What's new
Item has been found
Reaction score
Hihi!!

On yet another desperate hunt for a part for our dedicated Soul Calibur 2 machine at an underground arcade I run. We just got a Dedicated US T5 with no monitor. Problem is, the person who donated it to us, he reached out to the original owner who pulled the monitor and sounds like threw it out due to being warped, a pair of brackets went with it.. ;(

This is why the brackets are important,

PXL_20231219_145111400.jpg

The spot where the dog ears would go, are cut out. I've read a lot of different posts of people saying they used either a 29" or 27" so this could be what these are for. I have no idea. It doesn't actually front mount, but from the rear like this:

Here I was thinking the CPO was going to be the impossible thing to find to make this our SC2 machine but now this. May end up having to pay an M.E. to design something but thought, I could reach out here!!

The only photo I was able to find of this specific part, is in a video of someone replacing his monitor with a 5:4 LCD. It's these alodine coated plates here at the top and bottom:

image.png

From digging it appears to natively be a Sanwa 29PF31:

img_4097-jpg.png

I got excited and ran out and bought a NEOTEC NT-500DXP7 frame, but even that sticks out too far in the rear, hits the back shell LOL so that's not useable yet, future cab missing a 27 monitor assembly!!

EDIT: My dumbass had the frame in upside down 8| when I flipped it over, it cleared the back shell perfectly.. I'll be sure to note that in the project thread. I've also now seen a ton of different monitors from pics of JDM cabs with this same bracket, so maybe it won't be as difficult to find one as I'm thinking.

More Edit:

I'm seeing these brackets on a ton of different monitor pics around this size. Looks like another one of those things I'm just unfamiliar with yet ^^ also had to fix the images, I somehow broke them.

So the biggest thing I'm hoping to find is those brackets.

Second would be the frame with the brackets..

Third is the whole monitor, working or not, tube/chassis in whatever shape, I would work with it.

I'll also post in project showcase on how this has all been coming together since I couldn't find a whole lot of answers to strange questions that I now have answers to, plus other cool stuff I'd like to show!

This is such a shot in the dark but from years of lurking and seeing people comment on posts like this with leads to really strange stuff, I thought hey.. Let's do it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ok, but you do not need (or want) the 2x rails that connect the two brackets together which also serve as the base for the chassis, correct? Aka just the top and bottom piece? If so, I have a plethora of these.

Ok, but you do not need (or want) the 2x rails that connect the two brackets together which also serve as the base for the chassis, correct? Aka just the top and bottom piece? If so, I have a plethora of these.
Yes, only the top and bottom piece.

To match this,
1703825555507.png
|
To this,
1703825541284.png

To reiterate, not this top and bottom and piece of the frame,
1703863351383.png

I already have the frame shown in silver above. What I need specifically are the Japanese mounting brackets that connect the frame to the cab.

Thank you so much! Let me know details on where to paypal, etc!

Last edited:
Grabbed 2 of them and will take pictures for ya.
So we've had so far two full frames donated , but figured I would follow up and see if you still had the images of those brackets? I'm curious if they actually bolt up to an existing frame or are part of their own frame themselves . Possibly interested in purchasing still if separatable .

Also some frames these are not removeable . The factory ones pictured (in first post), may have either been cut, or separatable on the Sanwa 29PF31. Two we just got are all part of the same frame (if this comes up in someones google search in the future).

1704737515288.png

Still marking as found.

Edit: Thought I added this pic, but apparently I did not 😅

Last edited:
The part you are calling brackets are not separate brackets. Those are simply the top and bottom part of the frame on a Japanese monitor (Nanao, Sanwa, etc.). The Neotec frame you have is just different.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

The part you are calling brackets are not separate brackets. Those are simply the top and bottom part of the frame on a Japanese monitor (Nanao, Sanwa, etc.). The Neotec frame you have is just different.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg
Yup, I had mentioned that in the last post. The ones that came with the cab, from the dudes video, he either cut them off or in his case they were removeable. There was no mention of that in his video, just him saying "I used the original brackets" and of course by those pictures, I am only able to make assumptions haha but then updated in my last post to say that when I received the frame I discovered this.

Thanks for the pics tho! Looks like one of the two that were donated! :)

Edit: That's odd. My image is not showing up in my last post.. I swear I posted pics to detail me noticing that the piece's don't separate (I fixed it and added it)

Last edited:
Back