What's new
For Sale
I know he's got 1 Blast and 3 Net City as of two days ago. I bugged him to see if he had any NAC.

what was he looking for on the init d cab? I'd love to get a vewlix c but I custom built a pretty nice one (my avatar) and I need to convince the wife to let me get a pinball still. Highly doubt I'll convince her to do both. She loves auto racing/ NASCAR so I might convince her on a driving cab.

Any idea if he has any CRT candy cabs for sale?
I didn't ask about any CRTs... Interest being low, I was only after my Vewlix.
I did ask about a Init-D RC, he sent me a mms/video of another RC cab he had in stock.

Derick have you been in contact/decided yet? I want to get it shipped out sometime next week. :D
I put the 2 C cabs on hold with him, I am still unclear on a few things regarding his shipping. From what I understood, the savings in shipping is due to either not using a truck with a liftgate or to deliver to trucking terminal and I pick it up. Communications with this guy is so difficult.

At this point, If I get them, I will have to get the 2 cabs shipped directly to me. At 275lb each, its just not something I want to wrangle with on my own.

Jassin, how did he tell you he would package and ship?

Yes he said something to that effect to me as well "IF you put on same pallet and pick up from terminal"...
I believe were his exact words.

So yea, lets just do this the normal way... You have yours shipped to you, I'll have mine shipped to me. That way no one has to mess around with lifting heavy cabs into a van/truck. The discount just isn't worth the hassle with only two/three cabs.

I'll let him know today, thanks Derick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the 2 C cabs on hold with him, I am still unclear on a few things regarding his shipping. From what I understood, the savings in shipping is due to either not using a truck with a liftgate or to deliver to trucking terminal and I pick it up. Communications with this guy is so difficult.
At this point, If I get them, I will have to get the 2 cabs shipped directly to me. At 275lb each, its just not something I want to wrangle with on my own.

Jassin, how did he tell you he would package and ship?
They're incredibly light for an arcade cab. I don't know if it's the way the weight is distributed or what. Unless you have a flight of stairs you can wrangle them entirely on your own without any help, they're on wheels. We've got a flight of stairs outside the apartment (live on the second level) and it only took two of us to bring it upstairs, just popped off the control panel (has to be 60-70 lbs on its own and only a handful of bolts), and right up the stairs.

what was he looking for on the init d cab? I'd love to get a vewlix c but I custom built a pretty nice one (my avatar) and I need to convince the wife to let me get a pinball still. Highly doubt I'll convince her to do both. She loves auto racing/ NASCAR so I might convince her on a driving cab.
The Init D cab is $4500. I am also looking to get that one. For now its either that or the 2 C cabs, so went for the 2 C cabs.

I dig down this old post that I came across when I was looking for a vewlix.. According to this article there is an LCD 1080p replacement for the Vewlix..back then my plan was to get a C and replace the monitor ( the currently one are 1080i and not full 1080p) with one of the new ones and place in a PC for all the fighting games....

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=30518

In another note please post pictures of your purchase once you receive your units.. I would love to see your new pride and joy toy:)

I dig down this old post that I came across when I was looking for a vewlix.. According to this article there is an LCD 1080p replacement for the Vewlix..back then my plan was to get a C and replace the monitor ( the currently one are 1080i and not full 1080p) with one of the new ones and place in a PC for all the fighting games....

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=30518

In another note please post pictures of your purchase once you receive your units.. I would love to see your new pride and joy toy:)
The 1080p Vewlix monitors run somewhere in the 2k+ prior to shipping, last I knew. On the chance that you ever do decide to go through with such an endeavor, I'd certainly purchase the old one off of you :).

I asked for pictures of the exact cab KC would be sending me and to firm up shipping details...

image06.png

image01.png

image04.png

image05.png

Awesome Jassin, looks really good, totally gorgeous.

What did you arrange with him on the shipping/packaging? This is the one thing that worried me the most and he was not to clear on that. The only thing I got from him is that it was going to be packed loose on the truck and the shipping company would put a moving blanket on it. I ended up cancelling the hold on the 2 cabs; I couldnt get him to guarantee proper protection/packaging to endure a trip cross country being tossed about and moved from truck to truck. Which is what usually happen in freight shipping.

But, I am interested on that Init. D 8 cab he has and we worked out a good price, I just have to arrange shipping, because I cant unload that off a truck with no liftgae myself as he suggested I do with the Vewlix cabs. The shipping was still $800 for the 2 cabs and this didnt included liftgate service and inside delivery like at least UPS freight does.

Please keep us posted once you get it.

Awesome Jassin, looks really good, totally gorgeous.

What did you arrange with him on the shipping/packaging? This is the one thing that worried me the most and he was not to clear on that. The only thing I got from him is that it was going to be packed loose on the truck and the shipping company would put a moving blanket on it. I ended up cancelling the hold on the 2 cabs; I couldnt get him to guarantee proper protection/packaging to endure a trip cross country being tossed about and moved from truck to truck. Which is what usually happen in freight shipping.

But, I am interested on that Init. D 8 cab he has and we worked out a good price, I just have to arrange shipping, because I cant unload that off a truck with no liftgae myself as he suggested I do with the Vewlix cabs. The shipping was still $800 for the 2 cabs and this didnt included liftgate service and inside delivery like at least UPS freight does.

Please keep us posted once you get it.
Strapped and wrapped to a pallet with a blanket over it is standard shipping on arcade cabs. I don't think you're going to find anyone who ships any other way to be quite honest. It's how Ken ships, Matsu ships, apparently how KC ships as well. If it's insured, it's insured. There's no real reason to worry about it. $800 seems steep for two cabs though, usually you save a little when shipping more than one.

I'm surprised the CP isn't in shipping position. There are brackets that come with the cabinet that allow for the CP to be bolted on vertically, allowing for slim shipping. That's how I got my F from Ken.

I'm surprised the CP isn't in shipping position. There are brackets that come with the cabinet that allow for the CP to be bolted on vertically, allowing for slim shipping. That's how I got my F from Ken.
While I knew that was an option, my F came from Ken in playing position. The cab's smaller than your average pallet, so I bet it just doesn't make a difference from a shipping cost perspective. You save space but still get charged for shipping a pallet of X weight.

it makes putting Two on the same pallet, or putting it into an SUV (like I did when I picked it up from him) easier ;)

..The only thing I got from him is that it was going to be packed loose on the truck and the shipping company would put a moving blanket on it. I ended up cancelling the hold on the 2 cabs; I couldnt get him to guarantee proper protection/packaging to endure a trip cross country being tossed about and moved from truck to truck. Which is what usually happen in freight shipping....
The Typing cab I bought from him was shipped loose and was totally fine.

Similarly I've had cabs shipped on pallets that arrived broken. My DDR cab arrived with the marquee glass shattered and the marquee box splitting apart at the seems. It was impossible to tell before the truck left because the marquee section had been removed and laid on it's back stacked on top of the dance platform sections then wrapped in several layers of cellophane. it looked like someone placed something heavy on top of it not realizing that the top was thin plexiglas. Then because the marquee box wasn't designed to be laid on it's back the weight of the speakers hanging off the sides put undue stress on the corners of the box and caused it to pull itself apart every time the truck hit a bump. The irony is that had the marquee not been removed and simply shipped bolted to the top of the machine it would have likely arrived in-tact.

Honestly, with candy cabs you're probably better off NOT shipping them on a pallet because the stress of the tie-downs is likely to crack the plastic casing or put bends in the marquee section. those cabs aren't made to be strapped down like that.

Back