What's new
For Sale

dinahcc

Student
Reaction score
So I got a konami windy recently and it is a beautiful machine I just wanted to know the over under value of it and might sell it if the price is right. The crt has a bit of a collapse on the left side and idk how to mess with crts as this is my first and only cab. Its running a naomi right now with mvc2 which would be included. Just wanna know what I got.

Attachments

• 20200602_195846.jpg
    20200602_195846.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 343
  • 20200602_195805.jpg
    20200602_195805.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 20200602_200113.jpg
    20200602_200113.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 278
My guess is about $1500 for the cab and like $200 for the game. The monitor is pretty much everything though so maybe significantly less. I'd need to see the monitor. It's not an easy or common one to service.

What chassis/tube does it come with?

My guess is about $1500 for the cab
Big disagree.

Monitor issues, so-so shape. 800-1k. Maybe 1200 if you sit on it a while or find a desperate buyer.

And a quick scan of eBay puts MvC2 at 200+ for the cart alone, so probably closer to 300 on that since you can't run it without a Naomi (so it must be included I'd imagine).

For sure thanks for giving me the over and under. Probably won't sell it considering the money I put into it myself ,but I appreciate it! I think I'd stand more to gain giving it some tlc than selling it at this point. As for the chassis/tube idk I couldn't find a logo anywhere and it could be in better condition , I don't wanna mess with that part too much as I got shocked messing with it the first time I went in the back.

Oh man! Don't feel too bad, it could've been worse...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200605-120508__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20200605-120508__01.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 123
lmao! Holy crap and its a windy too (2) ! Every bump in the road was stressful as hell lol

As for the chassis/tube idk I couldn't find a logo anywhere and it could be in better condition , I don't wanna mess with that part too much as I got shocked messing with it the first time I went in the back.
Working on these from the back is a fool's errand for sure. Better to disconnect what you can through that rear hatch then yank the whole thing out.

As for the chassis/tube idk I couldn't find a logo anywhere and it could be in better condition , I don't wanna mess with that part too much as I got shocked messing with it the first time I went in the back.
Working on these from the back is a fool's errand for sure. Better to disconnect what you can through that rear hatch then yank the whole thing out.
I second this. Satan's Arcade is filled with Konami cabs.

The chassis is a Nanao MS9. The pincushion could either be damage to the chassis in transit, a pot adjustment, or the yoke has shifted but that would be an odd result. This was my cab and I used it at conventions around CA playing Gradius for a few years :) . I'll miss having a Konami game running on a Konami cab but the virus sure made it a rough first half of the year, sold off half my convention cabs.

I'll miss having a Konami game running on a Konami cab but the virus sure made it a rough first half of the year, sold off half my convention cabs.
Sorry to hear as much. Hopefully things are improving for you!

The chassis is a Nanao MS9. The pincushion could either be damage to the chassis in transit, a pot adjustment, or the yoke has shifted but that would be an odd result. This was my cab and I used it at conventions around CA playing Gradius for a few years :) . I'll miss having a Konami game running on a Konami cab but the virus sure made it a rough first half of the year, sold off half my convention cabs.
Was this cab yours specifically?

The reason I'm asking is because most Windy cabs (including my Windy II) come with a Toshiba chassis. I'm wondering if yours was swapped out for an MS9 (or I could be wrong)

It's hard to source a lot of information on these cabs so any knowledge is appreciated. :)

Trade ya an X-men 4-player cab for your windy. :)

Was this cab yours specifically?<br style="background-color: rgb(241, 245, 250);"><br style="background-color: rgb(241, 245, 250);">The reason I'm asking is because most Windy cabs (including my Windy II) come with a Toshiba chassis. I'm wondering if yours was swapped out for an MS9 (or I could be wrong)<br style="background-color: rgb(241, 245, 250);"><br style="background-color: rgb(241, 245, 250);">It's hard to source a lot of information on these cabs so any knowledge is appreciated. :)
The Nanao MS9 was already in it. You're right that an original chassis would've been Toshiba. Don't remember the model # off the top of my head.

The Nanao MS9 was already in it. You're right that an original chassis would've been Toshiba. Don't remember the model # off the top of my head.
Thats awesome. An MS9 would be a cool chassis to have in one.

Heck, I wish I had one in my Windy II now.

Does anyone know if the Windy 1 tube is compatible with an MS9?

CRT looks fine to me; just needs adjustment. I put the cab value at $800-$1000. MvC2 at $400 ($150 for Capcom I/O, $200 for MvC2 cart, $50 for Naomi mainboard).

Get yourself a buddy and see if someone in your area has a 27"/29" frame that you can borrow. Then take that cab apart and clean it good with Simple Green. Do the same to the CRT. Take advantage of the summer heat and let it dry under shade. Blow standing water out of it with compressed air first.

As for the CRT's image, as you take it out of the cab, check if any of the magnets on the yoke fell out along the white casing. If so, replace them (might be sitting in the cab somewhere if it fell out). Check if the yoke spacers fell out and if the yoke now sits incorrectly on the neck. If so, refasten the yoke in place find a new wedge to replace the yoke spacer. While you have the monitor out, calibrate it. Helps if you have an RGB, AC, Demag extension cable so you can do the calibration outside of the cab. Makes getting to the pots more accessible. You can make one with spare wire if you are determined enough to.

I have to ask: if you just bought it, you must know what you paid, and in turn what it's worth.

Knowing who it came from means we know you didn't get a $200 CL steal and are actually clueless. The asking price is known publicly too. You know it's worth a grand thereabouts.

Last edited:
Back