What's new

obitus1990

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Dynamo HS-5 cabinet that I would like to put two game boards into. One is a CPS-2 with DarkSoft multi kit, and the other is a CPS-1, also with a Darksoft Multi. I've looked at RiddledTV 's switchers, which would
probably work fine, except for where the kick-harness (for fighting games) is concerned. I know that CPS1 will first need an adapter to be used in a cabinet that has a CPS2 style kick harness (which is what this cabinet was wired for originally, as a Street Fighter Alpha 3), and have one on order. However, the RiddledTV switcher itself doesn't have an provisions for utilizing the kick harness from what I can tell. Are there any other JAMMA switchers available that will switch the kick harness controlled buttons as well?

This 2 way switcher does support a kick harness via their own connector:

1656165279223.png

So you would need adapters from the game boards kick harness connector to theirs. I can make this for you if you want (I build tons of harnesses, see link in my sig), just send me a PM.

Disregard that, both of their 2 way switchers require kicks on the JAMMA edge. That is kind of lame.

He sells Kick harness condensor boards that fix this :P I use one for my MK2 cab. have 6 games running in it. works like charm.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    252 KB · Views: 88
Dude could just have like a 6 pin 2.54 header for each board right on the PCB, and then an input header for the panel's buttons. Needing an extra $50-60 part to do the same is kinda wack

He sells Kick harness condensor boards that fix this :P I use one for my MK2 cab. have 6 games running in it. works like charm.

Thanks, but, I bought a 2 way switcher. Looks like his multifighter condenser for CPS1/2 etc. are for his 6 way and 8 way switchers only.

Thanks, but, I bought a 2 way switcher. Looks like his multifighter condenser for CPS1/2 etc. are for his 6 way and 8 way switchers only.
What makes you say that?

The kick condenser runs stand alone from the switcher, they don’t have to rely on each other, and have no physical connection to each other, the only negative of the proposed setup is you have 6 way kick and only 2 way PCB, so are paying for 4 more kicks then you can use.

I’ve got multiple 8 ways, 2 ways, kick condensers…etc all from riddled tv.

Have a chat to Jim and explain your desired setup and he will be more than happy to address any issues or concerns 👍

you should just be able to connect both boards inputs at the same time.
the pullup resistors wont pass enough current to be an issue

Back