What's new

jitu757

Student
Reaction score
NAOMI board is powered by 200w atx psu and the jamma is powered by arcade psu. As you can see the mobo getting power and boots up but I get the jamma I/o board not found error. I have tried switching out the arcade psu and got the same error.

I have played the game in another cab that was connected to arcade psu only and the NAOMI board got power from the i/o board.

How do I troubleshoot this issue?

6831B1B8-5C83-43DE-A32A-C30FF06AF7B5.jpeg
BE639330-B2A4-42E2-8BEB-F04DD41B8AEB.jpeg
61EED669-3C77-4B1D-A355-2CF7D7A900A6.jpeg

which io are you using and please post a pic how you connected it

ah dang, i dont have any experience with htat one. i as using a sega jamma io and my issue was i wasnt using the usb a instead of the usb b port. was hoping that was the same issue you were encountering. someone with more knowledge on that will come help, for sure

Change or get a new usb cable to data/printer , or check the usb port of the sega naomi if the pins is clean or the usb block had been broken

Are you SURE the Capcom IO is powering up?
That PSU looks a little ruff, can you show voltage under load (ie measure the voltage going into the Capcom IO while on).

How are you powering the Capcom IO?
Why would the Capcom i/o need to be powered if he isn't using a net dimm? I've never had an issue using the Capcom i/o without powering it on.

Why would the Capcom i/o need to be powered
Because like all electronics the Capcom IO won't function without power?
I mean is this a real question?

How to you think the Capcom IO functions?

No I'm not saying the Capcom IO is powering the Naomi, he has a dedicated ATX PSU for that.
I'm saying the Capcom IO itself needs power, or it dose nothing.

Because like all electronics the Capcom IO won't function without power?
I mean is this a real question?

How to you think the Capcom IO functions?

No I'm not saying the Capcom IO is powering the Naomi, he has a dedicated ATX PSU for that.
I'm saying the Capcom IO itself needs power, or it dose nothing.
It's 100% serious. I'm telling you I've used it without powering it on and get kicks just fine. Albeit I only used it in my Blasts, maybe with other cabs it needs more juice 🤔 I'm really not trolling just telling you I've NEVER added power to it other than the jamma edge which does its job giving me 3 kicks and volume control on the pot. I haven't had a single issue not powering it on through that molex connector

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220725-195324_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220725-195324_Chrome.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 54
The 12v coming off your power supply is an orange wire. The 12v on your jamma harness is a yellow wire. Are they spliced together somewhere not pictured?

From what i understand, Capcom i/o is powered via Jamma edge, you dont need to hook up that cable as per photo.
Try to unplug this cable and test again. I think it should shows no issue with I/O board error

Attachments

• 5BF1FB45-5AD0-4C6F-8431-2621DDD454CA.jpeg
    5BF1FB45-5AD0-4C6F-8431-2621DDD454CA.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 56
I have had I/O error with Taito Type X2 as well when I plug the molex cable onto the Capcom I/O, have had this issue for many many times, then one day i just unplug the molex cable and everything works fine, no more I/O error issues. I can confirm that Capcom I/O gets powered via Jamma edge

the white JST VL connector is for output and not input. As stated above, input power comes from the jamma edge and the white connector is there to power a JVS games.

Are you SURE the Capcom IO is powering up?
That PSU looks a little ruff, can you show voltage under load (ie measure the voltage going into the Capcom IO while on).
You might be right about the switching psu...I tested (+5) and (+12) terminals on the psu and they were way above that. (+5) was showing little above (+6) and (+12) was showing in the (+16)

I was not able to get a reading on the jamma edge tho. Going to try again later by pulling the harness out more for easier access.

I have had I/O error with Taito Type X2 as well when I plug the molex cable onto the Capcom I/O, have had this issue for many many times, then one day i just unplug the molex cable and everything works fine, no more I/O error issues. I can confirm that Capcom I/O gets powered via Jamma edge
Unplugged the molex from i/o board. Still throws error.

Those voltages are so high you very likely killed the io.
Luckily the i/o is ok. I moved the Naomi to another cab running cps2 and works perfectly.

I am going to go ahead and gut the bad cab and re wire everything with new parts.

Back