What's new
Actually I have a question as well, what's the best hardware to mount the fan to this case, as mine was one of the ones that came with random screws. The ones I used from my stash don't sit flush to the case and it bothers me a bit.

Actually I have a question as well, what's the best hardware to mount the fan to this case, as mine was one of the ones that came with random screws. The ones I used from my stash don't sit flush to the case and it bothers me a bit.
I assume they’re about the same, but on my CPS2 case I just used the little rubber things the noctua fans come with.

M4 x 20mm worked well for me. Using Sunon fan.

EDIT: the screw holes aren’t countersunk so mine aren’t flush either.

just completed mine over the weekends and its very clean and sleek, case is quite big and heavy with lots of rooms for ventilation.
The add on 3/4 player board from Mitsurugi fit nicely after i remove the 5v pin( not using it), the inactive black button act as a support for the board.
Next will be a Jasen CPS2 case to match with this CPS1 case. Missed the CPS2 case pre order deadline…. :saint:

DCC2B170-794D-4551-8002-BDD3225B5A82.jpeg

A000AB62-B16F-4C1F-AFCF-D1A5A343724E.jpeg

79118BA1-4E10-4B1F-8556-AF421361F623.jpeg

46DF0579-A4A3-4708-8535-B0D4A3F26B22.jpeg

8A097250-664D-4C67-9404-761C7E035477.jpeg

Might have to get creative with that 3/4 player adapter if HDMI is installed. Once I get mine up and running with a good A Board (If that's actually the problem), I'll look into relocating that adapter somehow.

Where are people buying the momentary push buttons? Having a hard time finding 11.5mm buttons that's not really expensive. 12mm doesn't fit probably due to the powder coating. Calipers measure 11.6 mm opening. Any links would be appreciated.

I bought 12mm buttons and they were fine. At work now so don't have the link, but got em from digimey

Thanks. The drawings shows 12mm opening requirement and I'm not sure that'll fit since I measured 11.6mm. Can't hurt to try though and return it if they don't work.
Screw them in. The buttons will tap through the powder coat. 👍

These are the buttons I used, they're pricey but made in the USA and actually somewhat tactile, not a loud click but you can feel it engage. Just posting for anyone else who happens to be insane as I doubt many want to spend $7 per button.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/base-product/cw-industries/32/GPB556A/565626

EDIT: It's a shame the illuminated one is sold out everywhere, would have totally used it as a power LED (useless bling, particularly as mine is staying in a cab, but still want to do it)

Has anyone tried to install a volume switch where hdmi passthrough is loacated?
I am planning to install a volume switch instead of hdmi passthrough but not sure about the size of the switch. Can anyone tell me which size of switch would fit it?

volume.jpg

switch.jpg

Last edited:
I have one more silly question.
Where do i connect kick harness with case closed? I do not see any hole to connect. Do i need to buy some kind of add on board?

Last edited:
I have one more silly question.
Where do i connect kick harness with case closed? I do not see any hole to connect. Do i need to buy some kind of add on board?
You need an extension cable to go from CNI02 on the multi to CNI02 on the inside of the filter board, then you connect the harness to that. Mitsu sells em

For the fan, I didn't include screws for it because there are a lot of options for mounting it. I used long M3 panhead screws and nuts to hold mine in place on the CPS1 case. In my CPS2, the rubber nubbins from Noctua worked.

As for the 12mm buttons, I am surprised that folks are having issues. I have used a number of different 12mm buttons and haven't had any issues. In fact,these are the ones I ended up using on both my CPS2 and CPS1 build:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/Kiligen-Pr...pd_rd_i=B08LKMB448&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_1_t

Next round for all three Capcom cases is open! Email blast sent out today, but if you’re not on the list… here’s the link:

https://jasenscustomsarchive.com/product-category/pcb-cases/
Just curious for the CPS2 case, is it possible for the lcd to shift and mount on the top surface similar to the CPS1 case?
(I placed them on the floor with supergun instead of cabinet)
I like the CPS1 case design as its easier to select and see which game I’m playing on the top surface, they look more uniform too.
Cheers.

All the cases are setup as is - meaning, all the design files, setups, etc. are done to support volume production. If you have specific needs and are willing to pay for a custom design, we can discuss on a case by case (pun not intended) basis but with custom comes a lot more costs generally.

Back