What's new
I have a spare CPS1 InfiniKey Q-Type kit - can I use it as a "normal" CPS1 Infinikey?

Is the q-type c-board pin compatible with a "normal one" and if I choose (for example) dip switches for "KDx", will they work on the "Q-type" even when "KDx" is not listed on the Q-Type PCB?

The thing is that I bought one kit for my Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, but it didn't need the Infinikey after all. I'd need Infinikey for Magic Sword (broken c-board) and Three Wonders (suicided) but they're out of stock - and was thinking about using the Q-Type for them (reviving Three Wonders and also using its c-board with infinikey to emulate Magic Sword's broken c-board) if it's possbile. Thought about giving it a try but decided to ask about it first - better be safe than sorry and I really don't want to accidentally break a precious CPS-B-21 :)

Hello
could you tell me where i can find an infinikey q board for my muscle bomber duo ?
Regards
Pierre

I have a spare CPS1 InfiniKey Q-Type kit - can I use it as a "normal" CPS1 Infinikey?

Is the q-type c-board pin compatible with a "normal one" and if I choose (for example) dip switches for "KDx", will they work on the "Q-type" even when "KDx" is not listed on the Q-Type PCB?
Yep, they are functionally identical. You just have to be extra careful of pin alignment when plugging in, since there are no plastic shrouds to guide you.

Hello
could you tell me where i can find an infinikey q board for my muscle bomber duo ?
Regards
Pierre
I have multiple distributors and you can also buy directly through me. Where are you located?
-ud

Fixed my glitching (vertical lines in some background tiles) Varth (world version so no suicide battery) with the qsound infinikey + c-board from suicided three wonders. Works perfectly! THANK YOU!!!

(Sadly couldn't revive three wonders. The game used to work fine, but it suicided year or two ago. Now if I boot it with the suicided c-board or infinikey + c-board it makes no difference: mostly I get a black screen (with sync), sometimes black screen + random music track playing fine but blank screen with sync & no response to any controls. I guess the next thing to do is to swap PALs & roms to another b-board just in case the b-board is broken.)

@undamned if I wanted to use the C-Board Infinity key to program a battery backed board (for use without the infinity key going forward) Do I need to disconnect the battery to "clear" it before reprogramming?

I still need a infinikey-cps1-q if anyone has one extra I'd appreciate it as I'd like to revive my punisher

or does anyone know an easy way to reprogram the suicide? my friend @XianXi has it and is smart enough to follow instructions. me on other hand stuff like that i have no idea what im doing.

I think I have the same thread posted here. Let me see if I can find it

Doesn’t look like I did but you don’t need an AA account to read the guide.

Last edited:
I've decided to make a mechanical change to the design of the CPS1-Q type PCB to greatly improve DFM (design for manufacutability). Original design required hand modifying connectors and other wonkiness.

I don't have them available, but just know that things are in fact moving :)
-ud

Back