on how stable the voltages are as Naomi can be a bit picky...
EDIT: the official SUN PSU from a New Net City outputs a lot less then 300W so any decent ATX should do

segapsu.jpg
This is untrue, you need to check the max amperage on each rail of your ATX power supplies. Quite a few have extremely low or no +3.3V rail at all. You need +3.3V at 12A, +5V at 7A, and +12V at 2A. Yes you can probably make things work with less but straying from the Sun PSU specs have resulted in a lot of odd issues on Naomi for users.

@sammargh I agree with some ATX psu not having enough amps on each real, but I do not agree with some not having 3.3v.
It is part of the ATX right?

-5v is not part of ATX

91de2a8b-2f07-4942-aff6-a7eadb830c88

ATX 1.3 and below had -5V as part of the standard. After version 1.3 it became optional, then eventually disappeared completely. Generally anything 2003 and earlier has -5V present.

@sammargh I agree with some ATX psu not having enough amps on each real, but I do not agree with some not having 3.3v.
It is part of the ATX right?

-5v is not part of ATX

91de2a8b-2f07-4942-aff6-a7eadb830c88
Yes, it is a part of ATX connectors however some PSU makers to cut corners pull it from 5V via conversion and provide very little amperage as so little uses it in an ATX setup. This is why you absolutely must check what each rail is rated for rather than blind buying a PSU and throwing it at a Naomi.

Oh YES! I like!

Man, I'm excited about this update!

Will it work with F3 via the SCART on the OSSC now, or is it still via the VGA port (with easier to change jumper/switch settings to help)?

Just curious, did you change the jamma edge due to cost/space? I liked the Hirose connector, it was quite an appealing feature.

@RGB, I'm sorry to hear about your dog, but very glad she is doing well! I am very excited about this revision and cannot wait to get my hands on 3.2! Thanks for working so hard on this project!

Last edited:
Hello @RGB,

Would be very nice to know where we are in the waiting list. Do you keep track? That v3.2 looks simply awesome.

That looks sensational RGB, great work!

I noticed the jamma edge immediately, first noticed that approach with The JAMMA2JVS board. I tried going down the same path myself but the jamma connectors I received had an extremely tight grip on the inserted PCBs, I mean ridiculously tight.

What's new in V3.2?

Back