What's new
JAMMA is mono only, #10 is speaker +, #L is speaker -. The stereo boards like the MVS output L speaker + on #L, R speaker + on #10. GND is speaker - in this case. That's what the switch is for, to route the signals accordingly.
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know some boards supported that.

Reactions: RGB
JAMMA is mono only, #10 is speaker +, #L is speaker -. The stereo boards like the MVS output L speaker + on #L, R speaker + on #10. GND is speaker - in this case. That's what the switch is for, to route the signals accordingly.
So, with MVS, #L is both speaker L and GND?

Also, you don't take Battletoads into account: 10/L is left speaker and 11/M is right speaker (when stereo switch activated).

You don't have ground when driving a mono speaker directly, its only + (10) and - (L).
Jamma_pinout.png

So, with MVS, #L is both speaker L and GND?
Also, you don't take Battletoads into account: 10/L is left speaker and 11/M is right speaker (when stereo switch activated).
I will repeat myself - "The stereo boards like the MVS output L speaker + on #L, R speaker + on #10. GND is speaker - in this case."

Please check the MVS instruction manual for speakers wiring, page 5, "1-4. WIRING DIAGRAM" - http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/files/mv24f.pdf

As for the Battletoads - no offence, but I won't add support to a supergun for one odd PCB game (which I don't even own myself). You're better off using some adapter that will plug in between the Battletoads and the supergun/cabinet. It will be cheaper and faster.

Last edited:
Ah I should have posted this for him (Neo Geo modifications to the JAMMA pinout)...
jamma_pinout_engadget_howto.jpg

You know it's always bothered me that SNK did this with the pinout.
It's no longer "JAMMA" because of button D and Select, not to mention the stereo sound.

I've got a System16 just for example, it uses this pinout...
Pcb_pinout_sega_system16_01.jpg

So what's the point? Sega didn't call this JAMMA, because its NOT in fact JAMMA..
Someone should have put you in your place SNK, obey the rules of the spec or come up with your own damn spec.
TupOxKm.gif

Buttons 4,5,6 have no place on a "JAMMA" edge, same with stereo sound.
Capcom did it right with CPS2, buttons 4,5,6 and stereo sound are all auxiliary connections in addition to the unaltered JAMMA edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, with MVS, #L is both speaker L and GND?Also, you don't take Battletoads into account: 10/L is left speaker and 11/M is right speaker (when stereo switch activated).
I will repeat myself - "The stereo boards like the MVS output L speaker + on #L, R speaker + on #10. GND is speaker - in this case."
Please check the MVS instruction manual for speakers wiring, page 5, "1-4. WIRING DIAGRAM" - http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/files/mv24f.pdf

As for the Battletoads - no offence, but I won't add support to a supergun for one odd PCB game (which I don't even own myself). You're better off using some adapter that will plug in between the Battletoads and the supergun/cabinet. It will be cheaper and faster.
I checked that, and also page 21.
And I rest my case: both pages show #L as "left speaker +". I do not see any ground wiring from #L.
So I guess your phrasing should be understood as "GND is wired directly from PSU to both speakers negative pin", which then would accurately describe the wiring diagram (please correct me if I am wrong).

As for Battletoads, no offence taken. I was just asking and you answered this question without ambiguity, which is exactly what I expected. :)
@jassin000 that MVS pinout is incomplete, test button is also different
It is incomplete indeed and should be discarded.

I checked that, and also page 21.
And I rest my case: both pages show #L as "left speaker +". I do not see any ground wiring from #L.
So I guess your phrasing should be understood as "GND is wired directly from PSU to both speakers negative pin", which then would accurately describe the wiring diagram (please correct me if I am wrong).

As for Battletoads, no offence taken. I was just asking and you answered this question without ambiguity, which is exactly what I expected. :)
It is incomplete indeed and should be discarded.
I should have clarified the GND comes from the PSU, I had taken it for granted that it was self explanatory. Speakers "-" in the wiring diagram, marked in green:
32598865177_42282aab41_z.jpg

Is there a way to permanently disable turbo functions on these?

I was playing CvS2 on Min's and I mustave accidentally set that function like 5 times (I hold LK+Start subconciously to skip intros)

I def want to buy one otherwise.

I can modify the firmware for you, just add a note in the comments section when you pre-order :)

I just wanna say I'm super excited to get one of these. Hopefully I'm able to grab one soon!

I can modify the firmware for you, just add a note in the comments section when you pre-order :)
I would also want to disable turbo modes. How can I update my existing pre-order?

Hold for now, I think I'll make it a selectable feature for all. Maybe holding a button during startup? I just need to check if this doesn't cause any conflict with the existing JAMMA flash boards or controller adapters.

Hold for now, I think I'll make it a selectable feature for all. Maybe holding a button during startup? I just need to check if this doesn't cause any conflict with the existing JAMMA flash boards or controller adapters.
Outstanding!

If disabling turbo means losing button remapping as well I would highly suggest you don't!

That button remapping feature is awesome... Just take Mortal Kombat 1/2 on Midway Y/T Unit for example...
Even if you use Jamma Nation X's awesome Raiden adapter, you can't move the block button (JAMMA button 3) to Supergun button 5.
Raiden can only allow you to move buttons 4/5/6 around via jumpers because it only connects to a CPS2 style kick harness.
u0Sez5h.jpg

It's not problem with HAS/RECO, just enter remapping mode, put button 3 where you want it, save and exit.
Swapping PCBs has never been easier, without remapping support you are stuck having to physically move wires inside the control panel (aka not fun).
I hold LK+Start subconciously to skip intros
Uh... Maybe just DON'T do that (you can still press it, just don't HOLD on it)? ;)
I actually like watching the special intros.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any invoices gone out for HAS preorders yet? I keep checking my email but I don’t know what address it will come from and I get a lot of junk so I am scared I’ll miss it. Q1 ended with March right? Has there been a delay?

Back