What's new
I would be interested in 1 :) I have a consolized Naomi 2 which has been a lot of fun! I imagine a mulit would support both naomi and naomi 2.

@Derick2k so given the one year anniversary of this *teaser* thread is rapidly approaching...

@Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w "May I have some porridge?"

Is this even *potentially* a thing, are we looking at 12 pages of people dreaming? Have you lost interest in this as a concept?

I remember there being some light hints that "something better" was on the way, when people asked about the state of the scene re: Netbooting.

We gonna see you boys at Wrestlemania, or what? I'm trying to smell what you are cooking. Are you even cooking?

Well, here is a hint, I have sold off all my netdimms. I’m actually testing the last 2 before I ship them out.

@rewrite we as a group already had the “dead media” conversation surrounding the CDROM (bit flipping?) support in the Naomi BIOS, so surely that can’t be it? GDROMS are just as dead as CDs

What Omron connector part number is used for the cart connections?

I remembered the proper name and then found @nem already shared the connector here Converting GDROM NAOMI games to cart.

Last edited:
Well, here is a hint, I have sold off all my netdimms. I’m actually testing the last 2 before I ship them out.
So what you're saying is you're going strictly GD-ROM from now on?!
No quite, just went with carts and cart conversions from Joerg, I almost grabbed a hammer to the netdimms and naomis fiddiling with voltage adjustments/gigawatt psus, net/zero key pic BS and what not. Carts are plug and play, zero issues, load up everytime. To those that have solid netboot/cf setup, you are blessed/play the lotto. :D

Last edited:
Yeah I was one trying to push this into production but unfortunately it looks like I was unsuccessful. I would love to toss all of my DIMMs in the bin never to be used again... :(

To be fair to Darksoft he has always been cold to the idea (icy) and never wanted to do it so it was a battle I figured I would not win. At this point there are so many projects in queue already that I'm comfortable knowing a Naomi multi will not be coming from us.

Even though I know it would sell extremely well.

@rewrite we as a group already had the “dead media” conversation surrounding the CDROM (bit flipping?) support in the Naomi BIOS, so surely that can’t be it? GDROMS are just as dead as CDs

What Omron connector part number is used for the cart connections?

I remembered the proper name and then found @nem already shared the connector here Converting GDROM NAOMI games to cart.
I was just being silly, honestly.

Unlike @Derick2k I've never had an issue with either of my netboot setups. Just turn on the cab and it works.

My single complaint is needing to remember what cabinet settings are required on a per game basis.

No quite, just went with carts and cart conversions from Joerg, I almost grabbed a hammer to the netdimms and naomis fiddiling with voltage adjustments/gigawatt psus, net/zero key pic BS and what not. Carts are plug and play, zero issues, load up everytime. To those that have solid netboot/cf setup, you are blessed/play the lotto. :D
Same here, no NetDimm in my setup anymore :D

Same here, no NetDimm in my setup anymore :D
So how are you guys using your Naomis? Joerg has only a couple of combination of games I think.

So how are you guys using your Naomis? Joerg has only a couple of combination of games I think.
You can kinda get him to make you just about any combination of games as longs as they fit in the cart memory. I think he does any 1 or 2 naomi game per cart, and up to 4 Atomiswave games. He might steer you towards certain games, or he might tell you cant, not sure what he does now, but when I ordered my carts he did the games I wanted.

I only have original carts currently, and Atomiswave I run on original hardware so no need for those on Naomi as well :)

You can kinda get him to make you just about any combination of games as longs as they fit in the cart memory. I think he does any 1 or 2 naomi game per cart, and up to 4 Atomiswave games. He might steer you towards certain games, or he might tell you cant, not sure what he does now, but when I ordered my carts he did the games I wanted.
He hasnt replied to my emails since June 18 - I told him I didn't want Cyvern :( I did get a couple of PGM carts and a few STV carts (before getting DS STV cart). Is he still active? I might try to mail him again? I guess I will stick to netbooting till I get some other source.

He hasnt replied to my emails since June 18 - I told him I didn't want Cyvern :( I did get a couple of PGM carts and a few STV carts (before getting DS STV cart). Is he still active? I might try to mail him again? I guess I will stick to netbooting till I get some other source.
I had to contact him through a different email.

joerg.hartenberger@gmx.at

He's charging 250 euros shipped now for the 2-in-1 cartridge plus modbios.

Back