What's new
I ordered one from Aliexpress, it arrived today.

It works great, exactly as you would expect. Two knobs, one adjusts horizontal position, the other vertical.
Thanks so much for posting about this! Mine arrived and it works great. I have an older PVM that doesn’t have an on screen display so I’d have to open the case to adjust the picture. With this my Volfied PCB can be centered perfectly! Woooooo! :D

Great to hear! It's a very useful device, part of my permanent setup now.

I want to order one, but I would rather have a bit better quality built one with a smaller footprint.

@Frank_fjs Any chance of you making/selling some of these?

Ha I'm waiting for @RGB to build one! He already has a schematic he designed.
cool, at least it looks like its happening.
I saw this post from a google search... I'm wondering if it's a thing? @RGB @Frank_fjs Also, I'm curious if this would work on an arcade monitor when using a switcher board? All my games on my 6-in-1 have different positioning so if it did work to have one per slot and fix that, it would be fantastic.

I have no plans to develop anything. Not sure where RGB is at.

The board from Aliexpress works great for me, so no real motivation to develop my own.

I have it mostly figured out, the H-position regulation works fairly good with no shaky image or anything like that. Not much time to work on this right now since it isn't my priority, but I hope to release the board this year (it won't be part of the HAS).

I have a Bang & Olufsen CRT which shifts any RGB signal to the left, cutting off the left side of the screen. No service menu adjustment seems to rectify it. Seems to be a common problem with these sets. With this jamma image position passthrough, this problem is completly rectified.
I have a B&O MX4200, which also shifts the image to the left. I can center the image using the service menu, but a part of the image gets cut off on the left side. It looks worst on my Saturn for some reason, and my other consoles are more or less fine. How did you manage to hook up the position correction board to the TV set? I would like to hook up several consoles to a SCART switch, and then somehow adjust the output from the switch with this board.

I also have an MX 1500 with the same issue, so it would be awesome to have a solution that could fix this issue on all consumer CRTs.

I am a bit of a newbie, sorry if there is a really obvious answer.

I only use it via a supergun setup, so arcade boards only.

I only use it via a supergun setup, so arcade boards only.
All right, I misunderstood what you meant about the TV then, supergun only. Too bad, I can't find any solution to this problem anywhere.

Last edited:
Hi

I've just received my unit and tested it on my PVM

It does work great :)

Now, what it would be really great, in addition to this board, is a board capable of adjusting the size of the image to the screen. My monitor does not have external controls or OSD and it would be really great to have a device capable of this

Is it possible or am I dreaming?

Thanks in advance

I have it mostly figured out, the H-position regulation works fairly good with no shaky image or anything like that. Not much time to work on this right now since it isn't my priority, but I hope to release the board this year (it won't be part of the HAS).
Are you still working on this project? I'd be interested in your version of the adjuster. I purchased the aliexpress one and my picture is jumpy and cuts out. I'm very disappointed with that product and would love a higher quality one.

Only issue I experienced is it didn't display a stable picture when used in conjunction with an RGC scart cable with sync attenuation built in. Picture jumped every few seconds, as if sync were too weak. Swapped to a standard cable and no issues whatsoever.
Are you still working on this project? I'd be interested in your version of the adjuster. I purchased the aliexpress one and my picture is jumpy and cuts out. I'm very disappointed with that product and would love a higher quality one.
@INGUES I agree, would prefer to send my money to @RGB for a better quality one of these, but for your issue, did you see Frank's response earlier?

Only issue I experienced is it didn't display a stable picture when used in conjunction with an RGC scart cable with sync attenuation built in. Picture jumped every few seconds, as if sync were too weak. Swapped to a standard cable and no issues whatsoever.
@INGUES I agree, would prefer to send my money to @RGB for a better quality one of these, but for your issue, did you see Frank's response earlier?
I did see it but I'm not sure how to apply that solution to my setup. I have a Wells Gardner D9202 monitor and the adjustment board is connected directly to the Neo Geo mv1b. The jamma cable is connected to the adjustment board. I'm using the VGA port on the Wells Gardner for my video. I'm using a VGA connector that let's me choose the pinout that I want for the rgb, sync, and ground and I get a stable picture without the adjuster. Is there something that I need to adjust with my pinout?

Totally doable, I ordered parts for a design I had in mind long time ago, but never got around to build and test it. Not sure if I want to implement it in my supergun, it's got no use for people who use upscalers and that's the majority as far as I've noticed.
@RGB are you still planning on doing this? Maybe with your RECO you could implement this? I don't mind buying the Aliexpress one, but I MUCH rather buy something you make.

Totally doable, I ordered parts for a design I had in mind long time ago, but never got around to build and test it. Not sure if I want to implement it in my supergun, it's got no use for people who use upscalers and that's the majority as far as I've noticed.
@RGB are you still planning on doing this? Maybe with your RECO you could implement this? I don't mind buying the Aliexpress one, but I MUCH rather buy something you make.
Yo,Mo ... i use my crt with arcades and need one too . praying it's the best way and for sure if will be more interest , Mike will make it :thumbsup:

I have a Bang & Olufsen CRT which shifts any RGB signal to the left, cutting off the left side of the screen. No service menu adjustment seems to rectify it. Seems to be a common problem with these sets. With this jamma image position passthrough, this problem is completly rectified.
I'd speculate there's a horizontal deflection IC, paired with a vertical deflection IC. Other than that a sync cleaner / splitter. There's a few sync deflection ICs by various companies, I may dig deeper when time permits.
I have a B&O MX4200, which also shifts the image to the left. I can center the image using the service menu, but a part of the image gets cut off on the left side. It looks worst on my Saturn for some reason, and my other consoles are more or less fine. How did you manage to hook up the position correction board to the TV set? I would like to hook up several consoles to a SCART switch, and then somehow adjust the output from the switch with this board.
I also have an MX 1500 with the same issue, so it would be awesome to have a solution that could fix this issue on all consumer CRTs.

I am a bit of a newbie, sorry if there is a really obvious answer.
It started when i was looking at the "otaku-games 6 Port RGB Scart Switch"that was rewiew by RetroRGB a while ago.

Then i found this one 6 Port RGB Scart Switch that is identical to the one produced by otaku-games except one small difference. It has two knobs for adjusting the H/V-Position for the output!

So i wrote an email to the manufacturer "TIMEHARVEST company" asking if there was a standalone version for Scart and lo and behold there was!

This one has input and output for both Scart and RGBs!

Adjustment picture position Converter SCART to SCART Adjustable converting board for adjust Image Position

Adjustment picture position Converter SCART to SCART Adjustable converting bo[...].png

Back