What's new

nam9

Champion
Reaction score
Hi, Just wanted to reach out to anyone who might be interested in upgrading their Gundam stick to offer the same travel as an og Monkey Ball setup.
The main factor here is the restrictor disc (purple) residing in the base of the unit. Gundum units are 40mm outer diameter while MB is 45.5mm.

IMG_3150 (1).jpg

@plasticfactory has very kindly offered to attempt a CNC repoduction of the og Monkey Ball disc as shown below:

Disc.png

The plan would be to machine these (no 3D printing) from a similarly tough/suitable material (glass filled nylon, wear resistant POM or Delrin), with a target price around $15-20 each at Q10-20.
I would therefore like to run a quick interest check here now.

Tagging with apologies: @twistedsymphony @djsheep @opt2not @Kavas @snakeGrave @PASTBLASTER @mltv @VoldoJF @PlayYing @zero238 @8bitforlife @clam_wattson @rogersta @mR_CaESaR @Lemony Vengeance @-Dazed @Jambofan @notsonic @Rankil @tDRG @asra @bagheera369 @streetfighterken @Kidkaos @XeD

If anyone here has access to both an original Monkey Ball and Gundam stick setup - please let me know.
There are a few other factors to sense check here.

Thanks in advance!

notsonic x2
Kidkaos x1
Hakkyokuken x1
twistedsymphony x2
MickyMac x5
jamesv833 x2
tDRG x2
Kavas x1
neSneSgB x2
djsheep x1
mR_CaESaR x2
nem x2
rewrite x1
opt2not x2
Jambofan x1
alberto1225 x2
jamesv833 x2
anselmo x1
a10pilot x1

30 at present count (myself included) :thumbup:

Last edited:
Edit:
I'll take 2!

I'd take one or two if I can find or be pointed to an original Gundam stick 😅 the cheap aliexpress joystick makes the game unplayable in the harder stages. I've calibrated the pots to the best of my ability and my stick still has "forward" drift when at rest.

Last edited:
The plan would be to machine these (no 3D printing) from a similarly tough/suitable material (glass filled nylon, wear resistant POM or Delrin), with a target price around $15-20 each at Q10-20.
I would therefore like to run a quick interest check here now.
in for 2

Yep works now thanks.

I'm definitely keen on this. I played on an original setup and immediately noticed the difference compared to the Gundam setup

Thanks for the tag.

I’m in for 2, please!

Back