What's new
For Sale
I'm planning on getting 2 Astros since he can't get NACs for a while... Shipping is going to run me $500 to my door, so if it's gonna be $3-400 to Boston plus a 10-12 hour round trip and gotta get myself a van at least to move them... Yeah I'm probably too far away for it to make sense for me.

Yeah I'm probably too far away for it to make sense for me
Too bad Kalessin, but I think your right... Bummer about no NACs from Ken, when did they become so rare?
Seems they have gone the way of the Egret 2 or Mini Cute, aka the demand outstripped supply?
The only way you could save some real money on shipping is large order to one location, say like 20 cabs, I think that would bring the shipping price down to the $100-200 range per cab.
This could be the case, my goal was to reduce shipping by 100~200$ per-cab tho... Not 100~200$ per-cab total.
For a discount like that, yea 20 sounds about right. :P

When I ordered my Blast City from Ken the shipping was 600$, of course I wasn't living in Boston at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boston is only 1.5 hours from me but I legit have no room for another cab right now... I am interested to see where this thread goes though.
I will continue to update this thread, even IF I'm the only person placing an order in April time frame.

I titled this thread IC (Interest Check) because I wasn't sure what the reaction would be... Like you I was/am interested.

I'm totally interested but maybe in the far future... Maybe in 2-3yrs I'll get down with an order. Still green to this hobby, and need to learn the ropes on maintaining my cabs.

I am very interested in being a part of a group buy. It is just timing and logistics. How much are just the Astro City Cabinets without shipping?

I thought I should post up because I got a text from "KC" Arcade (guy who has a warehouse in cali/imports games) that he recently got a number of Vewlix cabs in ... L cabs for 1600, F cabs for 2500 and FC cabs for 2600.

I bought my Typing of the Dead machine from this guy after another collector acquaintance of mine had bought a few other machines from him. guy as A LOT of machines, if anyone is interested PM me and I'll you his number.

I thought I should post up because I got a text from "KC" Arcade (guy who has a warehouse in cali/imports games) that he recently got a number of Vewlix cabs in ... L cabs for 1600, F cabs for 2500 and FC cabs for 2600.

I bought my Typing of the Dead machine from this guy after another collector acquaintance of mine had bought a few other machines from him. guy as A LOT of machines, if anyone is interested PM me and I'll you his number.
Is that the gentleman in Rosemead?

Maybe? I don't know exactly where he's located, just that he's in the LA area. He sells on ebay as kc8039 though I think only a very small number of his items are sold there.

EDIT: his eBay profile says Rosemead so maybe the same guy?

Maybe? I don't know exactly where he's located, just that he's in the LA area. He sells on ebay as kc8039 though I think only a very small number of his items are sold there.
EDIT: his eBay profile says Rosemead so maybe the same guy?
Same guy. I've been there! Just make sure you get pics of what you're getting before you get it. I went when he had gotten in 8 or 9 Net Cities mid-November. Some of his cabs look fantastic, others not so much. He can be a bit hard to chat with on the phone because his accent is thick but he's a really nice guy in person.

... He can be a bit hard to chat with on the phone because his accent is thick but he's a really nice guy in person.
That's definitely the guy. The first time I communicated with him was on the phone and I couldn't understand anything he was saying. I finally asked him to text me a pic of the machine I was looking for and found it much easier to communicate by text and email. I'm sure it would have been easier talking to him in person but the accent plus a cell connection just made it really difficult.

Seemed like a really nice guy and I love the machine I bought from him. He's probably the best contact I've made in the US for getting hard to find machines.

Dude txts me out of the blue every few months with pics of new machines he got in which is kind of cool :D

Dude txts me out of the blue every few months with pics of new machines he got in which is kind of cool :D
Same here. As well as GIFs on every holiday, lol.

Does he do special orders of sorts, or just happens to have hard to find machines on hand? I've only ever dealt with him regarding on-hand inventory. There are a couple things I'd love to be able to track down...

Email to KC sent... I'm very interested to see what he has, the prices sound competitive.

Jassin, keep us post brother.

Lets see what KC has or can get, condition of the machines and at what prices. I am looking to get a few cabs if the price is right, even if it inst, I will probably still get them.

I am looking to head to the west coast once winter is over to check a few of these arcade cab sellers and I am also planning a a little vacation to Japan in the summer and see what arcade stuff I can get and maybe develop some hardware/cabs sales contacts there.

Email to KC sent... I'm very interested to see what he has, the prices sound competitive.
Keep me posted as well please. I know I'm already in CA, but an updated stock list doesn't hurt, and if you guys decided you wanted to order a whole bunch from him I wouldn't mind helping out if need be since I'm local.

Keep me posted as well please. I know I'm already in CA, but an updated stock list doesn't hurt, and if you guys decided you wanted to order a whole bunch from him I wouldn't mind helping out if need be since I'm local.
That would be awesome rewrite, if we do buy from him, maybe you can inspect the cabs that we want?

Good luck with the group buy...

Just a note - Jasen from the suppergun did a group buy on the new Vewlix Chinese nock off for $1500 each... which I missed that group buy but I will keep my eyes out for something like that again. I would love to buy a Vewlix C but it would have to be a local unit that I can personally see and test out.

also I found this info on Build your own arcade.. I got 2 Egrets II from FL to Northern Virginia and they were the cheapest (I got like 7 different quotes including from uship) But they did brake one of the Egret II illumination panel, everything else arrived great.

Michelle Bianchi

Mbianchi@precision-nal.com
630-352-3312 direct
877-432-COIN (toll free)

you are correct that she no longer works for Navl, She is a agent for Navl
She still is in the business and does a fine job.
hope this clears up your concern

So I've been emailing back and forth with Koun (KC) of L A Amusement, INC.

He provided me with prices and pictures immediately upon contact...

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_3653.JPG

Vewlix L-AMI (blue) = 1,600$
Vewlix F = 2,200$
Vewlix C (red) = 2,500$

Bonus 100$ off each additional cab if ordering more than one (ie first F 2,200 next F 2,100).

Above Vewlix C's (aka FC aka Capcom) cabs, the same officially used for USF4's 2009 release.
This is the Vewlix model I've chosen to purchase...

Last night I sent a partial payment/deposit of 1,000$ (approximately 1/3rd of the total including the 450$ shipping) to secure one of his 4 remaining units.

What dose this mean for my original April time frame? Well if everything goes smoothly with this purchase potentially nothing. That is to say if I'm happy with this order I would be open to another, IF others are interested in putting something larger together.

As pointed out above, grouping an order together really only provides significant savings once you hit around the 6~20 cab mark.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed information and advice to this post, and of course I will be continuing to update as this first order unfolds.

Back