What's new
For Sale
J

jassin000

Since Taito has discontinued the official JAMMA Kit, it's crossed my mind to purchase an entire Vewlix F cab just to take this part from it (provided I can find one).
I'm just gauging interest right now, as buying an entire cab for the purpose of part-out is a bit extreme.

Still, I think if given enough interest we can all harvest these hard to find/expensive parts collectively, saving a bunch in the process.
Let's start by listing all the pieces in a standard Vewlix F (and who wants em)...

• LCD Monitor x1 ( @wigsplitta $?)
  • White side panel plastics x1 ( @rewrite $?)
  • White top panel plastics x1 ( @rewrite $?)
  • White control panel plastics left/right x1
  • Rear/front access doors x1 ( @twistedsymphony 200$)
  • Coin bucket/door x1
  • Coin mech holder/door x1
  • 100 Yen Coin mech x1
  • Speaker box x2 ( @Derick2k $?)
  • Cab wiring ?
  • Illuminated move-strip x1 ( @jassin000 200$)
  • Illuminated marquee x1 ( @jassin000 150$)
  • Illuminated plexi marquee holder x1 ( @jassin000 50$)
  • JVS power supply x1
  • JVS IO x1
  • 1-Player Control panel plate x1
  • 1-Player Control panel harness x1 ( @rewrite 25$)
  • Control IO mounting plate x1 ( @Derick2k $?)
  • Control panel bolt x4 ( @Derick2k $?)
  • Control panel thumbscrew x2 ( @Derick2k $?)
  • Control panel rear upper x1
  • Control panel surround x1
  • Cab frame x1
  • Cab feet left/right x1 ( @ThisGuy $?)
  • Wooden PCB mount x1
  • Cab/speaker PSU x1
Money remaining to purchase cab: 875$

Last edited by a moderator:
If the white side/top plastics are better than mine, I'd be interested.

Since Taito has discontinued the official JAMMA Kit
I believe @Derick2k said a while back that he'd be willing to send one my way in order to see if they could be reproduced (sans scaler).

Yup, I want the Speaker Boxes for sure,
I might take the IO and Card Reader if it has it

The card reader isn't really standard equipment in the F.
However it is noted, and if I can find one I'll keep you in mind. :)

You would still have the frame, legs, control panel and side plastics, coin box + door/coin mech. A lot of stuff to still part out.

You would still have the frame, legs, control panel and side plastics, coin box + door/coin mech. A lot of stuff to still part out.
I'm working on updating the available parts list now.
Tons of different types of screws would be coming out of this as well (not sure how to list them).

I'm working on updating the available parts list now.Tons of different types of screws would be coming out of this as well.
I would take the 4 bolts that hold the control panel in place to the cab, and the 2 big thumb screws inside the control panel. And I need the metal tray that hold the io in place as well :)

Someone can get a lot of parts and turn their Chewlix into an almost 100% real vewlix :)

Someone can get a lot of parts and turn their Chewlix into an almost 100% real vewlix
I'll do you one better... Someone could buy a dirty cheap local Vewlix with a busted/shattered LCD (I have seen them around) then replace it with this part out.

If no ones claimed it- I would like the illuminated move panel. Edit- saw it’s been claimed.

Since Taito has discontinued the official JAMMA Kit, it's crossed my mind to purchase an entire Vewlix F cab just to take this part from it (provided I can find one).
I'm just gauging interest right now, as buying an entire cab for the purpose of part-out is a bit extreme.

Still, I think if given enough interest we can all harvest these hard to find/expensive parts collectively, saving a bunch in the process.
Let's start by listing all the pieces in a standard Vewlix F (and who wants em)...

• LCD Monitor x1
  • White sides/top plastics x1 ( @rewrite )
  • Rear/front access doors x1 ( @twistedsymphony I'm going to assume you want these)
  • Coin bucket/door x1
  • Coin mech x1
  • Speaker boxes x2 ( @Derick2k )
  • Cab wiring ?
  • Illumination move-strip/marquee x1 ( @jassin000 )
  • JVS power supply x1
  • JVS IO x1
  • Control IO mounting plate x1 ( @Derick2k )
  • Control panel bolts x4 ( @Derick2k )
  • Control panel thumbscrews x2 ( @Derick2k )
  • Cab frame x1
  • Cab feet left/right x1
  • Wooden PCB mount x1
I'm interested in Keys and Locks

@jassin000 not to derail the thread but I do have the taito scalar and a NNC jamma adapter that I'm not using. I don't know if your heart is set of the official full kit (guessing that's the scalar and some other adapter) but I'd sell/trade it to you if you want it. I picked it up from Bill a while ago mostly because it sounded like a nice addition, not because I had an immediate use for it. I did hook it up and test it, and it does need a cable to power the scalar (i just wired up a temporary one to test). iirc there was a really clean way to connect it with proper parts, but at the end of the day it's just 5v and gnd.

Anyway, just an option for you.

If no ones claimed it- I would like the illuminated move panel. Edit- saw it’s been claimed.
Welcome to the main reason why I'm interested in a part-out (no other way to get these). :)
I'm interested in Keys and Locks
Sorry man, locks/keys are unreliable (because arcade operators swap them out) I can't count on them being present/available for this part-out. ;(

I know it's not cheap, but I recommend contacting Taito directly and ordering them, they are called 1155 locks/keys.
Now if your looking for the tongs (which are placed at the end of the locks) that might be different. :huh:
not to derail the thread but I do have the taito scalar
Well this is actually the #2 reason why I'm interested in a part-out, not the main reason.

Also I had a shot at that scaler (I believe it was offered to me first *snicker*) but I turned it down.
Reason being, even IF I copied/cloned my existing Taito JAMMA loom, I'd still be missing the interconnect PCB that go's inside the control panel.
Sure it would be nothing/easy to hack something together, but my feeling is...

I didn't buy a Taito Vewlix to put hacked up/homemade parts inside it, if I wanted that I would have saved some coin and gotten a Chewlix instead. ;)

Sounds good, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't sitting on stuff that would be useful for your continued efforts. (Efforts that usually end up benefiting everyone else around here too, at least everyone with a flat panel monitor).

Sounds good, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't sitting on stuff that would be useful for your continued efforts. (Efforts that usually end up benefiting everyone else around here too, at least everyone with a flat panel monitor).
Jason is spearheading the efforts of 15Khz on HD flat panels for sure.

I will take the entire control panel if its not rusted to hell. Unless someone wants the whole frame/cp.

Last edited:
I imagine the cost of shipping (and pain in the ass packing) would be a bit prohibitive, but I'd be interested in the Monitor :D (providing it's definitely the Sanwa model)

Last edited:
IF we end up gutting an F, it is expected/will have the Sanwa original LCD inside it.

I actually shipped my original Capcom LCD to @SNK-NEO-GEO and I believe it was around 100$+? Let's see if he remembers/responds.
If I remember correctly they (UPS) put a huge gouge mark in the packaging, inside it only ended having a single nick in the bezel metal (aka should prob pick someone else).

I think we've covered enough components/parts to start a sort of bidding/raising effort (amount for part only, shipping will be extra) to see where we stand on the cab itself.
I'm going by the @Cereth price of 1500$ and not including the STI shipping to myself (because if this actually ends up reaching the funding goal It will be bundled/packaged with my other order).

@jassin000 400$
  • Illuminated move-strip x1 200$
  • Illuminated marquee x1 150$
  • Illuminated plexi marquee holder x1 50$
Remaining money to be raised 1100$

@wigsplitta ?$
  • LCD Monitor x1 ?$
@rewrite ?$
  • White side panel plastics x1 ?$
  • White top panel plastics x1 ?$
@Derick2k ?$
  • Speaker box x2 ?$
  • Control IO mounting plate x1 ?$
  • Control panel bolt x4 ?$
  • Control panel thumbscrew x2 ?$
@ThisGuy ?$
  • Cab feet left/right x1 ?$
Reamaining/unspoken for
  • Rear/front access doors x1 ( @twistedsymphony still unconfirmed)
  • Coin bucket/door x1
  • 100 Yen Coin mech x1
  • Cab wiring ?
  • JVS power supply x1
  • JVS IO x1
  • Cab frame x1
  • Wooden PCB mount x1
  • Cab/speaker PSU x1
So... What's this stuff worth to you guys? ;)
Remember, unspoken for parts can still be claimed/bidded upon to help us reach our goal.

Back