What's new
Hello @JasenHicks I love the look of this case, but my PCB needs to be mounted on a piece of wood and be held vertical in my cab (I use an OG mini cute). I was planning to wait to order until there is a version that is mountable...but I heard word that you would be offering a retrofit bottom piece that would suit my needs? Please let me know, and if so, I will buy one of the cases on this run. Thanks!

Edit: I see you explained in an earlier post the way to mount it on a piece of wood. Good to see I can do this.

@dos I went with the retro gray CPS1.5 style as well.

Last edited:
I am working on some simple brackets that will be compatible with all my cases. The CPS1 case is the "widest" of them all so its rather simple to make a universal set. They will bolt on to the bottom of the case instead of the feet and have slots on the ends for affixing the setup via screws. The no cost option though, the method I mentioned above :)

Awesome! Thank you so much! I see you are from South Korea, I'm in Jinhae right now working with the ROK submarine command!

I received my one today, thanks again Jasen!

It’s much bigger than I imagined! Haha (coke can for size reference)

93F416D7-9EAF-4313-9793-763B68D44AB7.jpeg

Last edited:
I appreciate the kind words! When you get a chance, I would love it if you could pop a review on my website for them :)

A lot of people have received their CPS1 case and the initial impressions are top notch as seen above. The run was going to close on September 1 but I left it open over Labor Day weekend to give everyone a final chance to get an order in. With the way metal, labor, shipping, etc. has all gone up over the past 18 months, I only expect future runs of these (if I have time to run them) to get more expensive as demand gets lower (everyone normally gets them in run 1 so the volume of follow on orders gets lower each time).

Pick it up here: https://jasenscustomsarchive.com/product/capcom-cps1-arcade-pcb-case/

The run is officially closed for now. Moving on to finishing my Konami PCB cases. All orders from 8/18 and before are in production and shipping out. The rest went into production today. Just a few days late but enough to let a few folks squeak in at the last minute. I look forward to seeing all those sweet builds!

Got the case and love it, but am I missing something here?

PXL_20220908_011547011.jpg

The IDC cable that came with my DIP PCB does not fit the one that came with the case. Not sure if this is intentional and for a different product or what

Doesn't fit in what way?

Edit: Looks like the pitch is ok but the sockets I use are wider than the ones the factory installed. You can make it fit by snipping out the sides of the socket I bet.

Note how the sides of the header on the adapter PCB have extra clearance- the IDC cable fits exactly within that space. The case DIP PCB header lacks that clearance, and the IDC connector doesn't fit. Seems like it's made for a dupont style connector rather than IDC.

Yeah I think you can fix it by modifying the socket by cutting the sides off.

Yeah probably my fault since I used a footprint that was available for the pcb program I used. Guess that's what happens when a pro designer like Jassen trusts an amateur like me. :(

Weirdly I used smd sockets but for this adapter we switched to through hole. The through hole parts I ordered from a different seller fit my cables.

Back