What's new
We’re gonna need a bigger boat candy cab 😅

D249B5CA-AD11-421F-8D37-AEA8F368937B.jpeg
Good god, it's a monster lol

It’s definitely a beast! I ended up breaking off a component on the scsi2sd (for my cps3) when I installed it into my big blue. Definitely a sweet piece of gear and it will keep the cps1 cool and protected in my klugey capcom setup! If we could get that cps1 audio mod, everything will be perfect!

It’ll likely fit but just barely.

I have to assemble the case and then figure out a way to mount it to the plywood before confirming that it fits.

I made some suggestions on discord on how to do this using the rubber feet mounting points as a securing point from behind the plywood. Thats cheap and cost effective :)

Really like it, waiting for the dual xtal to come out before I install so I only have to do it once

PXL_20220907_221236118.jpg

And yes, it's got some serious chonk
Really like it, waiting for the dual xtal to come out before I install so I only have to do it once

PXL_20220907_221236118.jpg

And yes, it's got some serious chonk
Looks like gray case is a favorite case.

They just ship in batches by color I think so you're going to see em grouped like that
Picked up the Melty - but have yet to receive mine.

It'll likely show up in the hurricane downpour tomorrow with my luck. Good thing they're well packaged :hilarious:

Got stuck for a while because I initially wasn't confident I could desolder the LCD selector's IDC port with solder wick, so it took a while to come back to it and get everything installed.

What did everyone wire the two case buttons to?

Anyone using Mitsurugi-w's 3P/4P helper? It bumps into the fat, cheap buttons I ordered off Amazon, and it's not obvious how to route the +5V wire. What did you do?

I couldn't get the included screws for the LCD selector and dipswitch board to fit in the screw holes, and didn't find any included M3 nuts, so I used some screws and nuts I had on hand. I thought maybe I mixed up the blue baggies from the CPS2 and CPS3 cases, but apparently not.

A number of folks reached out asking about tracking. Its all on your order. If you can't see your orders its because you didn't create an account when you checked out. Dont worry though, you can still do it! Click the My Account link on my page, and create one. Once you do, I can go in the back end and easily link everyone's orders to their accounts. Your tracking numbers will be in the order notes portion. This linking requires a manual process, so I normally do it once a day to be efficient about it.

All wave 1 (before August 15) CPS1 case orders have shipped, except 1 and that person already knows. A few wave 1 cases were held back after I realized there was some hardware inclusion problems in the first sets that went out, but it should have been resolved. The wave 2 orders are in production now that the order period is up and will be updated as they begin to ship.

Based on the number of people reaching out after the fact, I may open a limited run of about 20 cases after wave 2 ships. Originally, I was going to wait until 2023 to do another run but the emails are coming in too fast to ignore and I don't like leaving people feeling left out or waiting too long if I can help it. Stay tuned, check my discord, twitter, etc. for updates on it.

1663374209601.png

What did everyone wire the two case buttons to?

Anyone using Mitsurugi-w's 3P/4P helper? It bumps into the fat, cheap buttons I ordered off Amazon, and it's not obvious how to route the +5V wire. What did you do?
I'm sure you were all on the edge of your seats, but just to close this out, I did the obvious thing and routed the +5V wire through the top button hole.

The cases are nominally to protect my PCBs, but I live in fear of scratching the paint.

There is no hole for volume control. I'll be drilling my own in order to use a trimmer tool to adjust. I guess it is assumed it will be used mostly with cabs with volume controls or superguns on TVs/sound systems with volume controls. I'll be using on an Aero which relies on the PCB volume control and the volume level varies between games on this system, so drilling is a must for me

There is no hole for volume control. I'll be drilling my own in order to use a trimmer tool to adjust. I guess it is assumed it will be used mostly with cabs with volume controls or superguns on TVs/sound systems with volume controls. I'll be using on an Aero which relies on the PCB volume control and the volume level varies between games on this system, so drilling is a must for me
That's a terrible option, and I'm sorry you're having to take it..............

Back